23rd April 2017, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria for doing diploma in mechanical engineering?

Hi , I have done my ITI and nctvt and ATS in Welding , but now I want to pursue diploma in mechanical engineering so how about to proceed with it and could u please help with mumbai based polytechnic colleges offering lateral entry.? Can you please let me know the criteria followed to apply for diploma?

Related Questions:
  1. How to do B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What is the eligibility for diploma students to do B.Tech in Mechanical engineering?
  3. Is it possible for me to join B.E ECE course after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. Eligibility criteria to get in India Navy as officer's post after diploma in Mechanical Engineering? What is the entry procedure?
  5. What is the minimum eligibility criteria asked to apply for Assistant Loco Pilot post?
  6. Colleges offering Diploma Mechanical in Southern India? Admission procedure and eligibility criteria?
  7. Eligiblity criteria and procedure of admission in Diploma in Production Engineering for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  8. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  9. Eligibility to apply in RTO exam for Diploma Mechanical Engineer?
  10. Eligibility criteria of SSC CGL exam after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  11. What is the eligibility criteria after diploma in mechanical engineering
  12. Eligibility to apply in HAL Apprenticeship for Diploma Mechanical Engineer?
  13. What is the eligibility criteria required to do diploma in petrochemical engineering?
  14. Eligibility for Post Graduate Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  15. How can I go abroad after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. What is the marks requirement in mechanical diploma course to get the admission in best colleges for doing Engineering?
  17. Eligibility criteria to study Diploma engineering from Maulana Azad National Urdu University? Seats available for Mechanical branch?
  18. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?
24th April 2017, 08:41 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for doing diploma in mechanical engineering?

The eligibility criteria required to get admission in Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course is completion of 10th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognized board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or two years ITI course from a recognized institution are eligible to get direct admission in second year of three years Diploma course through lateral entry admission process. Since, you have two years ITI course from a recognized institution, you are eligible to get lateral entry admission in Diploma course.
24th April 2017, 09:13 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for doing diploma in mechanical engineering?

The eligibility criteria required for doing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course is completion of 10th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognized board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or two years ITI course from a Government recognized board/ institution are eligible to get direct admission in second year of three years Diploma course through lateral entry admission process. As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have passed two years ITI course from a recognized institution, so, you are eligible to get lateral entry admission for pursuing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course.
24th April 2017, 05:09 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required to join diploma in mechanical engineering:

Candidate must have minimum qualification of 10th standard to join this diploma course where as plus two passed students can also join.

Minimum age should not be less than 15 years on the date of admission.

Duration of this course vary between two to three years.

Entrance exams like DET are conducted for selection process.
24th April 2017, 05:35 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi , I have done my ITI and nctvt and ATS in Welding , but now I want to pursue diploma in mechanical engineering so how about to proceed with it and could u please help with mumbai based polytechnic colleges offering lateral entry.? Can you please let me know the criteria followed to apply for diploma?

Students who have passed Class X examinations with subjects like mathematics, English, science etc are eligible to apply for the admission to a diploma in mechanical engineering. Selection of candidates is done on the basis of marks scored in the entrance examination. The course duration is three years.
Students who have passed 10+2 or ITI are eligible for taking admission to a diploma in mechanical engineering through lateral entry admission. Students are admitted to the course on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination. Selected students are admitted directly to the second year of the course. The course duration is two years.
24th April 2017, 10:46 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering:-

Pass in 10th is the basic qualification for diploma courses.

12th passed candidates can also apply.

Duration of the course is 2- 3 years.

Entrance Exams like:- D ET are conducted for selection process. Qualifying exam marks are also considered in certain cases.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?