25th August 2016, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do LLB without graduation course?

Sir/Mam,

I have got 65% in class 12 and I don't want to do graduation so can I get admission in llb after clarified clat exam.? What is the minimum criteria followed? Can you please provide me the right official information on the same? Thank you!

25th August 2016, 08:19 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do LLB without graduation course?

Yes, you can definitely get admission in LLB course directly after your 10+2. There is no need of going for separate undergraduate course. You can opt for LLB course directly on the basis of CLAT score or on the basis of your score in 10+2 level. The admission criteria depends on the institute in which you want to seek admission as some take admission on the basis of CLAT score, some conduct their own entrance exam and others take admission on the basis of 10+2 score.

25th August 2016, 01:51 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in 5 year LLB course after 10+2. CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test and examination is conducted by NLU for admission of candidates in NLU's.

The eligibility to appear for CLAT examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board with minimum 45% relaxation for reserved category. There is no age bar to appear for examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.clat.ac.in.

25th August 2016, 04:51 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative law and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree course of either 3 years or 5 years depending on the educational qualification of an applicant.

Being a Class 12th passed candidate you are eligible for LLB course of 5 years as for the 3 year course you need to be a graduate candidate.

As far as you are concerned about CLAT then for your information CLAT refers to Common Law Admission Test and the examination is held for admission in 5 years LLB course in NLUs ( National Law Universities ) of India. The minimum eligibility criteria required for the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* You must have either completed your higher secondary degree course with a minimum of 45% aggregate or must be in the final year of same from a recognized board. Marks relaxation of 5% is applicable for SC/ST and PH category candidates.

* There is no age limit for the same examination.

Further details can be accumulated from the official link of CLAT i.e; www.clat.ac.in.

25th August 2016, 08:18 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to take admission for the Law course after completing 12th standard. But you cannot apply for the the LLb (3 years course) just after your 12th, you will have to apply for the integrated LLB course.

The integrated LLB course means a bachelor course and LLB. In this you don't have to pursue graduation to apply for LLB. You can take admission for the combined course of 5 years.

Some of the integrated course offered are BA LLB, B.com LLB, BBA LLB etc. The benefit of integrated LLB is that it saves one year for you. On merit there is no difference between the two law courses.

In order to take admission in LLB you have to appear for CLAT examination. To appear for CLAT examination you have to complete your 12th with minimum 50% marks, your age should not be more than 20 years. You are not eligible to appear if you have compartment/supplementary in any subject.

25th August 2016, 08:45 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. It is conducted by National Law University for admission of candidates in law colleges and universities for Bachelor's degree in law. The eligibility criteria for CLAT exam is:

>>Candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. General and OBC candidate must have minimum of 45% marks.

>>For SC/ST candidates, it is only 40% marks.

You are eligible for CLAT exam after scoring 65% marks in 10+2. LLB after 10+2 is of five years duration. For any more details, visit http://www.clat.ac.in.

25th August 2016, 08:57 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test and you are eligible to get admission in bachelor of legislative course after qualifying in entrance examination.

After 10+2 course duration will be of 5 years. So, if you are not interested in pursuing bachelor course you can appear for entrance to get admission in it.

After qualifying in examination you will be eligible for admission in National Law university.

The required qualification to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognised board.

Candidate must have minimum of 45% in 10+2 and 40% for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. To get syllabus for examination visit at www.clat.ac.in.

26th August 2016, 01:18 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have got 65% in class 12 and I don't want to do graduation so can I get admission in llb after clarified clat exam.? What is the minimum criteria followed? Can you please provide me the right official information on the same? Thank you!
After completion of 12th standard, you are eligible for LLB course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible LLB course but you should qualify in CLAT exam.

There are no age criteria.

Best books for CLAT exam:-

CLAT And LLB Entrance Examination: Study Package
by
A. P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Model Test Papers For CLAT & LL.B
by
A P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2010)

CLAT Common Law Admission Test
by
Mazumdar Rituparna
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2011)

26th August 2016, 01:03 PM
HERE2HELP
Member+

YES, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR LLB

For LLB, you must have completed your 12th standard examination with at least 50% marks. So this is absolutely ok that you haven't done your graduation and you still want to go for LLB.

As there is no age limit for LLB, Make sure you have all other criteria for this examination.

14th May 2018, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have filled the form of BHU this year I have filled for LLB (hons) and I haven't completed my graduation is I m eligible for that exam.

1st July 2018, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

Can i get the admission in llb 3 years mumbai university with only statement of marks of graduation course and not degree certificate?

5th July 2018, 02:48 PM
muskaan_

Dear student,
Well, you have option to do :

B.A., LL.B.(Hons.)
5 yrs. (10 Semesters)

B.Com., LL.B.(Hons.)
5 yrs. (10 Semesters)

BBA, LL.B. (Hons.)
5 yrs. (10 Semesters)

Eligibility Criteria
Pass with 60% marks in 10+2 (any stream) with English

following are the best places for your studies :
National Law School of India University
Lovely Professional University, Punjab
Nalsar University of Law
Jamia Millia Islamia
West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences
Jindal Global Law School
KLE Society's Law College

Good Luck

29th September 2020, 02:15 AM
Unregistered

I have passed 12th 7 years ago m I eligible for llb law

12th August 2022, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do LLB after the 12Th??

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?