15th June 2017, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for food biotechnology course after 12th with PCM group?

Hi, I’m student of 12th standard with PCB group. I expect above 70% in board and give entrance exam MHTCET. Can I do biotechnology in food course? Please give me reply.

15th June 2017, 03:33 AM
SahnawazExpert
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible for food biotechnology course after 12th with PCM group?

Yes you can do biotechnology if you manage to score at least minimum 50% in your HSC with Physics and Mathematics as your compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology.
15th June 2017, 10:25 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for food biotechnology course after 12th with PCM group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I’m student of 12th standard with PCB group. I expect above 70% in board and give entrance exam MHTCET. Can I do biotechnology in food course? Please give me reply.
There is no such course like, Food Biotechnology. I guess that you are talking about Food Technology. If you are interested in Food Technology then definitely you are eligible for the course after completing 12th standard with PCM stream. You need to appear and qualify in the entrance exam conducted by the respective university in order to get admission for B.Tech in Food Technology course.
15th June 2017, 11:23 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

There is no such course named as Food Biotechnology, instead it is either Food Technology or Biotechnology.
Followings are the eligibility criteria for B.Tech in Food Technology:
>A candidate must have completed 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% marks in PCM from a recognized board.
>Age of the candidate should be above 17 years.
Eligibility to appear for MHTCET:
>A candidate must be Indian citizen.
>Candidate should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.
>There is a 5% marks relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

If you satisfy all of the above mentioned criteria then only your are eligible.
15th June 2017, 12:09 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc Food Biotechnology is an undergraduate course which has a duration of 3 years. Candidates who are interested for this course should have completed their 12th standard with minimum 50% marks in PCB/M subjects.

There are entrance examinations conducted by different colleges for admission into this course and you can also appear for MHT CET with the above mentioned eligibility.
15th June 2017, 12:58 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

Yes, you can get admission in the course mentioned above with the qualification you have, You will have to appear for JEE(Main) entrance test and after scoring well in it, you can get admission and continue with your studies further.
15th June 2017, 06:58 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> Yes, you are eligible for food biotechnology course after 12th with PCM group.

=> B.Tech. Food Technology or Bachelor of Technology in Food Technology is an undergraduate Food Technology course.

=> The duration of this course is four years.

=> Candidate must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.
15th June 2017, 09:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for Food Technology course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCM subject from a recognized board with above 50% marks are eligible for B.Tech Food Technology. Your age should be above 17 years.

You must qualify in JEE Main or state level engineering entrance exam to get admission in B.Tech Food Technology course.
16th June 2017, 12:29 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are very much eligible for Food Biotechnology course after the completion of your class 12th from a recognised Board.
Since you have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in class 12th, you can apply for the above mentioned course.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th studying PCB as a subject combination from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for the above mentioned course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?