22nd August 2013, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an IAS officer? I am a graduate of BSc IT

I was graduate b.sc(it) and i want to become ias officer it is my dream job i want to ias coaching

1st May 2014, 03:26 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer? I am a graduate of BSc IT

UPSC comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. For eligibility part, aspirant’s age limit should be between 19 to 40 years. Relaxation is also given for SC/ST candidates of 2 years as per the government norms. Also candidate should be Indian and must possess a graduation degree.
4th May 2014, 08:01 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer? I am a graduate of BSc IT

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is one of the popular civil service in India.

Many of the candidates are having the desire to make entry into IAS. But one should required strong efforts and good preparation towards the selection procedure to be an IAS officer.

The selection procedure involves
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

CSAT Exam is there for the candidates not only to be placed in IAS but it is a common written exam for the candidates to be placed in all the civil services like IPS, IFS etc.

Here is the required eligibility criteria for the candidates to give this Exam.

Academic Qualification :
One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
No percentage of marks are required for the candidates to apply for this Exam. Successful completion of Graduation is more than enough.

Age criteria :
For General category : 21-30 years.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

As per Coaching,

Yes. Strong coaching should be very much required for the candidates to be placed in IAS. Because the exam involves toughness and competition is also huge for this Exam.

Choose the best institute that is offering coaching for civil services. Get admission in that institute and make most out of coaching.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?