5th June 2018, 01:58 AM
Aleena Fathima S

Is there any entrance exam for BSc(Optometry) admission?

Hello everyone, I have given NEET. But I want to study BSc in Optometry. So, I would like to know that is there any entrance exam for admission in this BSc course? Please help me to know about this asap. Waiting for your response!

Related Questions:
6th June 2018, 04:16 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam for BSc(Optometry) admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleena Fathima S View Post
Hello everyone, I have given NEET. But I want to study BSc in Optometry. So, I would like to know that is there any entrance exam for admission in this BSc course? Please help me to know about this asap. Waiting for your response!
To pursue B.SC Optometry course, the basic qualification required is a pass certificate in 10+2 or equivalent examination in Science stream with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Maths from recognized educational board.

Some colleges and institutes conduct an entrance examination to provide admission to the B.SC Optometry course. Selection of the candidate is based on the final merit list that is total marks aggregate in the final exam of 12th and the marks obtained in the entrance examination taken together.

Major Entrance Examinations:

- AIIMS

- DU ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (Delhi Unievrsity)

- JNU ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (Jawahar Lal Nehru University)

- CMC ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (Christian Medical College, Vellore)
6th June 2018, 05:44 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam for BSc(Optometry) admission?

B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) is a graduation level degree. The duration of the course is 3 years.

The basic eligibility required for studying this course is a 10+2 in science stream with 60% from any recognized board.
There is 5% relaxation given for reserved candidates in few colleges.

There are many universities which offer this course. Few universities conduct entrance exams. Some of the top and main entrance exams conducted by different states and universities are listed below:

- AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) entrance test
- JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University) Combined entrance examination
- DU (Delhi University) biotechnology entrance examination
- CMC (Christian Medical College) entrance examination
- NEET UG

Since you have attended NEET exam, there are few other exams which you can attend for getting admission in B.Sc in Optometry
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?