14th August 2012, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IES while in ECE 3rd year

i am a e.c.e (3rd year) student. can i apply for i.e.s? if yes, then how ?

20th August 2012, 11:20 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IES while in ECE 3rd year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
3rd year candidates are not eligible to apply for Indian Engineering Service Examination . Only Pass out candidates or appearing in the final year of degree course can apply for IES Examination .

IES Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in year for admission to Civil , Mech , Electrical , Electronics and Telecommunication engineering .

Eligibility Criteria :-
  • You must have a holding the engineering degree of a reputed Institution or equivalent qualification .
  • You must have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years .
  • Relaxation is applicable as per Government Norms .
  • Final year candidates are candidates are eligible to apply .
  • The engineering degree in within the above mentioned branch or you need to opt the any one of the above mentioned branch .
  • Do not worry about the aggregate marks .
IES Examination has been already completed . Mostly Next announcement will be publish in the month of Feb or March in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper / Rozgar Samachar . Candidates who are interested to crack this examination then candidates need to fill the application forms in only online mode and there is no offline facility .

>> You may apply online using the website at the time of notification :- www.upsconline.nic.in

>> Detailed Instructions for filing up online mode applications are available in the official website of UPSC Online .

>> Fees Excepting SC/ST/Female/PH candidates .

>> You need to pay a fees of Rs Hundred(100/-) .

>> You can Pay the fees in any branch of SBI OR Cash OR Internet banking .

>> If you need further details , Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
20th August 2012, 11:30 PM
coolbuddyer

Quote:
no you are not eligible for ies exams following is the eligibility criteria

Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

Age Limits :

Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on August 1st on year of conduct of examination ( upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs,OBCs and certain others )

How to Apply : UPSC applications are available for Rs. 20/- at notified post offices all over the country. Rs. 100/- (rupees one hundred only) through central Recruitment Fee Stamp only shall be attached. There is a fee exemption for SC/ST/Female/PH candidates. Please mark exam code as ENGG and not as IES. IES means Indian Economic service. Be careful in this aspect.

Last date for application : Usually in the first week of March in year of conduct of examination (offline)

Applications can be made online also. For details refer website www.upsc.gov.in

Date of examination : Commences from usually in the last weeks of June in the year of conduct of examination

(II) Age Limits:

(a) A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August, of the current year

(b) The upper age-limit of 30 years will be relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government servants of the following categories, if they are employed in a Department/Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/Posts mentioned in column 2, for which they are otherwise eligible.

(i) A candidate who holds substantively a permanent post in the particular Department/Office concerned. This relaxation will not be admissible to a probationer appointed against a permanent post in the Department/Office during the period of his probation.

(ii) A candidate who has been continuously in a temporary service on a regular basis in the particular Department/Office for at least 3 years on the 1st August, of current year.v

(I) Nationality:

A candidate must be either:

(a) a citizen of India, or

(b) a subject of Nepal, or

(c) a subject of Bhutan, or

(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to Indian before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or

(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued by the Government of India.
21st August 2012, 12:04 AM
jayks

Hello

Sorry dear now you are not eligible for IES

first of complete you graduation and then apply for IES

Eligibility For IES..
- a candidate should be engineering graduate from any
recognized university in the following stream
-Electrical Engineering
-Electronics & Communications Engineering
-Civil Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering

-or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

-M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts

All the best
21st August 2012, 09:15 AM
EALPExpert

Quote:
IES Exam Infomration :

NO, 3rd years students are not eligible for indian engineering service exam and this is conducted by the union public service commission under the civil services exams and UPSC has conducted the IES exam every year once and also this is is annoused the notification in emplyoement news.

3rd year students are not eligible, beacuese of you need to qualify the following required requirements like educational qualifications and age limit and selection procedure are given bellow.

Eligibility :

For attending the indian engineering service exam, required educational qualificiations are you must completed the engineering graduation or studying the final year of their course from recognized university.

And also required minimum age limit should be 21 years and maximum age limit should be 30 yeasrs and here upper age limit for reserved category candidates as per govt rules such as 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

NOTE :

According above mention information, you can apply final that menas next year or after completing the graduation also apply. Upto you need to tack a coaching for cracking this exam beacuse of this is a very compition exam.
21st August 2012, 11:46 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
no, you can not apply for the ies exam only after completing 3rd year of engineering.
this is because for giving the exam, the minimum qualification required is that the student must have done btech with atleast 60% marks.
the age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years.
for more details regarding the exam, you must visit
www.upsc.gov.in
23rd February 2013, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

Is final year students eligible for ies
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?