15th March 2012, 12:35 AM

Number of attempts allowed in Indian Engineering Service for general category applicant?

I am undergraduate student in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering,I belong to general categeory and i want to know no. of attempts.......................................... ........
THANKING YOU

15th March 2012, 06:13 AM
anlakshmi

Default Re: Number of attempts allowed in Indian Engineering Service for general category applicant?

IES i.e Indian Engineering Service Examination.

IES Exam is recruitment Only the Civil Engineering,Mechanical Engineering,Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Telecommunication.

Eligibility criteria for IES Exam :

Age limits :

The candidate for this Examination must have attained the age of 21 yrs and must not attained the age of 30 yrs on the 1st August of the year of Examination.

The Upper age limit will be Relaxed by three for OBC candidates and five years for SC/ST candidates.

Education Qualification :

The candidate should have a graduate degree In Engineering from a recognized University Or Equivalent Examination.

Those in final year of a degree course can also Eligible.

Number of attempts :

Four attempts for general candidates.

Seven attempts for OBC candidates.

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

Your graduate degree in :

• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
15th March 2012, 08:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Number of attempts allowed in Indian Engineering Service for general category applicant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I am undergraduate student in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering,I belong to general categeory and i want to know no. of attempts.......................................... ........
THANKING YOU
If Your under graduate course is BE or B-TECH then you are applicable for Indian Engineering Service.

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Masters degree in Physics and Radio Physics are applicable for IES exam.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

You can apply for IES Examination many times because there is no restrictions in Number of attempts in this examination.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

EXAMINATION SCHEDULE:-

DATE OF NOTIFICATION:- 18.08.2012

LAST DATE RECEIPT APPLICATION:- 17.09.2012

DATE OF EXAM:- 01.12.2012

For Online Application using the link http://upsconline.nic.in
15th March 2012, 11:07 AM
piki05

The age limit should be 21 to 30 years, 5% relaxation for the reserved candidates
- No. of attempt:
General: 4
OBC: 7
SC/ST: no limit
15th March 2012, 12:37 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear........
The IES exam eligibility criteria are as follows.......

The general candidates can apply for 4 times where as OBC candidates can apply for 7 times & sc / st unlimited chances.

For more details visit official website of UPSC.

Good luck.......
15th March 2012, 05:24 PM
param pita

Friend,IES Exam is recruitment Only the Civil Engineering,Mechanical Engineering,Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Telecommunication.

Eligibility criteria for IES Exam :

Age limits :

The candidate for this Examination must have attained the age of 21 yrs and must not attained the age of 30 yrs on the 1st August of the year of Examination.

The Upper age limit will be Relaxed by three for OBC candidates and five years for SC/ST candidates.

Education Qualification :

The candidate should have a graduate degree In Engineering from a recognized University Or Equivalent Examination.

Those in final year of a degree course can also Eligible.

Number of attempts :

Four attempts for general candidates.

Seven attempts for OBC candidates.

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

Your graduate degree in :

• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

EXAMINATION SCHEDULE:-

DATE OF NOTIFICATION:- 18.08.2012

LAST DATE RECEIPT APPLICATION:- 17.09.2012

DATE OF EXAM:- 01.12.2012

For Online Application using the link http://upsconline.nic.in

19th March 2012, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Hai sir,iam srinu i want last 10 years electronics IES Exam papes with solve. plz send my gmail.
[email protected] thank u sir
28th March 2012, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

sir, what is the B.E/B.tech % cutoff for appearing for IES for a general category candidate?
18th May 2012, 09:12 PM
R.K.Dubey

there are no restriction on no. of attempts for ese exams just visit upsc faq's page
21st June 2012, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

can i write IES Exam after doing B.Tech In Electrical and Electronics Engineering
29th November 2012, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

what is prelim exam?what is the syllabus for ese?
3rd May 2013, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

is ies and ese same???
11th September 2013, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to appear for the ies exam if we have a bklog in 2-2 and cleared it
22nd March 2014, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
THANKING YOU
there is no restriction on the number of attempts for the engineering services exam. the restriction of 4 attempts applies to civil services.
25th March 2014, 10:44 PM
ak011988

Post Re: Number of attempts allowed in Indian Engineering Service for general category applicant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
there is no restriction on the number of attempts for the engineering services exam. the restriction of 4 attempts applies to civil services.
HI there,

Please don't get confuse by any of write up.
As per UPSC guidelines, there are no limitation on number of attempts for Engineering services. Restrictions are there for Civil services exam.
DO refer authorized website:
www.upsc.gov.in/general/faq.htm

Thank you,
Avadhesh Khanna
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?