18th September 2011, 11:03 PM
priyank chauhan

How can i apply for merchant navy after completing B.Tech in ECE?

how can i apply in merchant navy after completing my btech in ECE

19th September 2011, 09:00 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can i apply for merchant navy after completing B.Tech in ECE?

Minimum qualification for Merchant navy should be 10+2 Class or Equivalent with Chemistry , Maths and Physics as Subjects.

Selection is based on JEE Examination conducted by IIT a merit list is prepared after the written test and interview are completed and the Director General of Shipping has the authority to chose which of the 2 training programmes the candidate is best suited for (students can let their preference be known) Both the T.S. Chanakya and MERI institutions do help (under no Government obligations) in recruiting their graduates in suitable Indian Shipping Companies.

Physical Requirements

Candidates who apply for Merchant Navy should be physically and mentally fit. The Navigators are required to have a perfect eyesight, though marine engineers can wear spectacles for eyesight up to plus/ minus 2.5.

Colour blind people need not apply. The candidate must be immune to sea sickness.& Candidate must have height not less than 150cm, weight should be according to the height.

Age limits :-

As far as Age is concerned should is less than 24 half years at the commencement of the course.

19th September 2011, 10:57 AM
saugata2008

Yes, you can join Merchant Navy .
Minimum requirements -
1.12th with PCM.
2.12th with minimum 60% marks .
3.Age limit= 19 to 23 years .

So you have to fulfill all the above if you want to join Merchant Navy .As you are a graduation student so the first criteria is fulfilled ,give attention to the last two .

Thank you

19th September 2011, 02:13 PM
anwarrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyank chauhan View Post
how can i apply in merchant navy after completing my btech in ECE
u have to apply throw ssb(service selection board)
it wil direct recruitment no written test if u selected on interview then cal from ssb

19th September 2011, 06:42 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Marine Engineers are recruited by Merchant Navy in engine department. There is no particular job available for a Electronic and Communication Engineering (ECE) engineering graduate in the field. To be eligible as a engineer in commercial ships, the candidate must have a engineering degree in Marine Engineering i.e B-Tech in Marine Engineering.

Otherwise your educational qualification would be considered as any other science graduate student, on the basis of which you can do Deck Cadet course leading to BSc in Nautical Science.

Its entrance test is conducted by Indra Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) with collaboration with Indian Maritime University (IMU). To be eligible for the exam, the candidate must have bachelor degree in Scince Stream/BE/B-Tech degree.

http://ignou.ac.in

http://imu.tn.nic.in/

19th September 2011, 06:42 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Dear friend,
If you have completed your B.tech in ECE then you are completely eligible for different defense jobs provided you fulfill the terms and conditions of the specific exam.

For more details go to www.upsc.gov.in

11th January 2012, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

hi im turning 24 years this year..i have completed my be(biotechnology) and im working for it company-unmarried.is there any oppurtunity to join navy?

8th February 2012, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

How can we aaply navy after b.tech in EC branch

4th April 2012, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

i m also study in btech(ece) in 3rd year,can i get a job in merchant navy plz reply

23rd May 2012, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

I want training to merchant navy after b.tech steam ece

1st April 2015, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir i want to know the best course after completing b tech in ece to get the good job

10th April 2015, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of 1st year BE branch EC I am interested for working in merchant navy can a student from EC branch can join merchant navy or I will have to leave EC and join another college and do marine engineering

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?