19th June 2017, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for higher studies in Canada if I have got 88 percentage marks from NIOS board?

Hello, I don't complete my 11th and I passed my 12th from open school getting 88% in arts stream. Can I apply for study in Canada? What is the criteria they will look for? Can you please give me the right information on this? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for higher studies in Australia after completion of 12th with 50 percentage from NIOS open board?
  2. Can I apply for studies in UK, Canada and New Zealand after NIOS?
  3. Am I eligible to go abroad for studies if I have completed my secondary studies from NIOS board?
  4. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of 12th from NIOS board?
  5. Is NIOS acceptable to study visa in Canada? What is the minimum criteria for this?
  6. NIOS board recognized in Europe to do higher studies?
  7. Eligibility to reappear in Board exams from NIOS for a candidate who has secured 50% in Intermediate?
  8. Can Kerela Government debar students with the secondary certificate of NIOS from their board of higher secondary?
  9. How can i apply for Student Visa for Canada after 12th?
  10. Is NIOS Senior Secondary certficate recognized by Aligarh Muslim University? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I go for higher studies abroad after competing 12th from NIOS?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for studies in New Zealand if I have cleared my 12th from NIOS board?
  13. Procedure to apply for higher studies in Canada? What preparation is required to be eligible? -- [New]
  14. Can I join colleges and secure jobs through NIOS Board?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for higher studies in Australia after scoring 54 percentage marks in 12th grade?
  16. Eligibility to study abroad for higher studies after 12th from NIOS board?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for higher studies in USA or European countries if I have the certificate from NIOS?
  18. Am I eligible to get a government job if I have completed 12th from NIOS board?
24th June 2017, 07:10 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for higher studies in Canada if I have got 88 percentage marks from NIOS board?

National Institute of Open Schooling is recognized as an autonomous institution under Ministry of HRD, Government of India.It is the largest open schooling system in the world.
So after completion of 12th standard from NIOS board, a candidate will be eligible for pursuing higher studies in Canada and other foreign countries.
To get admission to study bachelor's of Art (BA) course in Canada, you need to score at least 60% marks in 12th standard from a recognized board.The percentage requirement varies from one university to university and it also depends upon the course, for which you are applying.You should have to score a minimum of 6 bands in IELTS examination.Again ever university has its own demand of IELTS bands.
25th June 2017, 01:46 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for higher studies in Canada if I have got 88 percentage marks from NIOS board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I don't complete my 11th and I passed my 12th from open school getting 88% in arts stream. Can I apply for study in Canada? What is the criteria they will look for? Can you please give me the right information on this? Thank you!
NIOS degree is not valid for higher studies in Abroad. You can apply for any course in Canada because NIOS is distance education board.

Distance education is not valid for Abroad, So you can complete 12th standard from regular mode then you can apply.

After completion of 12th standard, you can apply for higher study in Canada but you should qualify in GRE exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?