9th September 2011, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an IPS officer after 12th if I am not medically fit?

i want to become a ips officer.but i am not medically fit .can i become a ips officer.i am studying in 12th present

9th September 2011, 10:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IPS officer after 12th if I am not medically fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to become a ips officer.but i am not medically fit .can i become a ips officer.i am studying in 12th present
Dear friend,

Medically unfit persons are not eligible for IPS exam.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candiadte have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candiadte is 3years and for SC/ST candiadte is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way
1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Interview.

thanks
9th September 2011, 10:53 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Information Regarding IPS Examination.

IPS examination is also known as the civil services examination which is conducted by the UPSC in every year for the selection of the talented candidates of India as the post of IPS officer. To appear in the IPS examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize University. The final year graduation student are also eligible to apply for the IPS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

If you have pass 12th examination then i advise you to first to graduation course and then you are eligible to apply for the IPS examination. You can apply for the IPS examination in the final year of graduation.

For any more information regarding IPS examination please visit the official website of the UPSC. :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
9th September 2011, 11:23 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

To become an IPS officer you should have to go through the Civil Services Examination, conducted by the UPSC in every year.
Following is the eligibility criteria:

1. Graduation in any stream from a recognized University.
Final year graduation student are also eligible.

2. Your age must be 21-30 years at the time of appearing.

For all the details regarding the exam follow the website: http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th September 2011, 11:53 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I become an IPS officer after 12th if I am not medically fit?

Quote:
Eligibility for IPS

according to the UPSC,the candidates for Civil Service Exam have to satisfy these minimum criterion

1)The candidate must be a graduate from a recognized college of India..
2)The candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general..less than 33 years for OBC and less than 35 years for SC/ST..

general category candidates have a maximum of 4 attempts..

now the thing is..there is nothing written anywhere about the physically handicapped people or for people who are not perfectly fit..but the training for IPS is rigorous that you might not be able to complete it properly..
you can try for sure..

all the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
9th September 2011, 11:59 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello,

It is very good to see that you want to become an IPS officer and want to serve the nation.
The minimum educational qualification required to appear for the IPS examination is Graduation so right now you are not eligible for the IPS examination.

First clear your class 12th examination then go for Graduation then you can apply for the IPS examination.

Best Wishes....
10th September 2011, 12:00 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
IPS Stands for Indian Police Service, and this examination was conducted by UPSC Every year, But to apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduation degree course in any discipline form a recognised university.

But You said that You have completed your 12Th examination, So you are not eligible for UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS/IPS Officers.

>> And To apply for this examination you must be Medically fit in all the Respects, So If you are Not medically fit then you are not eligible for Civil services examination to become IPS Officer.

To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduation degree course in any discipline form a recognised University.

>> Your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates, Final year Graduates candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.

>> So, Please complete your Graduation and then apply for this examination.

The Notification of this examination was Published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC Official website in the month of February. General candidates in this examination will gets 4 attempt to cracked this examination, OBC Candidates will gets 7 Attempts in this examination and No limits for SC/ST Candidates, But if you are not medically fit then you are not eligible for Civil services to become IPS Officer.

And for more Information please check the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
10th September 2011, 12:29 AM
saugata2008

To become an IPS officer you have to go through a IAS .IAS exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year .

Eligibility criteria for IAS -

1. Bachelor's degree from any recognized in any discipline .
2.Age limit = 21 to 30 years
3.Number of permissible attempts = 4 times .

So you can see from the eligibility criteria , to be an IPS officer at least graduation is required . As you have passed 12th , you are not eligible and I think you are not eligible with the age criteria also. the So first go for the Bachelor degree .

Thank you
10th September 2011, 01:14 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for IPS exam:-
1.The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

2.The candidate should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

3.The candidate must be a citizen of India.

Age eligibility:-

1.The age should be in between 21-30 years ..
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

Physical Fitness eligibility:-

1.Hight-
Male- minimum 165 cms for general..
For SC/ST and OBC the hight should be minimum 160 cms..

Female-Minimum 150 cms for general.
For SC/ST and OBC - 145cms.

2.Chest-
Male- minimum 84 cms. expansion 5 cms.
Female-minimum 79 cms. expansion 5 cms.

3.Vision:-
6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.
6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
The candidate should not have any color blindness..

These are the criteria you have to fulfill..
All the best..
10th September 2011, 09:37 AM
shlrao
Senior Member+

First thing is that after passing 12th class you can not apply. Second thing if you medical unfit then you can not apply. To apply for the IPS you should be a graduate with more then 60% marks and the age should be more then 21 years.
10th September 2011, 03:18 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I become an IPS officer after 12th if I am not medically fit?

Quote:
Hey friend,

IPS - Indian Police Service

First of all you cannot apply for the IPS exam after 12th,which makes you not eligible for the IPS exam.

The IPS exam is conducted for the post of IPS officer and for applying for the exam you need to have completed your degree

There are conditions to be satisfied to write the IPS Exam and they may include such as:

You must be a citizen of India.

You must have got a age limit of 21-30 years which is for General category and for SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years.If you are a Ex-service men then you will get 5 years exception from the prescribed limits.

As regarding the IPS Exam you should have not been a IAS or IFS officer before applying for the IPS exam.

You must also be physically fit while appearing for the exam.

As regarding your condition you fail to satisfy the education qualification and the physical standards and even the age limit as your a +2 student.

So you are not eligible for the IPS Exam,it is better that you apply for the NDA exam as it accepts +2.
21st November 2011, 12:46 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

Medically unfit persons are not eligible for IPS exam.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candiadte have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candiadte is 3years and for SC/ST candiadte is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way
1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Interview

best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?