13th April 2015, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in GATE twice if completed B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 2 years ago?

Sir,
I have completed my B.Tech in Civil Engineering 2 years ago. I want to sit for GATE. Is it a fact that one can attempt for GATE twice only? Please inform me of that and remove confusion.
With deep regards,
T.Basu

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study M.Pharmacy if completed M.Sc(Chemistry) 10 years ago and qualified in GATE being a Teacher in a B.Pharmacy college?
  2. Am I eligible to study AMIE course if completed Civil Engineering Diploma 2 years ago?
  3. Am I eligible to appear in NIPER Ph.D entrance exam if qualified GATE 7 years ago?
  4. Am I eligible to study M.Com if completed B.Com 18 years ago?
  5. Am I eligible to continue AMIE course if completed 2 papers of Section-B 15 years ago?
  6. Am I eligible to attend GATE 2015?
  7. Am I eligible to do PhD in Urdu if completed M.A. 5 years ago?
  8. Am I eligible to study PhD in Architecture if completed M.Arch 15 years ago?
  9. Job in Government sector who has completed PGD in Accounts Operation & Management 10 years ago?
  10. If I complete my degree in 5 years then am I eligible for GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I get admission to study MBBS if completed BPT 4 years ago but secured 39% in 12th?
  12. Am I eligible for Indian Navy after completing diploma 3 years ago? I am 22 years old
  13. Possibility to study Master of Engineering for an employee who has completed Diploma in CSE 10 years ago?
  14. Procedure to get Lateral Entry to study B.E. in Bangalore for a EEE Diploma holder completed 2 years ago?
  15. Will I be eligible for ISRO after clearing GATE from electronics? I have 1.5 years experience in Electronics field
  16. Possibility to study B.Tech for a candidate who has completed Civil Engineering Diploma 8 years ago and worked in Dubai?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for UGC-NET if completed M.Sc(Zoology) 10 years ago?
  18. Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Library Science if completed B.Com 8 years ago?
15th April 2015, 01:56 PM
kunalroy89

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in GATE twice if completed B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 2 years ago?

Not at all. GATE has no limit of appearance for any candidate. Nor does it states any age limit or minimum marks needed in B.Tech other than pass marks.
There is no such limit.You can appear as many times as you feel.
But there is age limit for PSUs recruiting through GATE and/or certain institutions for M.Tech. BUT that is a long window as most of the PSUs have age limit till 27-28 years and most probably you won't be 28yrs within 2yrs of passing B.Tech.
So prepare well and qualify with high score in GATE without getting distracted by rumors.
15th April 2015, 07:12 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in GATE twice if completed B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 2 years ago?

Yes, you can apply for GATE exam, even if you have completed your B.Tech course two years ago. And there is no age limit and there are no restrictions on "Number of attempts" So, a candidate can appear for GATE exam as many times as he/she can, but the result of each attempt is valid for 2 years only after its result date.
15th April 2015, 09:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

There is no limit in attempts for GATE and you can appear for it without worrying about anything. If you completed B.Tech with 60% marks then you can surely apply for this exams. For reserved category 55% marks is the minimum requirement for appearing in GATE. Hence, if you have failed in first attempt then you should try to clear it again with better preparation.
15th April 2015, 09:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have completed my B.Tech in Civil Engineering 2 years ago. I want to sit for GATE. Is it a fact that one can attempt for GATE twice only? Please inform me of that and remove confusion.
With deep regards,
T.Basu
Yes, you are eligible for GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
16th April 2015, 12:52 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are applicable for GATE exam . You can attempt GATE exam as many times you want. There is no certain restrictions for attempting GATE exam.

GATE is very tough to crack. So prepare hard and sit for examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?