17th March 2014, 03:57 PM
sindu.n

How to do IAS or IPS? I am a final year of engineering

i had persiving my final year of engineering i want to do ias r ips so please tell me the coaching centers in bangalore and tumkur?

18th March 2014, 08:59 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to do IAS or IPS? I am a final year of engineering

In order to be placed in IAS or IPS, the minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates is Graduation.

All the candidates who have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university are eligible to take civil services exam that will let the candidates to join Civil Services.

The complete selection procedure would involve
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

As you are in the final year of Engineering course, you can apply for this Exam once you have done with your Engineering course.

You can also apply for this Exam of this academic year but the thing is you should be able to provide the proof of passing in Graduation by the time you appear for Interview.

Here is the age criteria that is required for the candidates to apply for this Exam.

Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

Choose the optional subject for Main Exam in accordance with your stream in Engineering so that you can get good score in this Exam.

If time permits, join in a Coaching Institute that can provide
-Good study material
-Mock Tests
-Subject Discussions etc.

Have good preparation for this Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
19th March 2014, 12:33 PM
SATYAVATHI KOTTURU
Member+

Default Re: How to do IAS or IPS? I am a final year of engineering

After completion of your graduation in B.Tech you can attempt the civil services exams .....if you got rank in that then you can become IPS or IAS as your interest
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?