13th June 2012, 08:30 PM
Monisha Menta

Can a B.Tech IT student appear for IES exam? What is the syllabus for it?

Can a B.Tech I.T student appear for ies exam?
If a B.Tech I.T student can appear for ies exam, then what is the syllabus for it?

14th June 2012, 11:30 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Tech IT student appear for IES exam? What is the syllabus for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monisha Menta View Post
Can a B.Tech I.T student appear for ies exam?
If a B.Tech I.T student can appear for ies exam, then what is the syllabus for it?
IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year .

Candidate should have a completed engineering degree and the Engineering degree in :-
  • Civil engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Electronics and Telecommunication engineering

OR equivalent qualification and Those who have passed M.Sc degree with Special Subjects .

Eligibility Criteria for IES :-

~~You should have a completed Engineering degree from a recognized University.

~~You should have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years and Relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC and other reserved categories .

~~3 years for OBC , 5 years for SC/ST .

~~Final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for IES exam .

~~Last date for receipt of application on 09/04/12 and Date of examination :- 15/06/12 .

Those who are applied for Engineering Service examination and the candidate have to download the admit card from official website of Union Public Service Commission .

Selection Process :- Written Exam and Personal Interview .

Syllabus of IES :- General ability , Conventional Papers and Objective papers .

Pattern :-

More details , Visit the official website :- Click here !!!
14th June 2012, 12:38 PM
kinnarnara

Default Re: Can a B.Tech IT student appear for IES exam? What is the syllabus for it?

hi,
IES exam stands for indian engineering service which is conducted by upsc once in a year.

IES EXAM ELIGIBLITY;
*a engineering degree from a recognized university.
*age limit is 21 to 30 years.
*you must be indian citizen.
IES EXAM PATTERN;

For mhttp://upsc.gov.inore,
14th June 2012, 12:58 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech. I.T. student is eligible to apply for IES as they are Graduate in Engineering.

IES - INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE conducted by UPSC once every year for recruitment in the top Technical post under various Dept. under Central Govt.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation in Engineering in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

Regarding syllabus the aspiring candidate should have to give written exam in either of the streams from Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics & Telecommunication.

So if you are interested for IES being a student from B.Tech. I.T. you have to prepare your written exam any one of the stream mentioned above.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th August 2012, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

sir i am from b.tech it so prepare from any other is so much difficult for me?
3rd December 2012, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

how a B.Tech IT student can prepare for IES examination as it doesn't includein it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?