25th January 2018, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Army after post graduation? What is the age limit?

Am I eligible to join Indian Army after post graduation? What is the age limit? Can you please provide me with the complete information as soon as possible? I want to join Army but not sure if am eligible to proceed further or not. Thanks!

28th January 2018, 11:11 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army after post graduation? What is the age limit?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Indian Army after completion of your post graduation course. To join Indian Army after completion of your post graduation course, you have to appear in UPSC CDS examination. Candidates who have passed undergraduate course in any discipline from a recognised university and the unmarried male candidates who are in the age range of 19 to 24 years are eligible to apply for UPSC CDS examination. So, if you can fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria then, you are eligible to apply for Indian Army through CDS examination.
28th January 2018, 09:58 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army after post graduation? What is the age limit?

Eligibility criteria to join Indian Army:-

To join in Indian Army you have to appear in CDS exam.

Eligibility for CDS exam:-

For Indian Military Academy

Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

Candidate must be a citizen of India

Candidates age should be in between 19 to 24 years

Candidate must be physically fit

Candidate must be unmarried.
29th January 2018, 09:25 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Indian army after completing post graduate degree course. As you have completed post graduate degree then best procedure to join Indian army is through CDS (Combined Defence Services) exam which is conducted twice in a year by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). Here below are details regarding eligibility conditions to apply for CDS exam:-

Eligibility Conditions to apply for CDS exam:-
  • Age limit to apply for CDS exam is 18 to 25 years.
  • Only Indian citizens are allowed to apply for CDS exam.
  • Both male and female candidates are allowed to apply for CDS exam.
  • Minimum qualification required to apply for CDS exam is bachelor degree from government recognized institute.
  • For more details please visit www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?