25th July 2016, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after completion of Master's Degree in Physics?

I have done my B.Sc in Physics and now going to take admission for M.Sc course in same subject. But I don't about the next thing to do after M.Sc. Can I know that what I can do after completing Master's in Physics?

Related Questions:
25th July 2016, 11:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after completion of Master's Degree in Physics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my B.Sc in Physics and now going to take admission for M.Sc course in same subject. But I don't about the next thing to do after M.Sc. Can I know that what I can do after completing Master's in Physics?
You have completed B.Sc degree in Physics, So you are eligible for M.Sc in Physics.

Those candidates who have completed B.Sc in Physics from a recognized university are eligible for M.Sc in Physics.

Your age should be in between 18 to 25 years.
26th July 2016, 05:17 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

There are many opportunities available for M.Sc Physics Graduates. Many IT companies such as Infosys, Wipro and CTS and recruiting M.Sc Physics Graduates for Software jobs. They can also get jobs in energy plants.

Another job available for these graduates is Technician in electronic Industry. They can apply for jobs in many companies in automobile industry.

Some of those companies are Maruti Udyog, Tata Motors etc.

There are best opportunities available for M.Sc graduates in government sector .They can apply for jobs in organisations such as the Defence Research and Development Organisation( DRDO ) physical Research laboratory Ahmedabad, Saha Institute of Nuclear and Nuclear Science Centre New Delhi

They can also apply for the most competitive exams conducted by Union Public Service Commission such as IFS,IPS and IAS.
26th July 2016, 05:37 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

The aspirant can do jobs or study further; these are the two options available. Regarding studies you can study B.Ed or M.Phil or PhD after M.Sc in Physics. The course will fetch you very good job in the teaching profession. For jobs you can apply for various jobs available in the teaching profession with M.Sc Physics qualifications. The NET or SET examination is useful to pursue your career in teaching field. You can prepare for civil services examination, combined graduate level examination, RRB examinations for various posts, combined defense services examinations etc. The opportunities are available in private and government sectors.
26th July 2016, 09:14 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# After M.Sc. in Physics there are ample job opportunities. Candidate possessing the master degree in Physics has the following career options or job options:

* Job opportunities in automobile industry such as TATA Motors, Maruti Udyog etc.
* Job opportunities in Public Sector Enterprises (PSUs) such as NTPC, BHEL, ONGC etc.
* Job opportunities in Government institutions such as

= Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
= Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
= Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata
= Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
= Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
= Nuclear Science Centre, New Delhi

* Job opportunities as technician in IT companies such as Wipro, Infosys etc.
* Job opportunities in foreign institutions such as National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
* Job opportunities in teaching line after qualifying NET o SET Examination.
* Options of competitive examinations:

= SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination
= UPSC Civil Service Examination (IAS/IPS/IFS etc.)
= Statistical Investigator Examination
= Graduate level competitive conducted by Railway Recruitment Boards
= UPSC Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination
= LIC Assistant Administration Officer (AAO) Examination
= LIC Assistant Development Officer (ADO) Examination
= and many more examinations

# Followings job profiles or job positions are available after M.Sc. in Physics:

* Technician
* Research Analyst
* Teacher/Lecturer/Professor in educational institutions
* Quality Control Manager
* Observations Scientist
* Laboratory Technician
* Assistant Scientist
26th July 2016, 11:17 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The best option for you after MSc in Physics is to pursue Doctor in Philosophy in Physics but for that you should have a valid UGC NET score card. There is no upper age limit to pursue PHD.

Moreover you can go for government jobs and can apply for civil services as per your interest.
You can also apply for banking, post offices etc.

After completion of PhD you can apply for professor.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?