2nd May 2011, 10:13 PM
NAVYALOM

Can a Navy student appear for Civil Services Exam?

Sir i am serving in navy and i want to appear in civil service exam can i appear it..please i want some suggestion from you

Related Questions:
  1. Courses to study in Graduation for pursuing Civil Services exam? Job opportunities after failing to achieve in Civil Services? -- [New]
  2. Can I join civil services after graduation? Scope for girl candidate in civil services?
  3. Procedure to become IAS officer after BCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How can I get information regarding exam eligibility for civil services?
  5. Is is a good option to take Civil engineering as optional subject in Civil services exam? Is it easy to score at?
  6. How can I become a airport custom officer? I have completed B.Com
  7. What should I do to join Civil Services being a candidate of pursuing CA Final and having completed B.Com? Jobs available under Civil Services?
  8. How can I appear in UPSC exams if completed B.Sc(Mathematics) being a 22 years old OBC candidate? Age limit to appear?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for government job while doing 3rd semester B.Tech Mechanical?
  10. What is the age limit to become a custom officer?
  11. Can I apply for Civil Services exam without graduation(after passing 12th)?
  12. How to become an Air Port custom officer after completing B.Com?
  13. Which course will suit me to become a custom officer? I have completed B.Com
  14. Requirements to become a Custom Officer? I am a B.Com graduate and aged 24 years
  15. How to appear for Uttar Pradesh Civil Services? What is the pattern for Civil Services Exam
  16. Eligibility for Civil services exam? Am I eligible for Civil services exam having 2 years of education gap?
  17. IPS after taking Arts in 11th standard?
  18. How to start the preparation for civil services exam? I am a 1st year Economics(honors) student
3rd May 2011, 11:32 AM
united india

Default Re: Can a Navy student appear for Civil Services Exam?

the eligibility criteria for civil service exam graduate in any discipline so as even you can apply for it.
20th August 2011, 12:11 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVYALOM View Post
Sir i am serving in navy and i want to appear in civil service exam can i appear it..please i want some suggestion from you
Yes, Definitely !!!

Navy candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination Only If you they have completed his Graduation Course.

>> Because Graduation is the Minimum Eligiblity to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, So If you are Interested in UPSC Civil services examination then please complete your Graduation and If you have already completed your graduation then you are eligible for This examination.

So, If you are Navy candidate and interested in Civil services examination then please dont worry Just apply for this examination.

To apply for this examination your age should between 21 to 30 years and the Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST, OBC Candidates.

The Notification of this examination was Updated in the employment newspaper OR in the UPSC official website in the month of February every year, For Next year Notification was Published in the month of February and eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online OR obtained the application form directly form the Designated Post offices In India.

>> The Examination was divided into two parts - preliminary and Mains.

Preliminary examination are Objective and Main examination was Subjective and Those who cracked the Preliminary examination are eligible for Main examination, Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination and If you need More Information please check the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
20th August 2011, 12:48 AM
NEIL6

Dear friend

The minimum qualification required to apply for UPSC exam is graduation. So,if you have

completed your graduation then you are eligible for this exam or otherwise you should

have to complete your graduation to take part in the exam of UPSC.

With best wishes!
20th August 2011, 10:05 AM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Civil service exam is conducted by UPSC every year in july or june month for the IAS, IPS and IFS.

Candidates can apply for this exam if they have a graduate certificate or they are a appearing students of last year graduation exam.

Their age should be between 21 to 30 and this is compulsory.

So, if you joined the navy after your graduation and still your age is between 21 -30 then you can apply.

Exam stratgy:-
This exam will conduct in 3 stages
1. CSAT -A aptitude test
2. Main
3.Interview.
14th November 2011, 11:41 AM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello friend

The minimum qualification required to apply for UPSC exam is graduation. So,if you have

completed your graduation then you are eligible for this exam or otherwise you should

you must have completed your graduation so u are eligible.
14th November 2011, 12:38 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello friend

you must have completed your graduation so u are eligible.
22nd March 2013, 11:27 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVYALOM View Post
To be eligible for the exam you need to have,,

*Passed your graduation from recognized university..

*age limit 21-30 yrs..

You can apply for the exam at www.upsconline.nic.in

For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?