28th May 2016, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

When should I start preparation of GATE being a 1st year B.E. Mechanical student?

Dear Friends,
I will go in 1st year of B.E. in Mechanical Engineering branch. I want to prepare for GATE. So, when can I start preparation of GATE?

Related Questions:
  1. How should I start my GATE preparation? I am a B.Tech 1st year student
  2. Should I start preparation for GATE being a B.E. 2nd year student? Is it a barrier if having backlog in B.E. 1st year?
  3. How to start GATE preparation right from B.Tech 1st year?
  4. Internship at the beginning of 3rd year for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 1st year student? Should I start preparation for Internship test?
  5. How to get a good score in GATE? I am a 3rd year student of mechanical engineering
  6. How to manage time to prepare for GATE along with preparation of semester's exam? Study materials for preparation?
  7. How to start preparation for IES and GATE exam? I am a B.Tech 1st year
  8. From which year of B.E. I should start preparation for GATE?
  9. How to prepare for GATE Exam from 2nd year of Engineering? Important topics for GATE Exam for Mechanical stream? How to manage time to prepare for GATE Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How to start the preparation for GATE exam? I am doing B.Tech Mechanical 3rd year -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to start the preparation for civil services exam? I am a 1st year Economics(honors) student
  12. Can I get admission in IIT for M.Tech I am a 2nd year student
  13. Shall I start GATE preparation from 2nd year of engineering?
  14. How to start preparation for IAS prelims? I am a B.Com 1st year student
  15. From when should I start preparation of GATE being a B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) 2nd year student? Download syllabus and e-books for preparation?
  16. How should I start the preparation for CAT exam?
  17. How can I start preparation for GATE exam? I am a 2nd year electrical engineering student
  18. When will be the right time for me to start taking coaching for IES or GATE Exams being a candidate of 1st semester of B.Tech?
29th May 2016, 02:28 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: When should I start preparation of GATE being a 1st year B.E. Mechanical student?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam is conducted every year for getting admission in M.Tech or getting job in PSU. You want to prepare for the GATE exam.

>>Basically, the syllabus of GATE exam consists of subject which you read in second, third year of your B.E course. You have to start your preparation from the second year onwards of your B.E course for getting good score in the GATE exam. So in my opinion you have to read your subjects of second and third year thoroughly. It will help in the preparation of GATE exam too.

Following are the tips you have to follow for the preparation:

--Make proper notes of core subjects which help you lot when you are about to appear in the GATE exam as a revision.

--concentrate more on core subjects such as Thermodynamics, Strength of Materials, Heat and transfer etc.

--You can also join any coaching institute for preparation in the final year of your B.E course.

--You have to join a good test series to evaluate your performance.
30th May 2016, 12:28 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When should I start preparation of GATE being a 1st year B.E. Mechanical student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friends,
I will go in 1st year of B.E. in Mechanical Engineering branch. I want to prepare for GATE. So, when can I start preparation of GATE?

It is not necessary to prepare for GATE in the first year of B.E itself. You can study the engineering for the first 2 years. You can start the GATE preparations from the 3rd year onwards. You can either join any good coaching class for GATE or get some good study materials and start your preparations. You can also appear for tests available for these purposes and try to attempt as many test possible. So be relaxed in the first year and start the preparations for GATE from 3rd year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?