1st April 2011, 12:22 AM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

HI DEAR,

Eligibility For IIT JEE
Candidate should be 10+2 pass and should have Physics
and Mathematics as a compulsory subject. Chemistry,Biology,
Computer Science(any one) as an optional subject.

OK
ALL THE BEST
11th April 2011, 03:47 PM
akkilala
Member+

Default Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

hi dear
The minimum percentage is 60%for general and 55% for sc/st is required for JEE test. Only twice consecutive attempts are there for IIT JEE. Means you can also give JEE next year. You are eligible for the next JEE according to your education point of view

thanks
12th April 2011, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

can 50%marks in 10 2 board exams is enough for sc category eligibility to get iitjee 2011 seat
16th April 2011, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

i secure 60% in 2. but i
secure 50 in maths. am i eligible to get admission if i am selected.
22nd April 2011, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

I am planning to appear IIT in 2013 . What is the minimum percentage of mark required in CLASS XII Exam to be eligible to sit in IIT ? - Himanshu Sekhar Dikshit
22nd April 2011, 08:26 PM
Nazu_khurana

Smile Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

Minimum percentage of marks required for candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories is at least 60% marks and candidates belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination.

BEST OF LUCK !!!!
25th April 2011, 08:01 AM
Unregistered

what are the subjects to get seat in iit-jee and what percentage is required to get seat there?
28th April 2011, 10:27 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

The minimum percentage require for appearing in IIT
60% for general category students
and 5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates i.e. 55%.....
28th April 2011, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

what are is the eligibility percentage for class X for appearing in iitjee 2013?
19th May 2011, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,i passed my 12th board this year but i scored only 63% overall and 52% in pcm.Please tell me weather i am eligible for iitjee or not..?
24th May 2011, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

The possblities is that 60%in pcm all together or 60-60 marks in each pcm
25th May 2011, 12:49 AM
eshan5

Smile Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

hi prateek....in order to sit for iit jee you need to have a minimum of 60%..earlier there used to be no limit but now it is...you can give an iit jee only for 2 time..they have age limit too...it is a prestigious institute you must go for it...best of luck
27th May 2011, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I have got 58.6% marks in pcm &all over 64 percent.So i want to know am i elligible for iitjee.
29th May 2011, 01:39 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRATEEK MEHTA View Post
What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for eligibility? I failed in iitjee . Can i apply for iit-jee again ?I am 12th passed from cbse (new-delhi) with 77 percent in pcm.
Hey friend,

As you have asked for the information regarding the marks required for IIT- JEE while doing +2,i have mentioned them below:

Eligibility:
  1. The candidates must have finished +2 from a recognized board with 10th,12 pattern of school education.
  2. For SC/ST/PD candidates it is 5 years from the prescribed age limits.
  3. The candidates must submit their physical fitness certificate.
  4. The candidates who pass the screening test are eligible for the Main exam.
  5. The candidates must score 60% aggregate and for SC/ST candidates it is 55%.

Thank you.
30th May 2011, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Sir ....i am frm west bengal.....i hv eng,bengali,phy,chem,maths nd comp science subjects......the 60% elibibility marks for iitjee exam wuld be calculated on best of 5 or on eng,beng,p,c nd m?
30th May 2011, 08:10 PM
stranger351

Yes you are eligible for IIT-JEE.
Following is eligibility criteria -
Any person are eligible to give only 2 times IIT exam..
Any PCM student which have above 60% marks in 12th are eligible for IIT-JEE.
Some Useful tips for cracking IIT JEE are-
Total paper of IIT-JEE, AIEEE and other exams are based on NCERT Books.
None of question is not out of 11th and 12th standard Books.
So firstly concentrate on CBSE issued NCERT books.
Of course For clearing doubts and concepts you have to buy another book away from NCERT..
So on the basis my companion HC verma and ARIHANT books are very good to study to understand concepts easily..
OR you can go for FITJEE Notes they are difficult to read but seriously they are very helpful to you..
7th June 2011, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

i have overall 60% but not have 60% in pcm.can i apply for iit jee again
15th June 2011, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

if my age is below 17 years then also can i apply for iit jee
24th July 2011, 12:40 PM
Tribhuwankumar1990

Quote:
What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for eligibility? I failed in iitjee . Can i apply for iit-jee again ?I am 12th passed from cbse (new-delhi) with 77 percent in pcm.
for general candidate minimum 60% aggregate is required in PCM for appearing in the exam
28th July 2011, 09:32 AM
Muditaga

60% is min.

But generally a above 90% marks students qualify it.
28th July 2011, 11:25 PM
brijeshgzp123

60% in pcm is the minimum percentage requirement to appear in iit jee

For any further details visit the home site:
www.iitjee.org/eligibility-criteria.html
www.jee.iitd.ac.in/eligibility.htm
6th August 2011, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

I m in 12th so cn i give the exm of iit jee
11th August 2011, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

I have 57% in 2 2011 so can i apply for iit jee
1st September 2011, 01:00 AM
sanju38121

For IIT-JEE a candidate must pass +2 science with a minimum percentage 60%. The IIT-jee held only twice firstly at the time of appearing in +2 and second time on the clearing of board exam of class. +2. +2 should be from a recognized board

all the best.
1st September 2011, 03:45 PM
kameshsriram

hi friend,

you can apply for jee second time also.

minimum marks required for jee eligibility are 60% in12th pcm subjects.

all the best for jee
6th September 2011, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

I have dropped for 1yr after my 10 2 ,now can i apply for consecutive 2yrs.
15th September 2011, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

i have 60% marks in maths and chemistry and 58% in physics,in total % in pcm is above 60%.can i apply iit jee
25th September 2011, 05:55 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

According to the criteria as below:

1.you should pass the 12th with Physics,Chemistry,Maths.

2.You should pass the 12th with the marks of 60% in PCM,5%v of relaxation for the SC/ST/PD.

3.Age limit must be between 25 year. 5 years of relaxation for SC\ST\PH.

4.You can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years. ,so as you have already given the exam you can sit once ,so you can sit in the IIT-JEE exam in the next year.

www.iitjee.org/eligibility-criteria.

Good luck.
25th September 2011, 06:46 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

IIT JEE eligibility criteria is given below

>>minimum 12th standard pass.

>>minimum 60% marks in 12th.

>>you can appear only two times in the IIT-JEE exam.

etc.

all the best..........
25th September 2011, 07:48 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for IIT-JEE exam:-

1.The candidate must have complete the 12th in science with physics, chemistry and maths from a recognized central/state education board or its equivalent.

2.The candidate must have 60% marks in 12th or its equivalent.

3.The candidate can appear in IIT-JEE exam twice in the entire career in a consecutive manner.
like- If you have appear in your 12th board exam this year then you can appear in IIT-JEE exam this year and next year in consecutive manner.

As you have already appeared in IIT-JEE exam one time then you will get one more chance to appear in IIT-JEE exam next year..

All the best.
25th September 2011, 09:11 PM
saurabh abhijeet

hello,

the eligibility for IITJEE is;

-a candidate should be 12th with atleast 60% from any state board or
central board,

-a candidate as an appearing can also apply for this

-there are only 2 attempts for this exam, first in the current year and
seond in the next year of passing of 12th
26th September 2011, 09:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

Those candidate have completed 12th standard with above 60% are eligible for IIT JEE exam.

But your 12th subject must be Maths , Physics , Chemistry.

There are no age limit for IIT JEE exam.

You can apply here consecutive two times.

So prepare well for IIT exams.

Thanks
27th September 2011, 06:47 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

for IIT-JEE exam you must have complete your 12th with PCM group with at least 60%.[55 of relaxations are given to SC\ST candidates.]
the age limit for this exam is not more than 25 years.

The candidate can appear in the Joint Entrance Exam two times only, that also should be in consecutive years.

The candidate must be physically fit for the course for which they have applied.

The candidates who will be giving their final examinations of 10+2 in 2011 are also eligible to apply

Thank
8th October 2011, 08:30 PM
raju bhai

dear, for appearing in IIT-JEE exam you must have to pass 12th in PCM group with at least 60%,.
the max. age limit or this exam is 25 years.
you can appear for this exam just after passing with 12th for two consecutive years,.
thanks!!!!!
31st October 2011, 04:21 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

the minimum percentage required in XII exam for appear in IIT JEE exam is 60% aggregate in 12th board.you have to be pass with physics,chemistry, mathematics.

the other eligibility criterias are given below which is mandatory for this exam.....

The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board.

The candidate can appear in the Joint Entrance Exam two times only, that also should be in consecutive years.

The candidates who will be giving their final examinations of 12th board in 2011 are also eligible to apply.
31st October 2011, 11:20 PM
dolly91
Senior Member+

hi dear,
No problem for you, there are some criteria ,in which I think you will not face any problem.

At first I will say you that study your own 11th and 12th subjects properly,achieve some basic concept,basic knowledge.

1.you should pass the 12th with Physics,Chemistry,Math as well as English

2.You should pass the 12th with the marks of 60% in PCM,5% relaxation for the SC/ST/PD.

3.Age limit must be between 25 year.

4.You can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years. ,so as you have already given the exam you can sit once ,so you can sit in the IIT-JEE exam in the next year.

thanks
31st October 2011, 11:53 PM
dolly91
Senior Member+

hi dear,
No problem for you, there are some criteria ,in which I think you will not face any problem.

At first I will say you that study your own 11th and 12th subjects properly,achieve some basic concept,basic knowledge.

2.You should pass the 12th with the marks of 60% in PCM,5% relaxation for the SC/ST/PD.

Good luck.

thanks
1st November 2011, 12:59 PM
prakashk95

Candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in 12th. Whereas, those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in 12th.
8th November 2011, 03:43 PM
uttam kumar pandey

[QUOTE=avinash kr.;189902]the minimum presentage required in class 12th for iitjee is 60%.. but there are only two chance for giving the examination. 1st in 12th appearing time and 2nd is after 12th. thanking you, best of luck[/QU

what types of question comes in exam
7th December 2011, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

does iit-jee hav any criteria for 11?
14th December 2011, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

Is a student who have failed up in 12th eligible 4 giving iitjee??????
if yes then how many attempts???
i havenot filled up the form not even once!!!!!!!
plz rply.....
14th December 2011, 11:19 AM
bishnu_g

minimum 60%for gen ,obc and 50% for sc/st
best of luck!
14th December 2011, 11:28 AM
bishnu_g

dear student is minimum 60%
best of luck!
14th December 2011, 12:22 PM
abhisek.sonu

Dear Friend,

www.jee.iitd.ac.in/eligibility.
14th December 2011, 12:26 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

IITJEE ELIGIBILITY :

Dear friend,
Here are the details of IITJEE

Academic qualification :

>>You should complete 12th standard in science
>>You must have PCM
>>You must score minimum 60% marks in 12th standard examination
>>You should score minimum 50% marks in PCM
>>You can attempt only 2 consecutive times

You can follow these books :

For more details please go through these details below :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf iitjee.pdf(1.95 MB, 49 views)
File Type: pdf How_to_start_Preparation_For_IIT_JEE.PDF(102.3 KB, 59 views)
14th December 2011, 01:05 PM
Sanwariya

Hi!!

Minimum percentage criteria to appear in IIT-JEE is 60%

You can give IIT-JEE twice:
1. Once when you are pursuing your 12th.
2. After 12th passing..

Finally, You are an eligible candidate to appear for IIT-JEE..

Best wishes,

Regards,
14th December 2011, 01:39 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
for applying for the entrance exam the aspirant should have obtained certain minimum marks in the qualifying exam. The qualifying exam includes
1. The aspirant should have completed final examination of the 10+2 with mathematics, physics and chemistry as subject.
2. Or H.S.C vocational education.
3. Diploma course recognised by the aicte.
The aspirant should have secured 60% in the qualifying exam. For sc and st aspirant the minimum marks required is 55%.
The aspirant can make maximum of two attempts. During the year of completing qualifying exam and then on the following year.
22nd December 2011, 05:02 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

you're absolutely elgible for taking second attempt

and the minimum percentage is 65% in groups

there will be a second chance for the respective year failures in iit jee

don't loose your heart

prepare well this time

Good luck for your exam..............
29th December 2011, 05:35 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

The educational qualification required to appear the IIT-JEE examination is passed in 12th or equivalent with at least 60% marks with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as elective subjects.
Now it depends on your Board of examination that it gives Intermediate degree on 2nd year marks or by adding marks of 1st year and 2nd year of Intermediate.
Whatever rules are there in your board you should have more than 60% in your final result.
Good luck...........
3rd February 2012, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

what is IIT JEE eligibility to the academic year of 2012-13. and what sibal sir said about that criteria
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?