15th December 2011, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GATE entrance exam after doing diploma final year?

I'm doing diploma final year
i'm eligible for gate entrance ?

16th December 2011, 04:33 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE entrance exam after doing diploma final year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, You are Not Eligible for GATE Entrance Examination After completing your Diploma Course Because to apply for GATE Examination, you have to complete your 4 Year Bachelor degree course or Master degree course in any branch of Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent, If you are Pursuing your Final year Degree course, then you are also eligible for GATE Examination, But Pre Final year candidates are Not eligible for GATE Examination.

GATE Stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and this examination is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board - GATE every year for those who are Interested to take admission in M.tech Courses.

The Notification of GATE Examination will be declared every year in the month of September every year and for this year the last date of apply for GATE Examination was already over and the examination will be held on 29/Jan/2012 and 12/Feb/2012.

But diploma candidates are not eligible to apply for GATE Examination, so you are not eligible for GATE Examination and if you need more Information then please check official website :

http://gate.iitm.ac.in
16th December 2011, 05:08 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE entrance exam after doing diploma final year?

Dear pal,
with diploma qualification you are not eligible to appear for the GATE exam. It is conducted for the bachelor degree holders in engineering. With the help of GATE score the aspirant is eligible to apply for the masters degree in engineering and technology.
Final year aspirants are also eligible to appear for the exam. There is no age limit for appearing in the exam and the aspirant can apply any number of times. Once the aspirant has cleared the exam the score is valid for a duration of two years beyond which it becomes invalid .
With the gate score the aspirant can also apply for the public sector units too. The aspirants are shortlisted based on the gate score. So if you write Gate it will help you in two ways.
16th December 2011, 05:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry to say that you are not eligible GATE exam.

If you want to go for GATE exam then you must have fulfill the below given criteria.

(a) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology or its equivalent.

(b) Bachelor’s degree holders in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Electronics/ followed by qualifications obtained through an examination conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.

(c) Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture/Design (for M Des program only)

(d) Master’s degree holders in Physics with Electronics/Instrumentation (for M Tech programs).

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here maximum time.

There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

GATE score is valid for TWO years.

NOTE:-

3rd year student are NOT eligible for This year GATE exam.

Only final year and pass out batch are eligible for 2012 GATE exam.
16th December 2011, 05:52 PM
why this kolaveri di

hello friend,
NO you are not eligible for GATE exam.
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering.
It is the entrance exam of M.tech course.
It conducts one time in a year.

Eligibility Criteria for GATE:-

**Educational qualification is BE/B.tech in any stream from any recognized university.
or
**Educational qualification is master degree graduation in any stream from any recognized university.

**No age limit

**No limit to attend the exams.

So,you are not eligible for GATE exams.
Best of luck...........
16th December 2011, 07:21 PM
bishnu_g

no for gate the minimum eligibility is graduation in engineering
best wishes
29th November 2013, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

After diploma,then complete btech,am I eligible for gate exam
7th April 2015, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

I am studying BE from jadavpur university in evening batch which is a 5 year cource.Am i eligible for GATE?
7th April 2015, 08:43 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry, You are not applicable for GATE after doing diploma.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

It is an all India level M.Tech entrance exam and considered to be the toughest exams to crack. This test will test only engineering skills and not the aptitude skills. This exam is conducted in online mode only during the month of February , every year.

The main eligibility criteria for GATE is that , you must hold graduation in engineering from recognized Indian institution in any stream.

So, You can apply for GATE exam after completing graduation or while pursuing final year in graduation.

For more information:- http://gate.iitm.ac.in
7th April 2015, 09:38 PM
sachin200792

GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an all India examination jointly conducted by IITs and IISc. Bangalore. GATE score is used for admissions in various post graduate programs in Indian higher education institutes with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other government agencies.

Being a diploma student you are not eligible to appear in the GATE exam. The following are eligible to appear for GATE:

1. B.E., B.Tech., B.Arch. holders or the student in their final years.
2. Masters degree holder in any branch of science and engineering or in the final year of such program.
3. Candidates in fourth or fifth year of five year Integrated programs.
4. Candidates in the second or higher year of 4 year integrated master's degree programs in engineering and technology.
7th April 2015, 11:41 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

I am sorry to say you that you are not eligible for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE) because of academic qualification.

Minimum academic qualification required to appear in GATE exam:

--> 4 years B.Tech course.

--> Final year B.Tech student.

--> M.Sc pass candidate or final year M.Sc candidate.

--> 4 years integrated course after graduation.

But diploma pass candidates cannot apply for GATE.You have to complete B.Tech after diploma to become eligible for for GATE.

GATE exam is MCQ type and four answers against each questions.Candidate have to choose the most suitable answer.For each wrong answers marks will be deducted.

Based on GATE score and AIR candidate can get admission in various institute for M.Tech course like IITs or NITs.
8th April 2015, 01:56 AM
shekhartyagi50

Quote:
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude and Technical exam so graduation is most important for this no diploma holder can apply for this.For more information you can visit gate official site.
8th April 2015, 01:31 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

I am sorry to inform you that the prestigious exam GATE does not allow the diploma holders to appear for the same. The Graduate Aptitude test for Engineering is exclusively for the engineering graduates.

But you do not have to feel disheartened. You can complete your engineering and if you do so, then it would be beneficial for you because diploma+ b.tech is a deadly combination and companies- private as well government prefer such candidates.
5th February 2016, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for GATE entrance exam after doing diploma final year?
6th August 2016, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma and now i am pursuing B.tech final year so am i eligible for gate exam ? And what should i do to be eligible for gate exam after this?
7th August 2016, 09:38 AM
nayand1234

I am sorry to say but you are unfortunately not eligible to give the GATE entrance exam directly after your last year of diploma.
The minimum qualification that one must have to be eligible to give the GATE exam is that he/she must have completed graduation in engineering and specifically in that particular stream in which he/she wants to pursue the M.Tech degree.
You will have to try and get admission in an engineering college at first directly into 2nd year after your diploma, complete that course and after that apply for GATE.
31st August 2017, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

I am doing part time B.Tech after completing my diploma. The duration of my B.Tech is 3.5 years. as i am eligible for GATE after completing my B.Tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?