13th January 2012, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?

sir,
My name is Manpreet Singh,
i m doing b.tech in mechanical stream & i want to join merchant navy. can you plz suggest me dat what i will do to join merchant navy................
31st January 2012, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?

Can I apply for merchant navy I have done my 12th form sciences side form Gwalior board
3rd February 2012, 06:24 PM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

Merchant Navy:

Merchant Navy also offers attractive openings. The opening to this important career is through a two-year Navigation Course on T.S. Rajendra (a training Ship) Bombay, and 4-year Marine Engineering Course at DMET Calcutta. An entrance examination is conducted every year by the government for admission to the above courses. The candidates are tested in English, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. The eligibility is 12th pass under 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The detailed information on careers in merchant navy may be had from the Directorate General of Shipping, Jahaz Bhawan, Walchand Hirachand Marg, Ballard Estate, Bombay-400 038, or from the Controller, DGs Entrance Examination, Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan, S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Munshi Nagar, Dadabhai Road, Andheri (West) Bombay-400 058.
7th February 2012, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

i hd completed b.sc in chemistry, how can i join indian navy.........
10th February 2012, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I'm doing F.Y. Bsc. (Geology) and my plans are to do Msc. (Petroleum technology) but im interested in Merchant Navy or The Indian Navy.Please guide me which one will be the best and i had less marks in Hsc so i was not eligible for Merchant Navy(Marine engg.)Can I do Bsc.Nautical science after bsc in physics or chemistry if yes the final year? I want to join the ship as a cadet(at least). Is Indian Navy a good choice and if it is can i join merchant navy after serving a few years in Indian Navy. Please tell me good institutes for Merchant Navy and for Indian Navy and procedure to get admissions in Navy. Thank you...
if you have minimum 60% in 12th pcm then only you are eligible for marine engineering in merchant navy.for details call on 9699597637
19th February 2012, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

I am doing B.SC first year i want to joint Indian navy as a officer after my graduation what r the procedure me to joint the Indian navy when should I give the entrance exam?and where ?which institute is best and with less fees ?i want these details could you please help me,in finding this information.

thanking you
Regards
sabiyul Rigana e-mail id [email protected]
19th February 2012, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I am 10 2 passed but my result is not open.may join navy sir please
1st March 2012, 12:52 AM
michael_scofield

hii
eligibility for merchant navy is 12th + entrance (IIT)
you are definately eligible after b.tech.
but better if you try once before taking admission.
if you clear the entrance than you would be getting after your 12th.
but no problems after your graduation.
since you qualify the basic eligibility.

all the best
4th March 2012, 03:14 PM
Dexter_Morgan

Hiiee

Merchant Navy deals with transporting cargo and sometimes passengers by sea.
It consists of passenger vessels, cargo liners, tankers, carriers and other special types of vehicles.
You can live an adventrous life and travel long distances via sea to many exciting places.
They provides a very attractive salary.But you have to be out of your house and at long distance from your family and home for most of the time.

There are two ways in which carrier can be build in merchant navy:
1.As an officer
2.Rating mainly two specialized fields, i.e. Marine Engineering and Nautical (deck).

Following streams of entries are available in the Government as well as in private training institutions :

FOR Officers:

Nautical Science for (10+2) students(3 year degree course)
Marine Engineering for (10+2) students(4 year degree course)
Two year course for Diploma Holders.
For Graduate Mechanical Engineers(1 year course)
For Deck Cadets for (10+2) students(3 month course )

FOR Rating (Entry standard Xth)

General Purpose (GP) rating(4 month Pre-Sea Course).
Deck rating(3 month Pre-Sea Course ).
Pre-Sea Course for Engine rating(3 month).

There are four Government Training Institutes which provides Pre-Sea and Post-Sea training :

Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.
Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.
Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.
Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai.

ALL THE BEST
16th March 2012, 12:42 AM
TrinityKiller

>The Basic difference between merchant navy and INDIAN NAVY is that marchant is for
transporting good and prducts from one country to other country and INDIAN NAVY is
for protecting our country from the foreign and domestic threats.

->So serving in INDIAN NAVY is a job of honor and respect and the salary is also handsome apart from other privileges which you are getting.

->The salary in Merchant navy is no that much good because you have to remain in sea for 5-6 month
and it's a boring job But the salary is around 2 lakh per month.

GOOD LUCK.
24th March 2012, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

sir , i am studying in bsc agri biotech 1'st year . what can i do for join in indian navy? and give the info. about entrance, fee structure, and related dates of exam.
25th March 2012, 12:28 AM
Denny_Crane

There are various options available to enter this field. It would all depend on your age and education qualification. Also another important factor will be whether you are a male or a female and whether you are married or unmarried. Like if you are a marine engineer who is unmarried and belongs to the male gender then you can apply through the short service commission. 12th standard pass outs can try through NDA. For this they should have studied Physics and Maths in 12th standard. But there is an age limit of 19 years. Females too can apply through the SSC scheme. They can pursue different job opportunities in executive candre, naval architecture, logistics etc. Official web site will give you detailed information on the same.
1st April 2012, 12:33 AM
poole

ligibility : MERCHANT NAVY
-Unmarried male
-Belong to age group of 19-23 years
-Should of Indian
-Should have completed his graduation from a recognized university (with Physics, Mathematics, at 10+2)
-Final year students can also apply

2)National Cadet Corps Special Entry (Through CO NCC Unit / DG NCC)
As a air Wing Senior division 'C' certificate holder of the National Cadet Corps, you can apply to flying branch.

Physical Eligibility For joining Merchant navy as Deck Cadet are as follows: -

A candidate should be physically and mentally fit.

1. Eye Sight = 6/6,

2. Height = 167 cms,

3. Weight = 50 Kg

4. Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)

SO YOU ARE APPLICABLE
20th April 2012, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

i have complete 12 sci. pls tel me the procedure to be in navy. i m a girl
21st April 2012, 06:26 PM
indu_sarabhai

Education Qualification
The candidates who have passed the 10+2 examination with Physics & Maths
are eligible to apply through this entry scheme.

AGE LIMIT
The candidate applying for this entry should have minimum age 16.5 years and
maximum is 19 years at the time of training.

Good Luck.................
5th June 2012, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

hiiiiiii ........
i have completed b.sc with electronics ................so i am elegible to join the merchant navy ...................please reply me
5th June 2012, 08:34 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hello

for merchant navy --
--Academic Qualification & AGE Limits: Candidates must have passed (10 + 2) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MARITIME STUDIES MINISTRY OF SHIPPING & ROAD TRANSPORT & HIGHWAYS
TS.CHANAKYA, NAVI MUMBAI, MARINE ENGINEERING & RESEARCH INSTITUTE (MERI), KOLKATA, MARINE ENGINEERING & RESEARCH INSTITUTE (MERI), MUMBAI
Marine Engineering Degree at Marine Engineering S Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata and 3-year Polyvalent B.Sc. (Maritime Science Degree at Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI). Mumbai for the session commencing in August 2009 will be made through the Joint Entrance Examination 2009 to be conducted by IITs on 12.04.2009. There will be no separate Entrance Examination for the institutes mentioned above and candidates who have qualified in the IIT-JEE 2009 examination will be called for counseling in the month of July/August2009. All Indian Nationals seeking admission to the above mentioned institutes must fill up the application form for IIT-JEE and a Separate application form issued by Indian institute of Maritime Studies.

Seats: There are 156 seats available in T.S.Chanakya, Navi Mumbai, 208 in MERI. Kolkata and 39 in MERI, Mumbai. Out of these 10 seats are reserved for foreign nationals in T.S. Chanakya. MERI. Kolkata and MERI, Mumbai for which the details can be directly obtained from Indian Institute of Maritime Studies.

Reservation of Seats: 15% are reserved for SC candidates, 7-1/2% for ST candidates & 18% are reserved for OBC candidates belonging to the non-creamy layer.

Academic Qualification & AGE Limits: Candidates must have passed (10 + 2) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English The candidates’ mast have been born on or after 1.10.1984, for SC/ST candidates must have born on or after 1.10.1979.

Application form along with information brochure giving the details of the Training programme at the above three Institutes, Medical standards, etc can be obtained from the following designated branches of Syndicatee Bank all over India by payment of Rs.300/ (General / OBC) and Rs.200/- (SC/ST)

Syndicate Bank Branches:

(a) West Zone: Ahrnedabad (Ashram Road Branch). Bhilai, Bhopal. Fort, Mumbai. Gwalior. Indore (Main Rajwada Chowk) Jaipur (M.I. Raod Branch) Nagpur (Gandhi Bagh Main Branch). Pune (Laxmi Road Branch),Thane (Naupada Branch), Udaipur

(b) North Zone; Amritsar Allahabad (Cantonment), Bargilly (Civil Lines Branch). Chandigarh. Dehradun. Gurgaon (Csntonr Jammu. Kanpur. Lucknow Main (Ammabad). Meerut (Main).New Delhi (Nehru Place Branch). Patiala (Main). Varanasi (Main).

(c) East Zone: Bokaro Steel City Bhubaneswar (Main).,Kolkata (N S Road). Dhanbad. Jamshedpur. Muzaffarpur. Port Blair. Patna. Ranchi. Rourkela.

(d) South Zone: Anantapur, Bangalore (Gandhinagar). Chennai (Mount Road), Kochi (Kochi-Kotinukulam Road Main Branch).

best of luck
thanx
25th June 2012, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

sir i am ashish i have completed bsc with pcm 50% marks i am join merchant navy how can join pls tell me............
my email id, [email protected]
25th June 2012, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

i have completed bsc with pcm 50% marks i am intrested join merchant navy how can do this pls sir tell me
28th June 2012, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

sir, this year i have done b.sc. final exam.and i got 59% mark in final year. i want to do dns.in which college should i take admission and what is the procedure for diploma in nautical science.
7th August 2012, 02:51 AM
Unregistered

i m bsc graduate with chemistry, bio n maths with 87% marks, pls suggest
16th September 2012, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

hey m in bsc - biotechnology 2nd year nd thinking of joining Indian navy after completing my bsc so plz help me to how to get in Indian navy because not even at a single place it is given that which all exams we have to give..............
30th October 2012, 08:58 PM
suraj391

Hello,
institutions for merchant navy are:-
T.S.Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.

Indian Institute Of Maritime Studies(IIMS), Mumbai.

Indian Institute Of Maritime Studies Kolkata.

>> A candidate must have completed their
12th std. with PCM From Recognized board..

>> Age of Candidate should not exist 21 years...

>> Only Unmarried Male can apply for it...

>> Nationality of India....

So, First off all complete your 12th then you are eligible for it...

All the best

thaxsss
all the best
12th November 2012, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am studing in Ty.Bsc(botany),how to join indian army?
15th November 2012, 10:43 AM
RAM .

join UPSC you have to apply for entrance exam conducted by UPSC.to apply for entrance exam of Merchant Nany you have to pass your graduation.

after graduation you can apply for Merchant navy entrance exam.Age limit for Merchant Navy is 21-30 year.after this you can't apply for this exam.

Notification for merchant Navy entrance exam released by UPSC every year.you have to visit the website of UPSC for notification-

http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st December 2012, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

sir, this is my last year of bsc computer science which can send the deck cadet form from my email id are [email protected] pls sir i will requested pls reply me hurry up thankyou
21st December 2012, 10:57 PM
irshad.a
Senior Member+

UPSC conducts entrance exam for Merchant Navy.For Merchant Navy entrance exam conducted every year by UPSC.

To join UPSC you have to apply for entrance exam conducted by UPSC.to apply for entrance exam of Merchant Nany you have to pass your graduation.after graduation you can apply for Merchant navy entrance exam.

1.Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh)

2.Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)

3.National Institute of Technology, Calicut (Kerela)

4.National Institute of Technology, Durgapur (West Bengal)

5.National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh)

6.Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur (Rajasthan)

7.Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar (Punjab)

8.National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur (Jharkhand)

9.National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra (Haryana)

10.Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (Maharashtra)

11.National Institute of Technology, Patna (Bihar)

12.National Institute of Technology, Rourkela (Orissa)

13.National Institute of Technology, Silchar (Assam)

14.National Institute of Technology, Hazartbal, Srinagar (J & K)

15.National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, Manglore (Karnataka)

16.Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat

good luck....
1st January 2013, 01:51 PM
NAVYPANKAJ

hello sir this is pankaj sir i have done my b.sc nautical science from indian maritime univrsity can i now join indian navy ...
1st June 2013, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

can i join indian navy after bsc geology?? what is the scope of geologists in indian navy??
10th June 2013, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Hi have complete10 2 with pcm(56%)and also study in second year of polytechnic direct
10th June 2013, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

sir , i have got 51% in 12th, so what should i do to get admission in indian navy or merchant .
18th June 2013, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

sir i have done bsc with physics an got 48% and in 12 also i have 48%
can i do dac cadet course.
plese inform me sir it verry urgent plese.
my cntct no is 8108349632 msg me aur call me plese sir...
or my email id is :- [email protected].
or can i do gp rating coursse.
plesse sir.
sunil kharwar.
3rd August 2013, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to join merchant navy. how it is possible pleas help me?
laxman nawada
4th November 2013, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

I complete 12th with pcb can I join indian navy??
4th March 2014, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i am student of BCA 6th sem. my qustion is that may join Merchant Navy who and what is proceduer plz tell me sir
my E-mail [email protected].
9th March 2014, 12:56 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Incase of Merchant Navy, you need a graduate degree in Nautical Science or the Marine Engineering opens avenue in Merchant Navy. Minimum you need to complete class 12th with PCM. There is a age limit of 20 years to both unmarried male as well as female candidates and another five years relaxation is provided to SC/ST. While incase of Indian Navy, you can start with start with Executive Branch
• NDA (National Defence Academy)-Permanent Commission
• Education: 10+2 or equivalent with Physics Chemistry and Mathematics.
• Mode of Selection: Written examination followed by SSB interview and medical examination.
Naval Academy
• 10+2 entry (Permanent Commission)
• Education: 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry & Maths
• Mode of Selection: Written examination followed by SSB interview and medical examination.
Graduate Special Entry (Permanent Commission)
• Education: B.E.
• Short-listing on the basis of academic and extracurricular achievements. Candidates are then called in for SSB interview followed by medical examination.
9th March 2014, 01:00 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Since you are pursuing BCA, getting into merchant navy will be difficult. They prefer graduate degree in science. Any interested candidate can join the Merchant Navy after completion of B.Sc. degree in Mechanical or Marine engineering. Candidates who have completed their Class 12th with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) can also join as the Deck Cadets. Navigating Officers. You need to possess the Certificate of Competency, as per the regulations in India relating to the examinations of Masters and Mates. It is cconducted by the Ministry of Surface Transport, in association with the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) Mumbai.
26th March 2014, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

I AM SAGAR SHARMA FROM BANGALORE I HAVE TO JOIN NAVY OR MERCHANT NAVY AFTER B.S.C . I WAS DOING B.S.C GENETIC ENGINEERING . PLEASE SUGGEST ME BECAUSE IN MY LEFT LEG THE THIGH GOT FRACTURE CAN I JOIN NAVY ?
20th May 2014, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

I have done b.sc (pcm) with 62%...Can I join merchant navy with this qualification..????
Please give me information about this criteria. ..
Thank you...
31st May 2014, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

sir i have complete B.E in Electronics can i join marchant navy?please tel me its prosess
7th June 2014, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after completion of B.Sc(Computer Science)
i have got 44.64% in hsc(PCM) and 43.55% in ssc.
i m currently pursuing Ty.Bsc(Computer science maths)) from Mumbai University.
can i join Merchant Navy or Indian Navy.
9th August 2014, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

hello my name is harish jadhav iam complete to bsc degree in 2012 ihave successfully in first class in three years in above 60 percentage in last year please did you many job in 2014
27th October 2014, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

sir my name is amol lad i am from satara maharashtra & now this year i was complete my bsc chemistry with 53% & now i want to joind the merchant navy so what can i do??????????????? how can i joind to marchant navy??????????
11th November 2014, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

i have already completed my bsc (physics) with first class.how can i join merchant navy for the dns course ? pls suggest the list colleges applicable ?
17th May 2015, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my bsc 2nd year can i join in merchant navy after completing my 3rd year and what is the duration of course
?
27th November 2015, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I have cleared my bsc with chemistry with 93% and I wish to join merchant navy.Can girls after doing B.Sc. join navy or merchant navy?presently i am 24 years old,can i join merchant navy after 24.My email id is [email protected]. so kindly send me the email as soon as possible.
thanking you.
19th April 2016, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Guys my name is Akash malik I am doing b.sc in pcm from agra university. Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy. Please let me know
Thanks.
8th July 2016, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed b.sc (pcm) in 2014 please tell me about merchant navy course after graduation
19th December 2016, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

what are the qualifications requirement for girls for Indian Navy after BSC ?
20th March 2017, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

How many age criteria for joining the nda job please give me details for age??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?