16th March 2015, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Navy being a B.Com 2nd year student?

Sir,
I have completed my Senior Secondary
classes i.e 12th with Commerce.
Now pursuing B.Com 2nd year.
And I have interest in Indian Navy.
So please help me to know how to join Indian Navy.
With Regards-
Akshay Yadav

17th March 2015, 12:05 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I join Indian Navy being a B.Com 2nd year student?

No, you are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy being a B.Com 2nd year. First, to apply for this examination, the candidate should have completed degree course or appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply. Second, to apply for Navy, the candidate should have Physics or Mathematics at graduation Level. So, as per qualification wise you are not satisfying the eligibility criteria so you are not eligible to apply for this examination. For your information, let's see the eligibility criteria for Indian Navy.

-> Applicant should have B.Sc degree with Physics or Mathematics or Engineering from a recognized University.
-> Applicant must have attained the age of 19 years and must not have attained the age of 22 years. No upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories.
-> Applicant's should be unmarried male candidates.
-> Final year of degree course may also apply.

More details, visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
17th March 2015, 07:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Being a B.Com second year student, you cannot join in Indian Navy because the minimum educational qualification required to join in Indian Navy is completion of Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognised university. To be eligible to join in Indian Navy, you need to appear in CDS (Indian Navy) examination by satisfying the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a recognised institution.

3. You must be in between 19-22 years old.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.

As per the above mentioned eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS (Indian Navy) examination, the candidate must have obtained a Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a recognised university. Since, you are pursuing Bachelor's degree in Commerce, you are not eligible to appear in CDS (Indian Navy) and you cannot join in Indian Navy.
30th March 2015, 10:31 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Absolutely you are not eligible to apply for the Indian Navy with out completion of graduation and that to your qualification is Commerce so definitely you don't have a chance to apply for the Indian Navy . In fact Indian Navy recruits the candidates who have completed their graduation in B.Sc in Maths,Physics from the recognized University.

And also you should have the age in between 19 to 22 years .There are two options available for the B.Sc Maths and Physics candidates.

1.CDS

2.NDA

So you might have a chance to apply for the Indian Army through CDS Examination.
8th April 2015, 04:39 PM
Ashwakh

Combined Defence Service exam :-
========================

After completion of your Degree , you can apply for the CDS exam to join in Indian Navy

Generally , to apply for the exam ,

~ The candidate shouldhave completed Graduation from a Recognised University
~ The age of the candidate shouldbe in between 19-22 years, to join in Navy
~ The age of the candidate shouldbe in between 19-23 years , to join in Airforce
~ The age of the candidate shouldbe in between 19-24 years , to join in Army
~ The candidate shouldbe a citizen of India
~ The candidate shouldbe an Unmarried candidate

Selection process:-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Written exam
2) SSB Interview
3) Medical Test
9th April 2015, 09:11 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, being a second year candidate of Bachelor of Commerce, you are not eligible to apply for any entrance exam that will give you chance to join Indian Navy.

During your final year of bachelor's degree in commerce, you can apply for the Combined Defense Services.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidates need to have bachelor's degree in any stream or discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

Age limit is 19-22 years for Naval academy.

It has two levels:

1. Written test.

2. Service Selection Board.

Official website: www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?