4th June 2017, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Are chemistry and physics good for joining IAF?

I'm sheron darshita from nilgiris. My aim is to be an Indian Air force Officer. Is botany, zoology, chemistry and physics is OK for IAF or not?

5th June 2017, 12:36 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are chemistry and physics good for joining IAF?

To be eligible to join Indian Air Force, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. To be eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Air Force, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a Government recognised board. You should be in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years, unmarried male candidate and should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Air Force.
5th June 2017, 10:27 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Basically, if you wish to be part of Indian Air Force or Indian Navy, then you must Physics and Mathematics as your primary subjects in 10+2.

As you haven't opted for Mathematics so you can't join Indian Air Force.

Entry to Air Force is done through AFCAT Exam and CDS Exam.

Female candidates are not allowed to appear for NDA Exam.
5th June 2017, 06:32 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

For joining Indian Air Force after 12 through NDA then you have to take physics, chemistry and maths in 12th class.

The exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?