30th August 2011, 02:16 AM
cool.cristae

Default Re: TCS vs Infosys, what's better? I am selected in both

Hi dear,

Please go with the company you will feel comfortable most..

As you know that Infosys is more strict in programming basis than TCS you can realise your strength and weakness better and according to that choose the one you feel right.

There should not be confusion in your mind regarding this...

If you are not good in programming skills then to survive in the software industry you must make your knowledge good in this sector..

Otherwise you will be sacked from any company you join...its not only matter of TCS or Infy.

So it all depends on you whether you can survive yourself or not...Make good skills and join the one you like most.

Thanks
31st August 2011, 04:36 PM
desaivishal3925

Quote:
Originally Posted by neha_09061989 View Post
dear friend,
TCS is way better than INFOSYS bcoz, thet treat their employees really well,good environment,job security is their just like govt. company and salary is gud...trust me.....i am working in tcs for 2 years now and seriously their is not much job pressure like infosys....i got 19000/- in my training period and now after 2 years my salary is 35000 oer month....go for tcs
hiii i want to ask some question regarding placement..i m presently in the last year in ECE in GTU(gujarat technical university).still im more interested in programming side...but as an EC engineer i have not come across much programming...then what to do ??? I want to ask that whether this IT companies like TCS purely selects freshers on the basis of the knowledge in programming or they selects based on their logic.??? please suggest..and if at all they selects based on the logic then will they provide sufficient training to cop up with in programming.???..reply soon..waiting
31st August 2011, 08:53 PM
S-R-B

Now these days infosys is more and more engaged in increasing its manpower and not increasing the salaries of its existing employees and now comes in TCS where you will not find that much good infrastructure as infosys does but have good earning packages.
As my decisions better you got to TCS..
31st August 2011, 09:10 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
This is very confusing when you are selected for both,but you can decide which to select,because there are difference between this two companies.
TCS has declared as the best software exporter in Indian for this year and Infosys has got the third place.
For salary Infosys gives better package than TCS but in terms of job security TCS is better than Infosys.

Now you select your company according to your need.
11th September 2011, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

infosys or Wipro which is better for a fresher
18th September 2011, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

Dont go for TCS. Infy must be a good place to work
18th September 2011, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

i hv also selected in both INfOSYS and WIPRO.... what i should choose ??
19th September 2011, 01:52 AM
praveendia

its really gud to hear u having gu option to choose.as.far as my view tcs is better for.u.it is always be better and bigger IT company india in both market value and revenu.about ir programming problem.dont get scared of it u know ur weak point try to kill it.
4th October 2011, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

can anyone of u let me know whether being an ips is more difficult or being an army officer,and also which among the two commands greater respect?
5th October 2011, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

my name is sanju student of e.c.e
i selected in tcs in 7th sem. there is a training of 6 months in 8th sem.
so in which field i should get trainning.
10th October 2011, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

is there any background check in tcs,after selection?
24th October 2011, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Go for infosys. There is a least chance of getting recognized by seniors in TCS.
I am one among the Toppers in ILP. But i got support project. They didn't consider my performence in ILP. But my frnds who has wrost performence in ILP got Development project. in TCS RMG is Resource Management Group but if i have to say it is Resource Mis managing group. They dont consider your skills and performence in giving project. so go for Infosys.
24th October 2011, 10:40 PM
blizard

Dear friend,
You said that you are selected in both TCS and INFOSYS.

So,
TCS is much better than INFOSYS .

These are the reasons :

1.good salary

2.good working environment

3.job satisfaction is high.

4.Job security is also high.

5.More trustable.
25th October 2011, 12:37 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Hi dear,
Please go with the company you will feel comfortable most.. As you know that Infosys is more strict in programming basis than TCS ...
Thanks,
25th October 2011, 04:06 AM
Fraction Down

dear friend,

Both TCS & INFOSYS are the Good MNC in India.

But my dear friend,Don't be hesitate you go for TCS.Because,

1.>Now TCS is leading Software company in India.

2.>Job security is higher then Infosys.

3.>Training is Easy but effective.

4.>Quick Career Promotion.

5.>Higher salary Package.

But in infosys all are right but Promotion is so less.

best of luck.
26th October 2011, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

After how many years does the salary become 50,000-60,000 in infosys?
27th October 2011, 09:09 AM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hi,
Please go with the company you will feel comfortable most..

As you know that Infosys is more strict in programming basis than TCS you can realise your strength and weakness better and according to that choose the one you feel right.

There should not be confusion in your mind regarding this...

If you are not good in programming skills then to survive in the software industry you must make your knowledge good in this sector..

Otherwise you will be sacked from any company you join...its not only matter of TCS or Infy.

So it all depends on you whether you can survive yourself or not...Make good skills and join the one you like most.

Best of luck!
thanks
30th October 2011, 07:30 PM
dolly91
Senior Member+

hello dear
It is difficult to say that one company is better than the other in between TCS and Infosys.

Because both are top IT companies in India TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) and Infosys. Both are very good companies from several aspects like salaries, training and working conditions.

So it is your choice to choose the organization in either of the two companies.

What ever the company you join and whatever the profile you join my sincere suggestion is to put hard efforts, maintain business etiquettes, treats sub-ordinates in better manner and maintain good relations with others.

With these things if your performance is good, there is every chance that you will be respected in the organization and you may shift to higher profile.
thank you
9th November 2011, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

The guy must have joined till now but after spending 4.6 years in TCS i can say TCS is not a good choice now because now a these days they are looking for huge man power and hence the chance to easily sack out them. Also TCS%u2019s hiring standards have been fallen to very low standard like BSC,BE 2 years gap ,50% etc are acceptable so now in TCS you will see more politics than standards. Also their salaries are less than Infi so choice is yours. I am about to quit!!!
16th November 2011, 06:11 PM
tejas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pria View Post
Hi... i got selected in both tcs n infosys. i m in real confusion as to choose wat.. bein an ece student i m not so good in programmin n tat is the reason for my fear to opt infy. but i believe tat i can cope up wit programmin... abt t package: infy gives 1000 more than tcs per month.. can u plz suggest me wat to opt for??? which company gives more career growth n i m also intersted in takin onsite job..
Congratulations first of all to get into the india's top 2 indian IT Giants Being an ECE student it is always better to opt for Infosys for the quality training that they give you and is known as the best in the world... As the package doesnt make much of an issue the next thing that comes is the growth and to what i have heard about TCS is the growth rate is better than to infosys but when it comes to onsite its infosys that takes the edge from a couple of years The growth in infosys will be based on your merit, u will need to undergo exams and certifications in case of promotions... But a couple of years in Infosys will pay u rich dividends in your future...

All the best
17th November 2011, 04:20 PM
tejas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After how many years does the salary become 50,000-60,000 in infosys?
It depends on the profile, domain you work and your commitment towards the company... Infosys has v strict HR Policies so it will take a additional bit of time to get to that pay when u compare it with other company employees... But your pay will probably end on a much higher note when you migrate to other firm...
23rd December 2011, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

i am going to join on feb23 and my father going to retire on jan 31st.my doubt is could he be my surety?he has form 16 with him .pls clarify my doubt...waiting for ur reply
24th December 2011, 05:52 PM
tejas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am going to join on feb23 and my father going to retire on jan 31st.my doubt is could he be my surety?he has form 16 with him .pls clarify my doubt...waiting for ur reply
Hi,

I guess you have opted for TCS as Infosys DOJ is on 20th feb... If you want to make a good career and be a strong contender with in a couple of years when you plan to move out of an organisation then get into Infosys(the quality training they provide is invaluable), Job risk factor will be more in infosys because clearing training isnt so easy(TCS is easier on the employees) so choose the path that fits you... all the best
30th December 2011, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: TCS vs Infosys, what's better? I am selected in both

If you are keen on onsite then TCS is a very safe bet, because as a rule of thumb they send you to onsite within 3-4 years of experience, Infy on the contrary sends to onsite based on project requirement and not on experience, its purely on luck that you might land in a proj which has onsite opportunities, also it is very tough to switch from one proj to the other in Infy.

Coming to the salary part, you will get a very nice hike in TCS in the consecutive years which will surpass if not compensate for the 1k decrease in your salary...

If you are not very much into coding it is very difficult to clear the Infy training...
7th January 2012, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Infy is much better than TCS
Facities infy provides are way better than TCS, lets be honest, TCS doesnt provide anything
People in TCS do not know what to do if something wrong happens with them, in Infy you can send mail even to CEO.
Training as we all know, Infy is best.
About sacking trainess, its 2%.
Salary package is better in infy.
I m an infy employee. My friends are in TCS. Sp i can differentiate.
No one in TCS know what to if he/she has to suffer sexual harassment except to complain ti hr, in infy there is separate process.
Only good thing in TCS is that when u r on bench, u dont have to go to office for marking ur attendance
17th February 2012, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

blindy go for tcs its far better. i am working in tcs . there are lots of projects. both of them are service based . all the work is done by JUGAAD only. infy sucks pay less.
8th March 2012, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

please tell me if ny 1 a tcs employee,,,,1)what is the salary in hand during initial training period and after the training period..2)what will be the salary after 2 years in tcs plus if u r a non CS/IT students....plz give a detailed reply..plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
8th May 2012, 03:49 PM
pria

Guys, i got into TCS and life's not that bad here. I was not in bench for even a single day as i was allocated immediately after the training but the same does not happen for all. There is not much pressure here and they dont squeeze you for anything( It all depends on the project you get in ). Salary during the training period was around 18 k and after training its 22k. I have completed 1 year and my salary is 30k but wat i get in hand is around 23k.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?