6th January 2011, 12:43 PM
njmaa51

After completing B.Com and 12th commerce can I do Merchant Navy? Institutions offer the course and their fee structure?

i m a commerce student and completed plus two,now doing b.com .can i enter into merchant navy ?. pls advice me about appropriate courses , institutions and about the fee structure of these courses.and the possibilities of the courses also. and i am really like to work in abroad

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join Merchant Navy having 72% in 12th with PCM? Fee structure of the course to pursue?
  2. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  3. How to join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th?
  4. Procedure to join Merchant Navy? What is the eligibility criteria and the fee structure?
  5. Can I join merchant Navy after passing 12th with 61% science? What is the fee structure?
  6. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th with commerce?
  8. Required percentage in 12th to join Merchant Navy? Fee structure for this course?
  9. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  10. How a B.Com graduate can join Merchant Navy?
  11. Do the students with 12th commerce have any chance of getting recruited in Merchant Navy? Options regarding the recruitment in Merchant Navy?
  12. Detailed information and requirements to apply for job in Merchant Navy for 12th Commerce student?
  13. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  14. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing 12th in commerce?
  15. Eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy? What is the Fee structure of the course? -- [New]
  16. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  17. How shall I get into Merchant Navy after completion of 10+2? What will be the fee structure for this?
  18. Should I join Merchant Navy after passing commerce with 75% in 12th boards? What is the scope for commerce students in Merchant Navy?
6th June 2011, 05:57 PM
teacherx

Default Re: After completing B.Com and 12th commerce can I do Merchant Navy? Institutions offer the course and their fee structure?

sorry but commerce students are not eligible for merchant navy.

The candidate must have secured minimum 60 % percent marks in PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY AND MATHS to be eligible for merchant navy in any institute around the country.

any way some institutes are
Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI)
Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies- Mumbai
International Maritime Institute (IMI)
Institute of Technology & Marine Engineering (ITME)
B.P. Marine Academy
TS Rahaman
Indian Meritime University (IMU)

since merchant navy is a expensive course you may expect a total course fees of around 10 lakh rupees in private colleges.
7th June 2011, 01:46 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: After completing B.Com and 12th commerce can I do Merchant Navy? Institutions offer the course and their fee structure?

Dear friend,

Generally there are two entry schemes in merchant navy.

1.One can take up the course of navigational and engineering for which a B.Sc degree is must in marine engineering or mechanical engineering.

2.Another way is that if a candidate had Physics,Chemistry and Maths in 10(+2), he can join as Deck cadets.

So i don't think after doing commerce in 12th,you can join the merchant navy.
7th June 2011, 01:56 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

Generally there are two entry schemes in merchant navy.

1.One can take up the course of navigational and engineering for which a B.Sc degree is must in marine engineering or mechanical engineering.

2.Another way is that if a candidate had Physics,Chemistry and Maths in 10(+2), he can join as Deck cadets.

So i don't think after doing commerce in 12th,you can join the merchant navy.
23rd June 2011, 07:32 AM
Unregistered

m studing in 12th and have taken maths and it so how cn i join merchant navy
4th August 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

fee structure
5th August 2011, 11:48 AM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: After completing B.Com and 12th commerce can I do Merchant Navy? Institutions offer the course and their fee structure?

No friend,

To become a Merchant Navy you must do marine engineering course in B.E. or you can do B.sc navigation. For both of them you must have cleared your 12th std with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as your subject. I mean you must have taken science as your stream in 11th and 12th std to become a
Merchant Navy.
5th August 2011, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

my stream is commerce can i join merchant navy?
5th August 2011, 12:12 PM
saurav9889

friend for applying in merchant navy u should complete ur +2 with physics and maths,hence commerce students are unable to sit for merchant navy exam. some instt. include ts chanakya and ts rajendra.
5th August 2011, 01:34 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Hi friend,

To become a merchant you must have done an engineering course called B.E Marine Engineering or an arts and science course called B.sc Navigation.
But for Both of them you must have cleared 12th std with 60% in Maths, Physics, Chemistry.

Otherwise after 12th std you can join as deck cadets. But for that also you must have chosen science as your stream in 12th std.

As you are a commerce graduate you can't become a merchant navy.
5th August 2011, 02:16 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

You are eligible for that if your age is under 19.5years and if you can secure minimum 55%of marks in 10+2 standard...
5th August 2011, 02:18 PM
pintu7800

sir i have 2 year experience in power plant as a electrical & instrumentation .sir i want to do a mba from good college ,plz tel me which college is good for me .or i m thinking that i will go for power management.but i want to do HR ,because in future i will get recruitment department ..please tel me which branch & college is good for me and why ????
thanku
5th August 2011, 02:25 PM
pintu7800

sir i have 2 year experience in power plant as a electrical & instrumentation .sir i want to do a mba from good college ,plz tel me which college is good for me .or i m thinking that i will go for power management.but i want to do HR ,because in future i will get recruitment department ..please tel me which branch & college is good for me and why ????
thanku
5th August 2011, 04:08 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
after complete 12th science then you eligible for apply merchant navy.

Merchant navy is the non-combantant commercial field,which deals transporting cargos,passenger on the SEA.The merchant navy fleet is the composed of passengers,tankers carriers and other special type of vehicles.

The exilliant pay & Promosing facility make to navy engineer.

In Merchant navy you alert 3 parts,like- Deck,Engine,Sallon department.So there fore many career opportunity in this department.

The DECK Officer includes- Captain,chief officer,second officer,third officer & other junior officer.

The ENGINE Department includes-Chief engineer,second engineer,third engineer,fourth engineer,Electrical officers and Junior engineers.

The SERVICE Department manages-Kitchen,Laundry & other services.

Institute are:-

*T.S.Chanakya,mumbai
*Merine engineering research institute, kolkatta
*Tolani martime institute,pune
*Samudar institute of martime,mumbai
*International martime institute,Delhi
*VELS academy,chennai
5th August 2011, 04:56 PM
samir14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my stream is commerce can i join merchant navy?
Sorry friend but commerce students are not eligible for merchant navy as 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Maths is one of the eligibility criteria.
14th April 2012, 04:15 PM
neat_raw

To become a Merchant Navy you must do marine engineering course in B.E. or you can do B.sc navigation. For both of them you must have cleared your 12th std with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as your subject. I mean you must have taken science as your stream in 11th and 12th std to become a
Merchant Navy.
15th April 2012, 11:15 PM
maya_sarabhai

The minimum criteria for merchant navy is 12th pass out with science stream with minimum 50%. Since you are engg student you can directly apply for merchant navy without written exam but you have to clear interview session. For more details keep on checking employment newspaper.
All the best
16th April 2012, 12:37 AM
monisha_sarabhai

hi friend .......

Completing 10+2 and passed in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.

Age limit is not more than 20 years

the minimum 50% marks for 10 and 12th in English.

good luck.
16th May 2012, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

finished my 10 2 with 45 percent marks in science stream physics, chemistry,
and Maths. can i join Merchant Navy ?
11th January 2013, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

How can I join wwe and is there any institutions in India for the training of wrestling
20th January 2013, 07:54 AM
nikhinaya

The candidate must have secured minimum 60 % percent marks in PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY AND MATHS to be eligible for merchant navy in any institute around the country.
any way some institutes are
Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI)
Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies- Mumbai
International Maritime Institute (IMI)
Institute of Technology & Marine Engineering (ITME)
Completing 10+2 and passed in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
Age limit is not more than 20 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?