30th June 2016, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

Is there a range on Interest rate charge under Bank Education Loan scheme?

Respected Sir,
I am a Medical student, studying in 12th standard with PCB. I have also applied for various MBBS entrance exams and willing to do MBBS for further studies. But I want to take an Education Loan for doing MBBS. I would like to know that is there a range on the rate of interest charged on Bank Education Loan? Please tell me asap!

Related Questions:
  1. Name of the bank which is providing an education loan at least interest rate?
  2. Interest rates charges under State Bank of Travancore Education Loan scheme?
  3. Rate of Interest scheme against Bank Education Loan to study BDS? Process of recovery?
  4. Detailed information about Andhra Bank Education Loan scheme for MBA course? Concession in rate of interest for females?
  5. Is there any central scheme to provide interest subsidy on education loan of PNB? -- [New]
  6. Interest rates charged against Rs. 8.75 Lacs under Axis Bank Education Loan scheme?
  7. Eligibility to get Bank Education Loan for B.Des course for an ST candidate after getting scholarship? Interest rate charges under HDFC Bank Education Loan scheme?
  8. Interest rates charge under State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur Education Loan scheme?
  9. Interest rates charges against Rs. 4 Lacs in Bank Education Loan? How much time will it take to repay loan amount?
  10. What will be the interest rate for the left amount of an education loan if paid half of amount with pre payment charge?
  11. Whether rate of interest against an Education Loan is same for all Banks?
  12. Interest rates charge under Central Bank of India Education Loan scheme?
  13. Interest rate charge of State Bank of Hyderabad Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What penalty is imposed if interest is not paid on time under State Bank of Travancore Education Loan scheme?
  15. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  16. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  17. Whether the rate of interest against Bank Education Loan is setup by RBI?
  18. Which bank provides an education loan up to 4 lakhs at minimum interest rate?
3rd July 2016, 03:58 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there a range on Interest rate charge under Bank Education Loan scheme?

Yes, the Interest rate is charged differently for loans upto 7.5 lakhs and for loans above 7.5 lakhs. For girl candidates, most of the banks offer 0.50% concession on Rate of Interest of Education Loan. The Rate of Interest on Education loan varies from Bank to Bank. The rate of interest of Education loan in one of the top banks SBI is mentioned below :-

--> For loans upto Rs.7.5 lacs :- 2% above MCLR, currently 11.15% per annum
--> For loans above Rs.7.50 lacs :- 1.70% above MCLR, currently 10.85% per annum
3rd July 2016, 05:23 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is there a range on Interest rate charge under Bank Education Loan scheme?

You are studying in 12th standard and willing to do MBBS course for further studies. You want to take the education loan for MBBS degree.

**Basically the interest rates charged for education loan varies bank to bank. Each bank has different interest rate for education loan. Normally each bank has interest rate in the range of 10-15%.

**So in my opinion you have to apply for education loan from nationalized bank such as SBI, PNB etc. as these banks have lower rate of interest in comparison to private banks such as HDFC, Axis bank etc.
3rd July 2016, 11:22 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is a range between which the rate of interest of education loan fluctuates. The rate of interest varies from time to time as per orders from Reserve Bank of India and Central Government. Usually the rate of interest fluctuates in the range of 13-14.5%. However, if you get subsidies, the rate of interest will be decreased for your education loan. You need to comply with the fluctuating rate of interest till the time EMI is fixed for repayment.The interest is computed as simple interest for the entire study period.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?