15th June 2017, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should I opt after 10th CBSE for becoming an IPS officer?

Hi Sir, I am studying in 10th standard CBSE and I want to become IPS officer. My height is about 147 cm. What should I do after 10th standard. Example: science, commerce, fisheries, arts? I want to choose any of them. My phone no.is 9552071117

15th June 2017, 03:01 AM
SahnawazExpert
Banned

Default Re: Which stream should I opt after 10th CBSE for becoming an IPS officer?

In order to become an IPS officer, you can take science stream as it will include maths which will help you in future competitive exams. IPS exams are conducted by UPSC which is Union Public Service Commission, and one can apply after graduation. Age limit should be between 21-32 years. Minimum height requirement for male is 165 cm for female 150 cm. So my advice to you is study well as you need to be a graduate in order to sit for the exams and keep your health in good condition as because no one wants to see an unfit IPS Officer.
15th June 2017, 10:04 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which stream should I opt after 10th CBSE for becoming an IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir, I am studying in 10th standard CBSE and I want to become IPS officer. My height is about 147 cm. What should I do after 10th standard. Example: science, commerce, fisheries, arts? I want to choose any of them. My phone no.is 9552071117
This question frequently asked by lot of candidates, who wants to become a IPS officer. After completing 10th standard you can operate any stream you like, there is no issue with specialization. Any stream candidates who completed their Graduation from a recognized university are eligible to apply for Civil Service.

Procedure to Become IPS Officer:

Step 1: First complete your graduation from a recognized university.
Step 2: Prepare will for Civil Service Exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
Step 3: You should be Psychically and Medically fit.
Step 4: Apply for Civil Service Exam wherever the notification release.

Official website - upsc.gov.in/
15th June 2017, 11:01 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

To become an IPS (Indian Police Service) officer you need appear for UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) examination after your graduation, and there are no particular stream (Arts,Science,Commerce) required to appear for UPSC examination.
So to appear in UPSC exam, all you need to be a graduate, you can choose any stream of your interest.
15th June 2017, 12:00 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service, and in order to jon IPS you must complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university. Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years and age relaxation will be provided to candidates who belongs to reserved category. You must be an Indian citizen and should be physically fit. Your height should be 165 cms and 155 cms for females.

With this eligibility you have to appear for Civil Services Examination. The selection will depend upon the marks secured in the examination followed by physical test and personal interview.
15th June 2017, 12:35 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

You can choose any stream in 11th to become an IPS Officer in the future. You can take science or arts or commerce stream in 10+2. To become an IPS Officer, you have to clear the civil service examinations conducted by the UPSC. Civil Service Examination has three parts, namely Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. Eligibility to appear for the civil service examination is a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline. Therefore, you have to complete graduation in any discipline to appear for civil service examinations. The examinations are conducted once every year.
15th June 2017, 12:49 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

You can choose any stream and just complete your graduation with minimum passing marks from a recognized university.

You will further on have to appear for UPSC examination and after clearing the examination, you can very much become an IAS officer by clearing all the selection stages.
15th June 2017, 01:04 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

You can choose any stream you want as to write the UPSC examination the candidate have to complete his/her graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. So stream does not matter to write the examination of UPSC what matter is the candidate must have the graduation degree .
15th June 2017, 03:06 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To become IPS officer, you can choose any stream of your interest in 11th standard. To appear in this entrance exam a candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from a recognised University.
You can choose any stream of your interest in intermediate as well as in degree level.
15th June 2017, 03:10 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To become a class 1 police officer in India, you need to clear the IPS (Indian Police Services) exam which is held by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year. It is a very competitive exam with more than thousand of candidates appearing for the exam, out of which 200 are selected. Basic Qualifications is any Graduate from recognized University can apply for this Exam, Final year students are equally eligible to appear for the exams. There is certain age Limitations for this exam, 21 years of age can apply for these posts. Now comes to the physical appearance, the minimum height for Males is 165 CM, and Females is 150CM to apply for the class 1 police officer in India.
15th June 2017, 03:34 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your 10th you can take admission in any steam as per your interest such as Science, Commerce and Arts.

A candidate must have completed a degree course in any discipline from a recognised universities with minimum 50% marks.

You have to qualify the civil services exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.
15th June 2017, 03:53 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

To become an IPS officer you can choose any stream of your interest. Candidates who have completed their graduation in any stream from a recognized university are eligible to give IPS exam which is conducted by UPSC. Thanks
15th June 2017, 05:58 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC once every year.

--> Further for appearing in Civil Services examination the basic qualifications which you must hold are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must hold some certain physical fitness as per the service requirement for joining IPS. For example :- minimum height for male candidates must be 165 cm where as that for female candidates must be 150 cm. Relaxation of 5 cm is allowed for ST category candidates.

Now as far as you are concerned about selection of stream for your further studies after completion of your Class 10th in order to be an IPS officer in future then it is evident that you can select any stream as per your interest and strength as there is no compulsion of any subject at any stage of academics for appearing in Civil Services examination.

But in my advice as you clear that you want to be an IPS officer then you must opt for that subject in which you are most interested as it would seem easier to you as compared to anyother subject which will be very vital when you select your optional subject for appearing in Civil Services Mains examination for which through knowledge in optional subject is required.

For details regarding Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 08:11 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

You can choose any stream after passing 10th standard to become an IAS officer in future. The minimum education qualification required to appear in IAS exam is graduation degree from any well recognized university/institute.
So, after completion of intermediate you have to pursue graduation to be eligible for appearing in IAS examination.
So, my suggestion to you is that you shall choose any stream in which you have good basics and personal interest.
15th June 2017, 09:29 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

To be an IPS ( Indian Police Service ) officer you need to appear and qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

* You must have the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years if your are a general category candidate. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed your bachelor degree course or must be in the final year of same degree course in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

* You must satisfy physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So as it is clear that for appearing in Civil Services examination there is no compulsion of any subject at any level of academics so you can opt for any stream of your interest and strength as the selection of stream is vital while opting for optional subject for Civil Services stage II i.e; Mains examination.

Further as far as you are concerned about minimum height to be an IPS officer then it is 165 cm for male candidates and 150 cm for female candidates. Relaxation of 5 cm is allowed for candidates belonging to ST category.

For more details about Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 09:57 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, with your physical standard you are not eligible for recruitment as an I.P.S Officer.

For recruitment as an I.P.S candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The minimum eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university in any discipline.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination.
15th June 2017, 10:16 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear in Civil Service examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. There is no limitation discipline of bachelor degree to appear for examination.

So, you can select any stream in 12th and bachelor degree to appear in examination.

But even if you qualify in Civil Service examination you will be not eligible for recruitment as an I.P.S as according to your physical standard.

But will be eligible for other service. For more information about Civil Service examination vist at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 10:22 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

First of all you need to complete graduation to be eligible for IPS.
You can opt any stream in Intermediate as well as in Graduation.

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must be a holder of graduation degree from a recognized university in any discipline.

Candidate age should be 21 years to 32 years.

Candidate must have attained at least 45% aggregate in graduation.

Height should be 157cm.

Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
15th June 2017, 11:15 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

There is no need to opt any particular stream for pursuing your higher secondary course after completion of your 10th standard even if you are interested to become an IPS officer. You can opt for any course and any stream of your interest for pursuing your higher studies and after completion of your graduation course, you are eligible to apply for IPS examination.
15th June 2017, 11:24 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that if you want to become IPS officer in future then you need to qualify Civil Services Exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission . To appear in this exam a candidate must have passed graduation in any discipline from a recognised University. So personally I would like to suggest you that you can choose any stream in your 11th standard according to your interest. Because to become IPS officer there is no need to choose a specific stream.
16th June 2017, 12:10 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

In order to become an Officer in Police department, you are required to meet the eligibility criteria. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for getting job in police department is as follows.

>> You must have completed Graduation or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As graduation in any stream is considered, I suggest you to choose the best stream based on your achievements and skills that you have.

>> As far as my best knowledge is concerned, I suggest you to go with science (PCM) subjects in 12th Class and there by you may choose several courses that are available.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?