9th September 2016, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET after completion of commerce degree and masters in history?

I have a commerce degree and masters in history with first class from ignou.A,m i eligible for UGC NET? Can you please give me the information on the same as soon as possible? It will be really helpful if you can guide me soon. Thank you!

9th September 2016, 11:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET after completion of commerce degree and masters in history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a commerce degree and masters in history with first class from ignou.A,m i eligible for UGC NET? Can you please give me the information on the same as soon as possible? It will be really helpful if you can guide me soon. Thank you!
No, you are not eligible for UGC NET exam in Commerce.

Those candidates who have completed M.Com degree with above 55% marks fro recognized University are eligible for UGC NET exam in Commerce.

For JRF post, your age should be below 28 years.
9th September 2016, 11:59 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET after completion of commerce degree and masters in history?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. It is now conducted by CBSE on behalf of University Grants Commission for lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship. the eligibility criteria for this exam is that candidate must have done master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of master's degree are also eligible for this exam.

Minimum percentage of marks required in master's degree is 55%. The upper age limit is 28 years for JRF and there is no upper age limit for lectureship. This examination is conducted twice every year in June and December. You are eligible for this exam after Master's degree in History.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?