3rd February 2012, 07:00 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

IIT JEE- INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION is an entrance exam conducted by IIT for admission in to under graduate courses in engineering.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appeared for the final 12th exam or passed with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics having 60% secured can apply for IIT JEE. There is relaxation for reserved candidate in percentage of marks which is 55% marks.

For more information you may log on http://jee.iitd.ac.in/
3rd February 2012, 08:15 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

dear friend,

1. Eligibility Criteria for IIT JEE examination :-

* For IIT JEE a candidate needs to pass in Class 12th with Physics and Mathematics
is compulsory subjects & at least one of the subjects among Chemistry,
Biotechnology, Computer Science or Biology.

* And for Architecture Courses Mathematics is compulsory subjects in class 12th
with at least 50% marks aggregate.

2. Time format of IIT JEE :

Every year the notification of this exam comes out in the first weak of November and closed in the mid of December. Generally in April this exam is occurred.

For more details please visit the following website :

http://www.iitm.ac.in

all the best.
6th February 2012, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

i haV scored 56% in 12th but 60%in maths and 78% in bca can i give entrance exam of iit-JAM
([email protected])pls rply soon.....
10th February 2012, 10:27 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRATEEK MEHTA View Post
What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for eligibility? I failed in iitjee . Can i apply for iit-jee again ?I am 12th passed from cbse (new-delhi) with 77 percent in pcm.
HI,

I.I.T-J.E.E exam is conducted by I.I.T once in a year.

It is a national level exam.

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass 12th with Physics, chemistry and maths with minimum 60% marks.
For ST/SC candidate minimum 45% marks is require..
> Must be above 17 year and below 25 year.
> Must be citizen of India.

GOOD LUCK!
1st March 2012, 12:51 AM
drurv

Eligibility for IIT-JEE

The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board.

The candidate can appear in the Joint Entrance Exam two times only, that also should be in consecutive years.

The candidate must be physically fit for the course for which they have applied.

The candidates who will be giving their final examinations of 10+2 in 2011 are also eligible to apply.
6th March 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

can the marks of 11 class will also be added in iit jee exam
6th March 2012, 08:15 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

FRIEND,

IIT stands for INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY and this test is conducted jointly by the IIT's JEE (JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION) and is conducted every year for the admission of candidates for the Engineering courses in the IIT's.

There are a total of 7 IIT's and ISM and IT-BHU which takes the students through this test.

THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE IIT-JEE EXAM IS:

1)You can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years.

2)You should have either passed the qualifying examination in the year of the test or the year previous to it.

3)You should NOT have accepted admission by paying full fees at any of the IITs, IT-BHU, Varanasi or ISMU, Dhanbad, through earlier JEE.

4)You must have completed or appearing the 12th Board exams for the Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi etc.

5)You must have secured at least 60% marks in the 12th Board exams.

6)There is a relaxation of 5% in marks for the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Disabled (PD).

The exam is conducted for the undergraduate as well as postgraduate level programmes.
[
B]Undergraduate Courses[/B]
  • B.Tech
  • B.Tech (Dual Degree)
  • B. Arch
  • B. Pharm
  • B. Des

Postgraduate Courses
  • M. Pharm. Dual Degree (5 Years)
  • M.Sc. Integrated (5 Years)
  • M.Sc. Tech. Integrated (5 Years)
  • M.Tech. Integrated (5 Years)
  • M.Tech. Dual Degree (5 Years)

Examination Schedule: April 10, 2012:

Paper 1 and Paper 2 each will have separate sections in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. Both papers will be of objective type, designed to test comprehension, reasoning and analytical ability of candidates.

IMPORTANT DATES ARE:::
  • Start of Online application process::Monday, October 31, 2011
  • Closing of Online application process:::Saturday, December 10, 2011
  • Start of Offline OMR Application Forms sale at Bank Branches ::Friday November 11, 2011
  • Close of Offline OMR Application Forms sale::: Monday December 5, 2011
  • Last date of receipt completed IIT-JEE 2012 Application Form::: Thursday December 15, 2011
  • IIT-JEE 2012 examination day:::Sunday,April 8, 2012
  • Declaration of Results::Friday,May 18, 2012
  • Online filling of CHOICES open to ALL the qualified candidates::Saturday to Sunday,May 19-June 10, 2012
  • Last date for receiving category certificates Friday June 1, 2012
  • Architecture/Design Aptitude Test::Sunday,June 3, 2012
  • Medical examination and counselling for qualified PD Candidates (the schedule will be announced on the IIT websites):::Monday to Wednesday,June 4-6, 2012
  • Last date for receiving admission form and medical certificate at zonal IITs::Friday,June 8, 2012
  • Web Release of First Course Allotment::Thursday,June 14, 2012
  • Web Release of Second Course Allotment::Monday,June 25, 2012
  • Web Release of Third Course Allotment::Friday,July 6, 2012
Syllabus for this examination will be available on the websites of all IITs.Link is::http://jee.iitd.ac.in/

For More Details: http://entrance.icbse.com/iitjee/notification/

IIT Bombay: http://www.jee.iitb.ac.in
IIT Guwahati: http://www.iitg.ac.in/jee
IIT Delhi: http://jee.iitd.ac.in
IIT Kharagpur: http://www.iitkgp.ernet.in/jee
IIT Kanpur: http://www.jee.iitk.ac.in
IIT Roorkee: http://www.iitr.ac.in/jee
IIT Madras: http://jee.iitm.ac.in

GOOD LUCK.
28th March 2012, 11:46 AM
jobsee

The candidate can appear in the Joint Entrance Exam two times only, that also should be in consecutive years.

The candidate must be physically fit for the course for which they have applied.

The candidates who will be giving their final examinations of 10+2 in 2011 are also eligible to apply.
28th March 2012, 08:48 PM
shirley_schmidt

Maharashtra public service commission is the authoritative body for conducting the Maharashtra state civil service examination in the state.

Eligibility for MPSC:

Educational qualification:The candidate pass the degree/engineering in any recognized university.
-age:Your age should in between 19-28 years.Relax able up to 33 years for BC candidates.

Physical:

Height:165 cms
Chest:84 cms.
4th April 2012, 01:47 PM
zeya007

Minimum percentage of marks required to appear in IITJEE is 60% aggregate in 12th board.
You should also have minimum 60% marks in Physics , chemistry and maths.

You are allowed only 2 attempts to appear in JEE and that attempts are counted from 12th appearing year.
Best of luck.....
7th April 2012, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

what is easiest way in which one can achieve excellent success in iit jee examination with full confidence and in limited time ?? ~ ruchi sharma student of 12th science
14th April 2012, 01:03 AM
Rajgour

hello friend ,
minimum 60% marks in 12th or PCM subject for required in IIT JEE exam.
and after 12th you can one time applicable for iit.
19th April 2012, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

I am from up board and are syllubus is diffrent from iit syll. So should i have to take coa. With 12 or drop one year
2nd May 2012, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

how much marks is needed for iit 2013 in 12 board according to new pattern
26th May 2012, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

i m karan sir i hav scored 48 % in my pcm but my overall score is 63 % am i eligible for iit 2013 plz do reply
27th May 2012, 04:06 PM
ambi_rajput

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir , i got 65% marks in 12th . detail of marks is maths 53, physics 58 chemisty 62 ,can i apear iit jee
Eligibility for IIT-JEE 2012

Minimum Percentage of Marks in QE

Candidates belonging to GE and OBC categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in QE. SC, ST and PD candidates must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in QE.

The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet. If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of counselling / admission. In case such a certificate is not provided the decision taken by the Joint Implementation Committee (JIC) of IIT-JEE 2012 will be final.
29th May 2012, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, i am ashok from tamilnadu (tanjore ) i secured minimum %andi passed 2 because i think aim only to enter iit.but now my future&aim may be scattered.Eligibility ,exam condition&result of iit 2013 changed.if i eligible for iit_jee.
4th June 2012, 05:29 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

Minimum percentage required is at least 60%.
Your percentage is quite good 77%, and since you could not qualify this year.
You have one more chance to give IIT-JEE exam. But don't miss the next year, because if you didn't give next year, you can't give exam after that.
6th June 2012, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i hav got 75% in 12..but according to new pattern of 2013 is my marks are enough ?
6th June 2012, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum percentage required to pass in physics of intermediate 2nd year?
6th June 2012, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for ISEET eligibility? I got 60 % in aggregate? Can I apply next year for ISEET?
Plz suggest?
6th June 2012, 06:50 PM
pritikolkata84

I got 60 % in HS. Can I apply next year for ISEET? Plz suggest? urgent..
6th June 2012, 09:23 PM
lakshmi dhana

dear friend,
the minimum percentage required in XII exam for appear in IIT JEE exam is 60% aggregate in 12th board.you have to be pass with physics,chemistry, mathematics.
8th June 2012, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

i scored bseb intermediate result with mark of 314.math -63 physics -62 chemistry -58 can i apply for IIT-JEE exam ?
8th June 2012, 10:58 PM
babusingh rajpurohit
Member+

17th June 2012, 12:17 AM
aatif1

The eligibility criteria for IITJEE is given below:-
1)The candidate should not be more than 25 years of age
2)The candidate should appear for the exam either in the year in which he/she had appeared for the class XII exam and/or just the year after appearinf for class XII
3)No candidate can sit for the exam for more than 2 times
4)The candidate must secure at least 60% marks in class XII if he belongs to general/OBC category and 55% marks if he belongs to SC/ST/PD category

Hence point no 4 deals with the minimum percentage requirement for IITJEE
26th June 2012, 04:27 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear There ,

*The Acronym "IIT" Stands for Indian Institute of Technology.

* The IIT exam is conducted every year for the admission of 12th pass students in B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch .

* It is the most reputable educational institution of India.

* The Eligibility Criteria For IIT JEE are :

a) you must have passed your 12th with a minimum of 60% marks .

b) You must have chosen Physics , chemistry and mathematics as your key subjects in 12th.

c) Your age should lie in between 16-24 years.

d) You are only allowed to appear in IIT-JEE twice in consecutive years.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
28th June 2012, 04:22 PM
aatif2

The eligiblity criteria of IITJEE is given below:-
1)The candidate should not be more than 25 years of age.
2)The candidate should have passed QE(Qualifying examination-equivalent to class 12)with at least 60% marks if he is a general/OBC candidate and at least 55% marks if he is a SC/ST/PD candidate
3)The candidate can appear for IITJEE only twice in his lifetime
4)A candidate ca appear either in the year of appearing for QE or the year just after that year.

Hence the minimum percentage required for you is 60%(if you are general/OBC)
and 55%(if you are SC/ST/PD)

That means you are eligible(provided you satisfy all the criterias and not just criteria no. 2)

best of luck!!!
28th June 2012, 06:04 PM
cenahlr

hi,
Eligibility Criteria of IIT JEE...
~ Candidate should pass their 10+2 class from a recognized Central or State Board to appear in the exam.
Final year 10+2 students can also appear in the exam.
~ Candidate who have passed 3rd or 4th year Diploma recognized by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education can appear in
this exam.
~ Candidate who have qualify the screen test of JEE exam are eligible to appear in the main exam.
~ Candidate's age should comes between 17 to 25 years.
SC/ST and PD category candidate get five years relaxation in upper age limit.
IIT-JEE exam covers the following subjects in the exam :-
~ Physics
~ Chemistry
~ Maths
~ Aptitude test
28th June 2012, 06:58 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Students with science stream at 10+2 level can only give this exam.

At the most you should have 60% in aggregate to sit for this exam.

You can give this exam for two times in a row.

Its a tough exam to crack so start preparing for it right from class 11 itself.

Good luck
28th June 2012, 10:00 PM
artigoyal52

hi dear,
A candidate who is non medical student and score 60% can appear in IIT-JEE for general category students and 5% relaxation is provided for SC/ST.
Candidate can appear only two times in IIT-JEE .
12th class students can also give this exam.
Good Luck
29th June 2012, 08:50 AM
Vikas hrc

Hi friend..
To be eligible to appear in IIT-JEE,you should fulfill these criteria:-
1.You should have passed your 12th from a recognised university.
2.You should have studied PCM in your 12th.
3.You should have secured 60% in your 12th.
4.Your age should be less than 25 years.
So,since you have appeared in IIT-JEE once,you can appear for it next year if you fulfil the above criteria.
Remember,next year will be your last chance to appear in IIT-JEE and you can't appear for after next year.
However,recently Kapil Sibbal changed the minimum percentage required in 12th to appear in IIT-JEE.
Now the minimum percentage in 12th will differ from board to board.It will be different for CBSE,ICSE,State board,etc.
Now,the rule is that if the topper of the board secured 98% in 12th,then the students upto 20% less than his percentage will be allowed to appear.So,if the topper of UP board secures 85%,then the students above 65% in 12th will only be allowed to appear.
I hope you understood the criteria.
Best of luck.
Thanks.
With Regards-
Vikas.
2nd July 2012, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

minimum % in 12 for iit-2013
5th July 2012, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

what is the meaning of 20 persentile of each board.how much percentage should be in 12.
13th July 2012, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

my 12th % is 82 % and pcm % 85% can i appear in iit 2013 exam
14th August 2012, 07:11 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The minimum percentage of marks required in 12th to be eligible to appear in IIT JEE is 60% .

So , try to get marks more than 60% in 12th.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
15th August 2012, 12:49 AM
randeephooda.2012

Hi dear,
you're absolutely elgible for taking second attempt

and the minimum percentage is 65% in groups

there will be a second chance for the respective year failures in iit jee

don't loose your heart

prepare well this time

you're going to surely win the competition

keep faith in your self

Thanks
15th August 2012, 10:17 AM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Friend,
No problem for you, there are some criteria ,in which I think you will not face any problem.

At first I will say you that study your own 11th and 12th subjects properly,achieve some basic concept,basic knowledge.

According to the criteria as below:

1.you should pass the 12th with Physics,Chemistry,Math as well as English

2.You should pass the 12th with the marks of 60% in PCM,5% relaxation for the SC/ST/PD.

3.Age limit must be between 25 year.

4.You can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years. ,so as you have already given the exam you can sit once ,so you can sit in the IIT-JEE exam in the next year.

For any further details visit the home site:
www.iitjee.org/eligibility-criteria.html
www.jee.iitd.ac.in/eligibility.htm
15th August 2012, 10:57 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!

-->Eligibility criteria:-

-The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board.

-The candidate can appear in the joint entrance exam 2 times only that also should be in consecutive years.

-The candiadte who will be giving their final examination of +2 are alsoeligible to apply.

-Age limit must be between 25 year.

-also you should have physics,chemistry and maths subjects during +2.

-You should have 60% marks atleast.

all the best....go ahead and work hard to get good rank.
16th August 2012, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Arrow Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

minimum percent required for iit

HELLO,
At first I will say you that study your own 11th and 12th subjects properly,achieve some basic concept,basic knowledge.

2.You should pass the 12th with the marks of 60% in PCM,5% relaxation for the SC/ST/PD.

4.You can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years. ,so as you have already given the exam you can sit once ,so you can sit in the IIT-JEE exam in the next year.

Good luck.
REGARDS

Dear friend

Eligibility for IIT-JEE

1.The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board.

2. required 60% in class 10+2 exam.

have a good day
16th August 2012, 10:04 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Smile Re: What is minimum percentage required in XII exam for IIT JEE eligibility?

minimum percent required for iit

HELLO,

Good luck.
REGARDS

Dear friend

Eligibility for IIT-JEE

1.The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board.

2. required 60% in class 10+2 exam.

have a good day[/QUOTE]
16th August 2012, 10:08 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

hi...!!!

-->Eligibility criteria:-

-The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board.

-The candidate can appear in the joint entrance exam 2 times only that also should be in consecutive years.

-The candiadte who will be giving their final examination of +2 are alsoeligible to apply.

-Age limit must be between 25 year.

-also you should have physics,chemistry and maths subjects during +2.

-You should have 60% marks atleast.

all the best....go ahead and work hard to get good rank.[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]
13th October 2012, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

is it cumpulsory to have PCM in class 12 for IIT-jee
3rd December 2012, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

sir,may i know what is the procedure to join the aeronautical engineering after passing the aieee exams?\
23rd December 2012, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

sir,thanks for this arrangement,
will it be easy if i prepare iit without coaching
23rd December 2012, 06:43 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Eligibility conditions for appearing in IIT-JEE :-
========================================
Candidates must be 12th pass in Maths with at least 60% marks SC, ST and PD candidates must secure at least 55% marks.

Number of JEE Attempts for IIT-JEE
========================================
A candidate can attempt JEE maximum two times in consecutive years
23rd December 2012, 07:01 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

The minimum percentage required for the exam of IIT-JEE is 60% in PCM.

In case of minority candidates there is 5% relaxation in age for SC/ST/PD candidates.

The age limit is 25 years

If you satisfy all the eligibility criteria then you can easily have a good future.

Thank you,

All the best.
23rd December 2012, 08:59 PM
muse65

To be eligible for the IIT-JEE exam you need satisfy the following criterion-

1.you should be a 12th appearing or a 12th pass-out in science stream from a recognized board

2.you should have minimum 60% score in 12th.

3.You also need to have minimum 60% marks in Physics , chemistry and mathematics.
23rd December 2012, 10:09 PM
pilot92

yes,you can definetly appear for iit-jee next year if it is your 2nd attempt ,as you are allowed to apper for jee only for two consecutive years including the year you passed your 12th...
AS FAR AS MINIMUM MARKS FOR ELIGIBILITY IS CONCERNED YOU ARE ON THE SAFE SIDE AS JEE REQUIRES ONLY 60% AGGREGATE IN 12TH CLASS.
best of luck...
29th December 2012, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

I am in 1 class. I want to ask an question -what need to clear IIT exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?