18th January 2012, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

How to join Merchant Navy after completing 10th with 70%? I am 16 years old

How can I join merchant navy after completing 10th class with 70%? and i am 16 years old.

21st January 2012, 07:20 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy after completing 10th with 70%? I am 16 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How can I join merchant navy after completing 10th class with 70%? and i am 16 years old.
It will not be a good move to join Merchant Navy just after qualifying your secondary examination. To have a good and successful career in Merchant Navy, you must, first of all, complete your +2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths and than follow it by a Bachelors degree program, either in Marine Engineering or Nautical Science. Engineering and the Navigation departments has the most number of opportunities in Merchant Navy and qualified candidates, even gets opportunity to work on Foreign Merchant Ships, which has a better pay scale, compared to Indian Merchant Navy.
So, you should concentrate on your studies right now and follow your higher studies in the science stream.
For more information regarding Merchant Navy, refer to the official website of NamacIndia.
24th January 2012, 09:08 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Merchant Navy after completing 10th with 70%? I am 16 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

You can applicable in Merchant Navy exam after your 12th standard.

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy course
  1. Unmarried male and female candidate are eligible .
  2. Candidates passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics are eligible for Merchant Navy course.
  3. Age requirement is not more than 20 years.
  4. SC/ST Students 25 years is maximum age , these categories are given relaxation of five years.

Post in Merchant Navy for which you can apply

1. Deck Cadets Post
  2. Navigating Officers Post

Physical Eligibility For joining Merchant navy as Deck Cadet are as follows: -

A candidate should be physically and mentally fit.

1. Eye Sight = 6/6,

2. Height = 167 cms,

3. Weight = 50 Kg

4. Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)

The exam DATE of Merchant Navy exam is not announced yet.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?