30th October 2016, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GRE exam if I have a year drop in BE and completed diploma in electrical engineering?

I have completed diploma in electrical engineering . Now I am in BE final year .but i have a year drop during BE.can i eligible for GRE exam? should i get admission in USA for MS? Can you please guide me with the answer on the same. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Diploma engineering holder is eligible for GRE?
  2. Can I drop a year to prepare for GRE or do M.Pharm directly?
  3. Am I eligible to do electrical engineering after graduation in commerce?
  4. Am I eligible to do masters in automobile after completion of B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
  5. Whether to take GRE or TOEFL for pursuing PhD in US?
  6. Am I eligible to study Electrical Engineering Diploma course being an employee and a certificate holder in Electrical?
  7. What can I do after diploma in Electrical engineering?
  8. Should I drop a year to prepare for Engineering Diploma Entrance Exam if completed 10th CBSE?
  9. Streams available in Diploma Engineering other than Electrical for ITI with Electrical candidate? -- [New]
  10. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E after scoring 62% in diploma in electrical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I get admission in 2nd year of B.E.(Electrical Engineering) if completed Diploma in Computer Engineering?
  12. Am I eligible to study B.Tech in Abroad if completed Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for BSNL junior engineering exam after having 2 backlogs in final year of diploma in computer science?
  14. Can I be eligible for taking admission in Petroleum Engineering in Lateral Entry having completed Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  15. Can a diploma student give GRE exam? What is the minimum criteria followed for GRE exam?
  16. Am I eligible for SNAP after having 1 year drop?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria required to do diploma in Electrical engineering?
  18. Am I eligible for doing MS in USA after qualifying GRE and TOEFL this year?
31st October 2016, 04:49 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GRE exam if I have a year drop in BE and completed diploma in electrical engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in GRE examination even if you have a year drop in B.E after completion of your Diploma in Electrical Engineering course. There is no specific eligibility criteria required to appear in GRE examination. Anyone irrespective of age, educational qualification, etc., are eligible to appear in GRE examination. If you score good marks in GRE and TOEFL/ IELTS examinations then, you can apply for admission to Master's degree course in US universities.
31st October 2016, 05:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GRE exam if I have a year drop in BE and completed diploma in electrical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed diploma in electrical engineering . Now I am in BE final year .but i have a year drop during BE.can i eligible for GRE exam? should i get admission in USA for MS? Can you please guide me with the answer on the same. Thank you!
Yes, you are eligible for GRE exam.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.

There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination open for all candidates who are willing to pursue for higher degree in abroad.

Types of Graduate Record Examination test

1) Revised General Test
2) GRE Subject Tests

GRE exam Pattern:-

The GRE exam is conducted in three sections

Section I:-

1) Verbal Reasoning
i) Reading Comprehension
ii) Text Completion
iii) Sentence Equivalence

Section II:-

1) Quantitative Reasoning

Section III:-

1) Analytical Writing Assessment
i) Issue-Task essay
ii )Argument-Task essays

https://www.ets.org/mygre
31st October 2016, 11:55 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for GRE even though you had a year drop during your B.E course. There is no limitation or eligibility criteria which states that you are not eligible for GRE if you have a academic gap during the undergraduate course. You can definitely appear in GRE, score well and opt for study options in abroad. If you get a chance of admission in good institutes in USA, then you should definitely go for the MS course course in USA. You can get better job scope and job opportunities in USA after completion of MS course in USA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?