24th January 2012, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy?

1 am 26 year and 2 month old ,i have done 2 year apprenticeship diploma in hotel management from new delhi ,presently i have 7 year experience in this fild ,but sir i want to join merchant navy,so sir please suggest me how to do
17th March 2012, 06:38 PM
Kuber Prakash Shinde

Post What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?

sir,i am 10th pass student with 73.82% can i join the merchant neavy ?
and just I have given 12th exam that 2011-2012 year. so help me sir how to join Merchant Navy ?
21st March 2012, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy?

what are basic phusical requirements and about study requirements in merchant navy
30th March 2012, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

If i will do polytechnic and after that marine eng. Should i?
31st March 2012, 10:25 PM
poole

As your a commerce student you cannot so through exams like NDA and CDS but there are job opportunities for you in Indian Navy like you can go through SSB board.Its better that you go through NCC course which will benefit you in the Entrance exam like SSB board.

You can even go through the Officer's Academy and other such exams.You can visit the official website to get all the information

http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in/

http://www.upsc.gov.in

SSB is of fourteen year service but you can extend your service if you need to.

all the best
22nd April 2012, 03:01 AM
Unregistered

sir i got 77% in 10th and 52% in 12th and in BE in mech. 65% can i quilify for entrance exam
29th May 2012, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,i am 21 years old student and i want to join merchant navy i completed my class 12th with PCM...is i am eligible for the entrance exam?..and what is the age limit for eligible for test?....sir pls give a quick reply..
13th June 2012, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

sir i m a student of12 and i want our future in merchant navy. sir i want to know about how can i join merchant navy as a captain. what are the courses and procedure recquired for it please help me sir myself sanjeev kumar
15th June 2012, 10:50 PM
rockstarrocks

Hi dear,

Career in Merchant Navy can be pursued either as an officer or a rating in mainly two specialized fields, i.e. Marine Engineering and Nautical (deck).

To become a seafarer, following streams of entries (Pre-Sea courses) are available to Indian citizens in the Government as well as in private training institutions (recognized and approved by Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping)

As an Officer:

3 year degree course in Nautical Science for (10+2) students.

4 year degree course in Marine Engineering for (10+2) students.

2 year course for Diploma Holders.

1 year course for Graduate Mechanical Engineers.

3 month course for Deck Cadets for (10+2) students.

There are four Government Training Institutes providing Pre-Sea and Post-Sea training of international standard:

1. Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.

2. Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.

3. Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.

4. Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai
Thanks
24th July 2012, 10:50 AM
pardeep dhaliwal

merchant navy divided into two fields....Nautical science and Marine engineering

a) Requirements for eligible for nautical science and Marine engineering are:
you should have passed your 12th with 60 % marks with chemistry ,physics and mathematics.

course of navy as an officer

1. 3 years degree in nautical science (+2 students)
2. 4 years degree in marine engineering
3. 1 years degree for mechanical engineering
4. 2 years degree for diploma holders
26th July 2012, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

iam 32m bsc chemistry passed out 2003 iam interested in merchant navy presetly working in sales and marketing as a medical rept... in reputed pharma company so can i go for merchant navy/airforcess wht option are therer to get job in merchant navy iam a national medalist in swimming will it support me to get a job therer plz send me details on my id [email protected]
5th October 2012, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

sir i am recentely 2nd last sem of my btech.mechanical. i want to join merchant navy after my btech.please send me the procedure of joining merchant navy to my i.d. [email protected]
8th May 2013, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir....
i am student studing in 12tstandard i have passed my ssc at the percantage of 60% .. i have intrest in working inmerchant navy ... but ihave doubt that what are requriements for the job...for a commerce stream student.......
expecting your rply....
MY NAME IS UDAY INDALKAR....
thanking you......
26th July 2013, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BISWARUPYOGI View Post
Eligibility : MERCHANT NAVY
-Unmarried male
-Belong to age group of 19-23 years
-Should of Indian
-Should have completed his graduation from a recognized university (with Physics, Mathematics, at 10+2)
-Final year students can also apply
2)National Cadet Corps Special Entry (Through CO NCC Unit / DG NCC)
As a air Wing Senior division 'C' certificate holder of the National Cadet Corps, you can apply to flying branch.
Physical Eligibility For joining Merchant navy as Deck Cadet are as follows: -
A candidate should be physically and mentally fit.
1. Eye Sight = 6/6,
2. Height = 167 cms,
3. Weight = 50 Kg
4. Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)
SO YOU ARE APPLICABLE
Sir im a civil engg. Can i join marchent navy....
24th August 2013, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

i am btech it graduate how can i join merchant navy
9th October 2013, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

I have taken biology in 12th can I join merchant navy
2nd January 2014, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

sir,i have done 10 2 with 60% in pcm and after that i have done 3 years polytechnic diploma in mechanical and i am 36 years old,tell me how can i join merchant navy as a [email protected]
5th February 2014, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,
I am pursuing bsc.it from NIIT. I am 23 years old now i want to preparation for merchant navy so please tell me what i do ?, for this which books you are refer to me? Please help me sir my email id- [email protected]
19th September 2014, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Iwanted to be part of merchant navy bacause my family is only from navy and im also interested to be part of this,But Im in ix class.
4th October 2014, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

sir i had completed my diploma in branch of mechanical production
sir please tell me if there any opportunity for me merchant navy....
3rd November 2014, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

I will be completing my 12 science I am eager to join merchant navy what I have to do for joining it how to fill the form
27th November 2014, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

Sir hii I am sidharth I had done 12 nd i m 24 years old I want to join merchant Navi so is it possible to join merchant Navi for me nw presently I m a medial rep in amritsar
29th May 2015, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I have done 10th & 12th (Commerce) and BCom. I am 28 years Old.
I recently inquired an institute that said Age limit for entrance in Merchant Navy is 30.
And another institute said if I have an ST/SC, The general age limit that is 25 is extended to 5 more years, making it an limit till 30 years.

I will be given a 14-days basic training and then be sent on deck as a Ordinary Seaman (OC), for 1 year, then be promoted to (AB) and so on.

I need help here if the information is correct regarding age !
Please mail me at [email protected]

Please I need to be sure that this is not a fake institute.
29th May 2015, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I am planning to join Merchant Navy as a Career.
I have done my 12th in Commerce (70%) and Graduation as B.Com (63.2 %), my age is 28.

I recently visited an institute for Merchant Navy. They said the age limit is 17 - 30. They will give me a 14-days training and then I will be sent on Deck as a Ordinary Seaman (OS), completing 1 year as Ordinary Seaman (OS) then will be promoted as Able Bodied Seaman (AB), then Bosun.
The institute is approved by D.G Shipping.

I also inquired in another institute that said the actual age limit is 17-25, but is you have a ST/SC certificate, the age limit extends for 5 years, that is 17-30.

I need help here to know if I am not been lied about age limit and training.
Please mail me your advice at e-mail: [email protected] or leave your comments pls.
Regards
29th May 2015, 04:28 PM
abhime15

Hi,
I am planning to join Merchant Navy as a Career.
I have done my 12th in Commerce (70%) and Graduation as B.Com (63.2 %), my age is 28.

I recently visited an institute for Merchant Navy. They said the age limit is 17 - 30. They will give me a 14-days training and then I will be sent on Deck as a Ordinary Seaman (OS), completing 1 year as Ordinary Seaman (OS) then will be promoted as Able Bodied Seaman (AB), then Bosun.
The institute is approved by D.G Shipping.

I also inquired in another institute that said the actual age limit is 17-25, but is you have a ST/SC certificate, the age limit extends for 5 years, that is 17-30.

I need help here to know if I am not been lied about age limit and training.
Please mail me your advice at e-mail: [email protected] or leave your comments pls.
Regards
6th August 2015, 03:14 AM
Unregistered

HellO siR
I Am studing diploma in mechanical aNd i will complete my dgree at thE aGe of 24 will i applY for merchant navy
Plzz guide me sir
And also tell me which coure should i do for merchant navy to apply it easily
21st August 2015, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

I am Sanjeev from Haryana. I have passed civil engineering diploma 12 pass in arts. But I am interested in merchant navy. And my age 25. How join merchant navy
4th March 2016, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

I have complited diploma in ME but i joint MERCHNT NAVY will be procedure express
14th July 2016, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam
I am a civil engineer, working in kerala. I am married and 32 years old. Is it possible for me to have a career in merchant navy?
27th March 2017, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Merchant Navy after retiring from Indian navy at the age of 36?
25th April 2017, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am 12th passout and know i can't decide what to choose as my carrier.Its very difficult to decide. So sir can you give me suggestion.
4th August 2017, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

I AM 28 YEARS OLD GENERAL CATEGORY MADHYAMIK PASS. CAN I JOIN MERCHANT NAVY GP RATING COURSE?? PLEASE SEND ME. My email id is [email protected]
5th October 2017, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I've passed 12 with 94 % and I'm interested in joining merchant navy as an engineer or as an officer. And I've eyesight problem with vision -2.
Kindly direct me can i join it and if yes then how?
21st June 2021, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir..... I'm diploma in mechanical engineering student.... After completion my course... Can l join for merchant navy course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?