4th August 2012, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

How should I become a Customs officer?

How to become customes officer?...please give me tips for the same

6th August 2012, 09:47 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I become a Customs officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to become customes officer?...please give me tips for the same
In order to become an Officer in the customs department of Government of India, all you need is to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline awarded by a recognized university and be within the age limit of 18-27 years.

After fulfilling the above criteria, you will be able to write Combined Graduate Level Examination, which is a mandatory entrance exam for candidates wishing to join the Customs Department as an officer.This examination is conducted by Staff Selection Commission.

The Combined Graduate Level Examination consists of two phases of written examination and personality test.For notification of the upcoming examination, refer to the official website of Staff Selection Commission.
30th November 2012, 09:56 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How should I become a Customs officer?

CGL i.e Combine Graduate Level Examination

Introduction: Department of Import and export for goods checking will be recruited by CGL exam of SSC i.e Short Service commission under Central Excise.

Age limits: Your age must be in between 18 to 27 years. Relaxation has been provided to SC/ST i.e 5 years. For OBC it's 3 years and for PD it's 10 years.

Educational qualification: You must have passed or appeared for final exam or it's equivalent in any discipline with 55% for Open category. and it has again relaxed for SC/ST/PD.

Paper Pattern and it's syllabus: Click on attachment to find out the pattern and syllabus.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Combined_Graduate_Level.pdf(107.8 KB, 188 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?