5th October 2015, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

IS there any scope for an Arts student to join Merchant Navy?

Sir , my name is Vivek and i am a graduate in arts. I have completed my 10+2 with maths and geography . I am going to be 28 in dec this year. I have 10 yrs of experience in c
Office job . Now i want to join merchant navy. Is there any scope for me .kindly reply me on my mail also .my mail id is [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  2. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What percentage is required for it? Is there any scope for girls in Merchant navy?
  4. How to join Merchant Navy after scoring 75% in 12th? Is there any scope for commerce students in Navy?
  5. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  6. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  7. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  8. Should I join Merchant Navy after passing commerce with 75% in 12th boards? What is the scope for commerce students in Merchant Navy?
  9. Average fees of merchant navy course? Any exemption for BC/SC? Any scope for student who is not financially strong?
  10. Can I join Merchant Navy after 12th Arts and earn decent money?
  11. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  12. How to do Merchant Navy being a Arts student?
  13. Is there any scope to join in Merchant Navy after completing engineering in electronics and telecommunication branch?
  14. How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  15. How to join merchant navy after 12th in Arts?
  16. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
  17. How should I join Merchant Navy as a merchant officer? I am a SY Mechanical Polytechnic student
  18. How to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th with Arts?
13th May 2016, 07:26 AM
sah.alok932

Default Re: IS there any scope for an Arts student to join Merchant Navy?

No,there is no option to join merchant navy after completing intermediate and graduation in arts.In order to join merchant navy it is necessary to study intermediate with pure science stream and arts stream.Pure science stream means,student must study physics,chemistry and mathematics in 10+2 along with other subjects,then only one can apply for merchant navy courses.

B.SC in nautical a course to join merchant navy requires to have minimum 60% marks in physics,chemistry and mathematics in 10+2,physical fitness is important.
Other than that B.TECH in marine engineering, a 4 year engineering course for joining merchant navy needs 10+2 with physics,chemistry and maths and qualification in a engineering entrance examination.Both of these entries require science stream in intermediate,with you having arts stream in intermediate,it is not possible in any way.

Your graduation is in arts subject,you need to be graduate in either nautical or in marine engineering apart from these two no other options,hence you are not eligible to apply for merchant navy.
29th July 2017, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: IS there any scope for an Arts student to join Merchant Navy?

Can a post graduate student in arts stream suitable for the merchant navy or any other post.I am a post grauduate student in english.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?