28th April 2017, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do CA course after passing 12th in an open school?

Good Morning Sir/Mam, I qualified my 10th class in private school but in 11th class, I dropped the school as I was not been able to handle Informatics Practices (IP) in commerce stream. Due to low marks in Final Term Examination in 10th class, I got commerce stream with IP but I wanted Commerce with Maths as there is no scope in Life without Maths so I leaved the School and joined open school from where I got Commerce stream with Maths as I loved Maths. Now, I have a doubt that after 12th from Open School, can I do CA (Charted Accountancy) course from Institute Of Charted Accountants Of India (ICAI)? It is my keen request that you answer this question as soon as possible Sir/Mam. I will be highly obliged to you.

Thanks for your Guidance.

Related Questions:

29th April 2017, 03:52 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do CA course after passing 12th in an open school?

Yes, you can apply for Common Proficiency Test after 12th from open school, which is first stage of Chartered Accountancy course. ICAI conducts CPT exam twice every year in month of June and December. Candidates who have done 12th or appearing for board exams are eligible to apply for CPT examination.

CPT is objective examination which consists of question from Fundamental of Accountancy, Economy, Aptitude and Mercantile law. You need to obtain minimum of 30% marks in each subject and 50% aggregate to clear this test and get enrolled in Chartered Accountancy course.

29th April 2017, 11:10 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The full form of CA is Chartered Accountancy course.

The different stages of CA course is:

Common Proficiency Test.

Integrated Professional Competence Course.

Final course.

You can apply for CA CPT conducted by ICAI after passing 12th from an open school. This test is held in June and December of every year.

29th April 2017, 11:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For CA CPT, any stream students can apply without any issues. NIOS is a recognised way of completing schooling and it is definitely valid for CA studies.

Just get yourself registered for CPT and start preparing for it. There is no need to worry about your stream.

30th April 2017, 02:42 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good Morning Sir/Mam, I qualified my 10th class in private school but in 11th class, I dropped the school as I was not been able to handle Informatics Practices (IP) in commerce stream. Due to low marks in Final Term Examination in 10th class, I got commerce stream with IP but I wanted Commerce with Maths as there is no scope in Life without Maths so I leaved the School and joined open school from where I got Commerce stream with Maths as I loved Maths. Now, I have a doubt that after 12th from Open School, can I do CA (Charted Accountancy) course from Institute Of Charted Accountants Of India (ICAI)? It is my keen request that you answer this question as soon as possible Sir/Mam. I will be highly obliged to you.

Thanks for your Guidance.
Yes. You can pursue CA after passing 12th from any open schooling programme.

ICAI holds four level for CA aspirants.
-CPT(Common Proficiency Test)
-IPCC(Integrated Professional Competence Course)
-Three year internship under professional C.A
-Final C.A.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?