14th August 2012, 03:15 AM
Ritu wang

Am I eligible to apply for Civil Services Exam after completion of B.Sc in Forestry?

I wanna know wether i can write Indian Civil Service Exam after B.sc in forestry..

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear for civil services?
  2. Can I apply for Civil Services exam without graduation(after passing 12th)? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How can girls join Indian Navy after passing class 12th?
  4. Can I apply for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing M.Tech in Mechatronics? Which is the best optional subject for me for Civil Services Exam?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services recruitment exam for Political Science and Public Administration subjects being a B.Sc(IT) student of PTU? -- [New]
  6. Is tere any post related to biotech after UPSC? I have completed BSc Biotech
  7. Best optional subjects for IAS mains?
  8. Will there be any scope for IT Engineer in UPSC Exams?
  9. Is Diploma enough to write entrance exams to become a Custom Officer?
  10. How can I become an IPS officer? How to prepare for the same?
  11. Can I join IPS on the basis of diploma marks?
  12. What should I do after completion of B.Com course having interest to join Civil Services and Army being a girl?
  13. How to become an IAS officer? I am a student of BSc Agriculture
  14. How can I become an IAS officer? I am a student of 11th commerce
  15. Am I eligible for Civil Services after completion of Graduation in B.Sc Nursing?
  16. What should I do to prepare for Civil Services Exam along with my studies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B-Pharmacy? How to prepare for General Knowledge, Current Affairs and other topics for Civil Services Exam?
  17. How to appear for Uttar Pradesh Civil Services? What is the pattern for Civil Services Exam
  18. Can I get Government Job having completed M.Sc in Biochemistry and with 2 years of Laboratory Experience?
14th August 2012, 11:56 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Civil Services Exam after completion of B.Sc in Forestry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritu wang View Post
I wanna know wether i can write Indian Civil Service Exam after B.sc in forestry..
Hey friend,

The Indian Civil Service would include such as:

> IPS (Indian Police Service)
> IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
> IFS (Indian Foreign Service)

In order to join in these forces you need to write the Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) which is conducted every year for the respected post.

There are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to be eligible for applying and they include such as:

-> Nationality

-> Age Limit

-> Education Qualification

To tell detailed about these criteria's it is mentioned below for your reference:

~ The Candidate should be a citizen of India

~ The age limit needed for the exam must have 21-30 years for General category.

~ The candidates of SC/ST should have 21-35 years and for OBC candidates should have 21-33 years.

~ The Ex-service men they will get 5 years exception from the prescribed limits

~ The education qualification needed for writing the Indian Civil Service exam should have completed a degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

~ The candidate who is writing their final degree exam can apply for the Indian Civil Service exam

~ For the IPS exam the candidate should not have been a IAS or IFS officer before.

~ The candidate should be physically fit while appearing for the IPS exam.

If you satisfy all the above mentioned criteria for the exam then you can apply for the Indian Civil Service exam

As told that you are a B.Sc Forestry completed student you are eligible for the Civil Services as regarding the education qualification needed for the exam.

For more information regarding the exam at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
15th August 2012, 12:07 AM
yogesh8955347778

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to apply for Civil Services Exam after completion of B.Sc in Forestry?

The Indian Civil Service would include such as:

> IPS (Indian Police Service)
> IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
> IFS (Indian Foreign Service)

In order to join in these forces you need to write the Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) which is conducted every year for the respected post.

There are criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to be eligible for applying and they include such as:

1. Nationality
2. Age Limit
3. Education Qualification
To tell detailed about these criteria's it is mentioned below for your reference:
4. The Candidate should be a citizen of India
5. The age limit needed for the exam must have 21-30 years for General category
ALL THE BEST
15th August 2012, 12:13 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Civil Services Exam after completion of B.Sc in Forestry?

Hi dear...........
As you are interested for Civil service exam , the details information for Civil service exam are as follows.......

Age Limits:

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August of the year of taking the examination.

The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:

Up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a S.C. or a S.T. category.

Up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.

Up to a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.

Minimum Educational Qualifications: The candidate must hold a degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

Number of attempts: Every candidate appearing for the Civil Services Examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted four attempts at the examination.

As this is conduct through UPSC , for more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.........
15th August 2012, 11:28 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Yes you are eligible for the civil services examination which is conducted every year by The Union Public Service Commission .

This is because you fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria required for the civil services examination :

* You must have completed your graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* Your age should lie in between 21-30 years if belonging to General category.

* There is also a relaxation in upper age of 3 years for the candidates belonging to OBC category and of 5 years for SC/ST category students.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
23rd September 2012, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

what is the exam syllabus and how will be the exam pattern?
1st December 2012, 12:09 AM
DASHARD

See, to be eligible for the Civil services exam you need to satisfy the below mentioned criterion-

1.you should be an Indian.

2.you should have a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

3.you should be below the age of 30 years and at-least above 21 years of age.

4.Age relaxation available for some reserved categories.-
5 years for SC/ST candidates
3 years for OBC candidates
5 years for defence service personals
10 years for physically handicapped candidates

so if you satisfy all the criterion's above , you can definitely appear for the exam.

the pattern of the exam is given below-

good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?