25th January 2017, 08:09 PM
Prithviraj Gaikwad

What is the minimum percentage required in class 10th to get admission in IIT Colleges? What is the procedure to get admission in IIT Colleges?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th from Hyderabad and after completing class 10th I want to pursue further education from IIT so I want to know what is the minimum percentage required in class 10th to get admission in IIT Colleges? What is the procedure to get admission in IIT Colleges? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the minimum marks required in class 10th to get admission in IIT for Engineering?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria required to get admission in IIT? What is the procedure to apply for admission?
  3. How much marks is required for a 40 percentage physically disabled candidate to get admission in IIT through JEE?
  4. Percentage required in 10th for admission to an IIT? Is it necessary to take Computer Science in 10th for admission to IITs?
  5. Do IIT colleges offer B.Sc courses? What is the minimum marks required for admission?
  6. What is the percentage required in class 12th to get admission in IIT?
  7. How can I get admission in IIT after completing class 10th? Which exam do I need to write? -- [New]
  8. JEE Main Cut off marks for OBC candidate to take admission in IIT colleges?
  9. Minimum percentage required in 12th to get admission in top IITs? List of IITs with their opening and closing ranks?
  10. Is it worth taking admission in IITs for direct 2nd year admission? Procedure to take admission?
  11. Marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical engineering
  12. Minimum percentage required in 10th and 12th class for selection in IIT?
  13. What is an easy way, to get a good college after finishing diploma or after 12th?
  14. How much percentage is required in Diploma to get admission in IIT?
  15. What is the procedure for admission after 10th class?
  16. Which college will I get for engineering after diploma with 86%?
  17. Minimum percentage required in 12th to get admission in IIT?
  18. Minimum percentage required in B.tech to M.Tech in IIT after scoring good in GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
27th January 2017, 12:29 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum percentage required in class 10th to get admission in IIT Colleges? What is the procedure to get admission in IIT Colleges?

No minimum percentage in class 10th is required to get admission in IIT colleges. To be eligible to get admission in IIT, you should have to appear in JEE Main and Advance examination after completion of your 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board. You need to score at least 75% (70% for SC/ ST) aggregate marks in your 12th standard to be eligible to get admission in IIT through JEE Advance examination.
27th January 2017, 08:05 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the minimum percentage required in class 10th to get admission in IIT Colleges? What is the procedure to get admission in IIT Colleges?

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and same are known to be the best technical colleges of India.

For taking admission in IIT, one has to qualify both stages of JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) i.e; JEE Main and JEE Advanced.

Further the minimum educational requirement for appearing in JEE is a higher secondary school degree with PCM group with at least 75% aggregate from a recognized board. Students not managing 75% but lying among the top 20 percentile candidates of their respective board of examination are also eligible.

So as you are concerned about the minimum marks in Class 10th required for admission in IITs then there is no such requirement as it is evident from above mentioned criteria.

For more details about JEE you can log on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
27th January 2017, 08:07 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No specific percentage in 10th standard is required to take admission in IIT. Admissions in IIT are offered through JEE Advanced examination. To be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination, you should have passed 12th standard with PCM stream and you should have qualified JEE Main examination and secured top 1,50,000 rank among all categories.

To get admission in IIT through JEE Advanced examination, you should have to get good score and you should have secured at least 75% (70% for SC/ST) aggregate marks in your 12th standard from a Government recognised board. According to your examination rank, you will be called for counselling and you will be allotted a seat in IIT for pursuing your higher studies.
25th May 2018, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir .Myself Pawar Shravani. I am presently in class 10. I aimed to take in admission for IIT engineering. I have a query that what is the procedure for acquiring the eligibility for IIT engineering? Please suggest me appropriate suggestion. I hope for positive response .
26th September 2018, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

I live in a small village. But am very interested for Jee mains and advance and I want to become a software engineer.
And also my father support me.
Which coaching center is best in Kota.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?