22nd January 2012, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

Can I give NDA 2012 Exam being a candidate with an age of 19 years and birth year is 1993?

I am 19 year old. My birth of year is 1993. So I can give this nda 2012 exam? Because in online form there mention the age of year is 1994 to1996. but eligibility is 16 -1/2 to 19 years

22nd January 2012, 11:31 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give NDA 2012 Exam being a candidate with an age of 19 years and birth year is 1993?

Whatever is mentioned in the online form that is exactly true. Only candidates who are born between 1994 to 1996 are eligible to appear for NDA I Exam and NDA II Exam of this academic year.

This mean, one should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for NDA Exam.

There is no relaxation in age for the candidates of any category in order to be eligible for this exam.

As you have taken your birth in the year of 1993, you have completed 19 years by the very beginning of this year.

Due to this you will not possess the required eligibility criteria for NDA Exam.

Another way that you can join in Defence services is by cracking CDS Exam which is also going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

In order to be eligible for this Exam, you should have completed Graduation or you should be in the final year of your Graduation course.

If you have profound interest to join Defence services, then complete Graduation and crack that Exam.

Otherwise, you can join the course which you are interested and try for job opportunities on the basis of that.

For detailed information on NDA and CDS Exams, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
22nd January 2012, 11:32 AM
shakti952

Smile Re: Can I give NDA 2012 Exam being a candidate with an age of 19 years and birth year is 1993?

Dear,
your age must be b/w 2 jan 1994 to 1996...if you are b/w this age limit ,then only you can apply...
22nd January 2012, 12:24 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give NDA 2012 Exam being a candidate with an age of 19 years and birth year is 1993?

Probably you will not be eligible for NDA 2012 as you are completing 19 years at the time of exam.

NDA- NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to three wings of NDA i.e. Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA.

The eligible candidate within the age of 16.5 to 19 years of age with educational qualification as 12th pass and the candidate must be an unmarried Indian male is eligible to apply NDA.

As per NDA exam notification the candidate should be born between 1994 and 1996 are eligible for 2012 NDA exam. So according to this you have borne in 1993 and will cross 19 years at the time of NDA-I so not eligible but don't worry you can join Defence service through CDS(Combined Defence Service) exam after graduation.

For more information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
22nd January 2012, 12:52 PM
chetan pratap singh

hi

you r not elligible for NDA because at present you of 19 but they demand at the time of joining u must be under 16.5-19years
22nd January 2012, 01:18 PM
Sharma sujeet

Whatever is mentioned in the online form that is exactly true. Only candidates who are born between 1994 to 1996 are eligible to appear for NDA I Exam and NDA II Exam of thisacademic year.
This mean, one should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for NDA Exam.
There is no relaxation in age for the candidates of any category in order to be eligible for this exam.
As you have taken your birth in the year of 1993, you have completed 19 years by the very beginning of this year.
Due to this you will not possess the required eligibility criteria for NDA Exam.
Another way that you can join in Defence services is by cracking CDS Exam which is also going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).
In order to be eligible for this Exam, you should have completed Graduation or you should be in the final year of your Graduation course.
If you have profound interest to join Defence services, then complete Graduation and crack that Exam.
Otherwise, you can join the course which you are interested and try for job opportunities on the basis of that
22nd January 2012, 01:38 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice in every year to recruit students for Indian Defense.

Age Eligibility for NDA exam:-

1.Candidate must have attained 16.5 years of age and must not have complete 18 years of age..

As you have already reached 19 years then you are not eligible for NDA exam.
If you still want to join in Indian defense then you can go for CDS exam..
After completion of graduation you can apply for CDS exam..
All the best.
22nd January 2012, 04:52 PM
prashant more

Cool Re: Can I give NDA 2012 Exam being a candidate with an age of 19 years and birth year is 1993?

Whatever is mentioned in the online form that is exactly true. Only candidates who are born between 1994 to 1996 are eligible to appear for NDA I Exam and NDA II Exam of this academic year.

Otherwise, you can join the course which you are interested and try for job opportunities on the basis of that.

For detailed information on NDA and CDS Exams, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
22nd January 2012, 05:15 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible.

It is already mentioned in the form that those who have born after 1994 and before 1996 can only apply, and you have born on 1993, so you can not apply.

And it is also true that the age criteria is between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

So there must be some mistakes by you.

May be, you are not eligible because, you are older than the required age criteria, by just few months.

They does not consider even 1 month younger or older...so very careful and calculate your age according to this, and you will find your mistake.

Best wishes....
22nd January 2012, 05:42 PM
rajesh9503
Member+

The national defence acadamy exam(NDA) held by upsc twice in year.
There should be criteria of age as mention in online forms
1.the age mention is true 16.5 to 19 year your birth date shall be after july 1993 then i think you are able to give NDA1 exam.
22nd January 2012, 08:01 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to say, you are not eligible for this exam.

UPSC conduct the NDA exam two time in year to take admission for three wings of nda Airforce,Army,Navy & Navel Academy. Only unmarried male candidate who born between 2nd January, 1994 & 1st July, 1996 are eligible.

But don't worry,you can go through CDS in Defence Service. CDS is a also good way to join defence service.CDS means Combind Defence Service.

UPSC conduct the CDS exam for Airforce,Indian militry & Navel Acdemy, Officers training Academy.

Eligibility criteria is defferent for all wings.

Unmarried candidate who born between 1989 to 1994 and must have degree from recognise university for IMA.

For Indian navel academy, unmarried candidate who born between 1991 to 1994 are eligible.candidate must have enginnering degree or bachelor degree with physics and chemistry.

For Airforce academy,unmarried candidate who born between 1990 to 1994 can apply for this.candidate must have bachelor degree in enginnering.

Both married and unmarried candidate who born between 1988 to 1994 can apply and candidate should have graduate degree from recognise university for OTA.

For complete detail-www.upsc.gov.in
22nd January 2012, 10:03 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

NDA is an exam which can be expanded as National Defense Academy exam. This exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission of India commonly called as UPSC. This exam is being conducted twice a year for choosing best people for joining in Indian Army, Navy or Air Force. For appearing in this exam you must have finished your 12th std from a recognized school. If you want to join in Air force or Navy you must have selected science as your stream in
11th std and 12th std. Your age must be above 16.5 years and below 19 years. As your age is 19years now you are eligible for appearing in NDA exam.
26th March 2012, 08:15 AM
gurmit.pgi

Sorry to say but you are not eligible for the NDA exam. As the upper age limit is 19 years.
So being a older than 19 years, you are not allowed to take that exam .
Only candidates who are born between 1994 to 1996 are eligible to appear for NDA I Exam and NDA II Exam of this academic year of 2012. Also there is no relaxation for age for any category .
1st April 2012, 01:34 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Hi there,

For detailed information on NDA and CDS Exams, you can visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

Hope for your good future scope......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?