4th August 2016, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Will I be treated as NRI candidate if born in India but studied at Dubai?

Hello sir, My place of birth is India but studied in Dubai up to 12th with PCM group. I want to study engineering from IITs. Please, tell me that if I apply for JEE Mains exam then will I be treated as an NRI student or Indian student?

9th August 2016, 01:26 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be treated as NRI candidate if born in India but studied at Dubai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, My place of birth is India but studied in Dubai up to 12th with PCM group. I want to study engineering from IITs. Please, tell me that if I apply for JEE Mains exam then will I be treated as an NRI student or Indian student?

Yes, you will be treated as NRI candidate if born in India but studied at Dubai. The Indian abroad is popularly known as Non Resident Indian (NRI). As you are an Indian born and you went to other country for studies, then you will be treated as NRI in India. You will be treated as NRI candidate for admission in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?