15th August 2017, 01:11 PM
Hafsa Kulsum

What subject should we study in intermediate to become an IFS officer in future?

My name is Hafsa and I am from Hyderabad so I would like to become an IFS officer so what should I study in intermediate 11th and 12th and where are the centres for studying IAF so please help me and which subject should I take in intermediate. Bi.pc or M.pc Science or maths

30th August 2017, 11:21 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What subject should we study in intermediate to become an IFS officer in future?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue 12th with Bi.PC or MPC as according to your choice.

Indian Forest Service examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Animal Husbandry etc.

The age limit is 21-30 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

If you want to join IAF then your training will be conducted in Bangalore, Karnataka.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th August 2017, 09:15 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What subject should we study in intermediate to become an IFS officer in future?

First thing I would like to let you know that IFS refers to Indian Foreign Service as well as Indian Forest Services and for joining either of two services you need to appear in Civil Services examination held by UPSC.

As far as you are concerned about the stream of academics to join these services then for Indian Foreign Service there is no requirement of a particular stream all you need to have a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university. But in case of Indian forest service you are required to have completed your graduation in anyone of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering from recognized university.

Apart from the educational qualification mentioned above you also need to have the nationality of India with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
30th August 2017, 10:20 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.F.S stands for Indian Foreign Service as well as Indian Forest Service. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

For Foreign Service there is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear in examination.

But, for the Forest Service you need to have bachelor degree in agriculture, botany, chemistry, zoology etc.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to pursue any stream either PCM or PCB in 12th. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st August 2017, 03:36 PM
sanju0770

Hello friend,

The IFS Exam is one of the most sought for exam in India and it is conducted every year by Union Public Service Commission along with IAS Exam. This exam is equally tough as of IAS Exam and the basic eligibility criteria is as follows –

1. Candidate must be a citizen of India
2. Candidate must possess a graduation degree
3. Final year candidate can also appear for the exam but they have to produce their mark sheet before interview.
4. Age Limit is 21 – 27 years
5. Category reservations are available as per the category (Gen – No, OBC – 03 years, SC/ST – 5 years)

Exam is conducted in 03 phase –

1. Pre
2. Mains
3. Interview

You have to choose IFS option during filling the form as both the forms of IAS and IFS are identical.

If you are a graduate then no intermediate subject matters and you can sit for the exam irrespective of your inter subject.

Hope it will help
31st August 2017, 06:48 PM
19Amanpreet
Member+

IFS stands for Indian Forest Services as well as Indian Foreign Services.
Both of them require UPSC Civil Services Examination to be cleared with good marks.
For Indian Forest services, there is special requirement in graduation, details of which are available on the UPSC website.
30th May 2023, 04:24 AM
Unregistered

I like to take bipc in intermidiate
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?