25th February 2011, 02:22 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAF if I pass out engineering at the age of 24? Will I face any problems while getting recruited to due to detainment?

I'm a guy who's dreaming about becoming a fighter pilot ever since my childhood, as long since I can remember. This has always been my only ambition as far as I've known, and because of lack of proper access to the sources who could help me on how to apply, I was not able to pursue my dreams after I completed my schooling. Speaking about the details of my age and academic years of my graduation, I was born in 1989, and I have been doing my B.E since August of 2009. I completed 10+2 with Mathematics and Physics, and I secured a total of 60%. My 22 years of age will be complete by 2011. Moreover, after I finished my first year successfully without any arrears, I got detained from college for lack of attendance in the 3rd semester. I will complete my B.E degree by 2014. My questions are:
1) As I've seen the age limit for graduates to enroll as IAF pilots is 23 years, is there any chance for me to apply?
2) As I got detained from writing my semester exams, will it conflict the existing conditions mentioned by the recruitment board?
3) Is there any way I can pursue my dreams in the future?

Please guide me through, I have never been possessed by an ambition like this in my life. Thanks a lot for reading.

13th May 2011, 06:00 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IAF if I pass out engineering at the age of 24? Will I face any problems while getting recruited to due to detainment?

Sorry friend but, you have lost your chance of becoming a pilot in Indian Airforce.

Following is the eligibility criteria for becoming a pilot after graduation in Indian Airforce.

1. Age- 19 to 23 years

2. Educational qualification- Graduate ( Three Year Course ) in any discipline from a recognised university (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) / BE / B Tech( Four Year Course) .
Final Year students can also apply, provided thay donot have any backlogs.

3. Marital Status- Single

4. Nationality- indian

5. Gender- For men only

ffor more details you can visit www.careerairforce.nic.in
27th June 2011, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for IAF if I pass out engineering at the age of 24? Will I face any problems while getting recruited to due to detainment?

sir i m doing mechanical engineering .after this courses what i have to do for my good carrer??
14th September 2013, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

What is the Criteria for IT engineer(women) for admitte in air force?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?