10th May 2017, 03:36 PM

What should I do after 12th Arts in order to join Indian Navy?

My name is Alisha Moin Ansari, i am 17 years old girl. I want to join Indian Navy I have to something for my India. Sir I want to ask a question that ..what should I do after my 12th? I am in 12th from Arts side. Thanking you...
your obediently
Alisha Moin ...from Allahabad

10th May 2017, 07:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after 12th Arts in order to join Indian Navy?

First thing I would like to let you know that being a girl you are not eligible for joining defense services on the basis Class 12th academics as for the girl candidate the minimum educational requirement is a graduation from a recognized university.

Further as you have mentioned that you have completed your Class 12th with Arts stream so you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy as well as Indian Air force as for these wings of defense services you need to have completed your Class 12th with Mathematics and Physics as main subjects.

But you can join Indian Army by joining Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy through CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) by qualifying CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

For details regarding CDS entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
10th May 2017, 09:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, to say that being a girl candidate, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy as per UPSC guidelines mentioned in the NDA examination notification. Only unmarried male candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognized board are eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining Indian Navy. The age criteria required to apply for NDA examination for joining Indian Navy is 16.5 to 19.5 years and you should be physically as well as mentally healthy. So, being a girl candidate, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining Indian Navy.
10th May 2017, 10:51 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, being art student you cannot apply for Indian Navy.
Only those who have studied Maths, Physics and Chemistry at 12th level are eligible to apply for Indian Navy.
You are only eligible for the Indian Army through NDA exam if you follow the above eligibility criteria otherwise not.
Therefore if you want to join Indian Army then you have chance but for Indian Navy you are not eligible with this qualification.
3rd November 2021, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Is there any specific work in joining nevy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?