4th January 2014, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army after discontinuing B.Tech

sir i completed my intemediate in 2009 and i had discontinued my btech due to some problrms can i get into indian army now my age is 22 and i had 82% in intermediate.

29th July 2014, 07:45 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army after discontinuing B.Tech

You could have gone for the NDA entry with you class 12 degree but you have crossed the age limit. During the time of admission, he should be 17 1/2 years and must not be over 19 years of age. The results for NDA I and NDA II usually gets declared between July to October. In case of NDA I exam, it comes out in July-August while NDA II Exam, results are declared between October-November. The SSB interviews will start in the mid-week of January.
Your age fits for the CDS entry but your academic eligibility does not match up. You need to be a graduate to apply for the CDS entry. The age limit of the candidate must be between 19 to 22 years incase of Indian Navy, between 19 to 23 years for Indian Air Force and between 19 to 25 years for Indian Army.
23rd April 2016, 10:47 PM
sah.alok932

No it is not possible by any means for you to join Indian Army.
In order to join Indian Army,minimum qualification required is Intermediate of Degree/Graduation.
Through Intermediate one can go for National Defence Academy and
Through Graduation for Combined Defence Service Examination
Age limit CDSE,IMA(Indian Military Academy)-18 to 24 years(At the time of commencement of course),OTA(Officer Training Academy)-19 to 25 years(same as IMA)

Without completing B.tech it is not possible to apply for Indian Army,it is necessary to complete Graduation to apply for Indian Army.
1st July 2020, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Hello, my age is 19 and I'm studying b.com first year and I'm trying to dicountinue. Am I eligible for IMA
24th March 2022, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian army after discontinuing my degree
And I had completed my intermediate in 2019
And my date of year is 2001 can I join Indian army now
30th June 2023, 10:57 PM
nikhilprecision1
Banned

Yes, it is possible to join the Indian Army even if you have discontinued your B.Tech course. There are entry schemes and positions available for candidates with different educational backgrounds. Here are some options to consider:

Non-Technical Entries: The Indian Army offers non-technical entries for candidates who have discontinued their B.Tech course or have a non-technical educational background. These entries include positions like Soldier General Duty, Soldier Clerk/Store Keeper Technical, and Soldier Tradesman. You can apply for these positions based on the specific eligibility criteria mentioned in the official recruitment notifications.

Soldier Technical: The Indian Army also has a technical entry called Soldier Technical, which requires a technical educational background. However, the specific educational requirements may vary depending on the recruitment cycle and the branch. You can check the official recruitment notifications for Soldier Technical to see if your educational qualifications align with the requirements.

Short Service Commission (SSC): The Indian Army conducts special recruitment drives for various positions through the Short Service Commission. Depending on the specific recruitment drive, there may be opportunities for candidates with discontinued B.Tech or non-technical backgrounds. You will need to check the official notifications for the eligibility details and application process.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?