21st April 2018, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

One subject failed candidate is eligible to write NEET in this year or not?

One candidate who was backed in Physics last year, next year he pass this subject and have his PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) total of 60%. My question is this candidate eligible to appear for NEET - 2018?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for NEET, being in second year B.Sc?
  2. Am I eligible to sit for NEET, if failed in maths of 12th class? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I appear for NEET, studied HS in 2011 with PCB stream?
  4. Am I eligible to give NEET exam if I have failed in Physics subject?
  5. CBSE private candidates are eligible for NEET and AIIMS 2018 or not?
  6. Am I eligible to write NEET exam next year at the age of 22 years as a General category candidate?
  7. NEET eligibility if failed in mathematics
  8. Am I eligible to appear for NEET exam this year after 2 attempts in AIPMT and 1 in NEET?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for NEET exam after securing 65 percentage in PCB and failed in additional subject Maths?
  10. Is there any chance to reappear in all 5 subjects either through registration and attending school again for a year or through improvement exam or as a private candidate if failed in 1st compartment attempt?
  11. Will I get admission after cracking medical entrance exam, if failed in Hindi subject in board exam?
  12. Year 2000 born candidate can appear in NEET 2017 or not?
  13. Failed 11th exam and reappearing for 12th board exam this year. Am I eligible for NEET?
  14. Am I eligible for NEET exam if I have a compartment in 12th Economics subject?
  15. Can I appear in EAMCET this year if got supplementary in Inter 1st year?
  16. What are the eligibility criteria to apply for NEET and AIIMS 2018?
  17. Am I eligible to get admission in Diploma after clearing class 10th (ICSE) but failed in Maths subject? Do I need to write any entrance for admission in Diploma?
  18. How to reappear for exam next year if failed in one subject?
4th May 2018, 10:03 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: One subject failed candidate is eligible to write NEET in this year or not?

The full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria for the exam:

1. You must have passed in all subjects of board examination of 12th. Your subjects in 12th must include Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

2. You should have minimum of 50% marks in board examination.

When you have cleared the subject and secured 60% then you are eligible for next year NEET exam.
5th May 2018, 08:05 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: One subject failed candidate is eligible to write NEET in this year or not?

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. It is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for admission of candidates in MBBS and BDS courses. This is now single all India level exam for admission in medical college of India.

The eligibility criteria for NEET exam is that candidate must have done 10+2 or appearing for board exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects. For 10+2 passed candidate, minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required.

As you have failed Physics subject which you taken in 12th, you can not apply for NEET exam. Your overall board status is fail. In Physics, you need to score at least passing percentage of marks in this subject. You can appear for compartment exam and clear it to become eligible for NEET exam.
6th May 2018, 08:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is a national level medical entrance examination held for offering admission in undergraduate medical degree course across any medical college of India except AIIMS and JIPMER.

The minimum education required for appearing in NEET is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks ( or 40% marks in case of reserved category candidates ) in PCB group subjects from a recognized board of education.

Further student clearing their Class 12th through open or private schooling are not eligible for appearing in NEET.

So, as you have mentioned that the candidate cleared his/her physics paper next year which means he/she has cleared his/her paper as a private candidate through compartmental examination and therefore the candidate is not eligible for appearing in NEET 2018.

For more FAQs related to NEET eligibility you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
7th May 2018, 09:06 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the candidate who has failed in Physics subject last year and qualified later is eligible to apply for NEET examination. Candidates who have passed 12th standard with PCB stream and English subject with minimum aggregate of 50% aggregate marks from a Government recognised board are eligible to apply for NEET examination. Since, you have passed your 12th standard with 60% aggregate marks, you are eligible to appear in NEET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?