29th June 2016, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for SSC-CGL exam while completed Diploma and 2 years BCA course?

Hello,
I am Divya and I want to apply in SSC-CGL exam. I have done Diploma and 2 years BCA. So, am I eligible for applying in SSC-CGL exam or not? Kindly tell me about this immediately. Thank you!

30th June 2016, 05:35 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for SSC-CGL exam while completed Diploma and 2 years BCA course?

One should be graduate from a recognized University before applying for the Combined Graduate Level Exam. So, you should complete your graduation first then apply for this examination. Your age must be between 18 years to 27 years. To become the IT officer you must face Preliminary Test, Written Exam & Interview. & at last stage you will be going through Physical test. Below I have attached the SSC CGL Advt for your reference.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SSC CGL Advt 2016.pdf(261.4 KB, 43 views)
30th June 2016, 07:03 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for SSC-CGL exam while completed Diploma and 2 years BCA course?

SSC CGL refers to Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level and the same examination is held once every year by SSC for appointment at different posts in various government offices.

The minimum eligibility required by you for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

You must have be an Indian resident with your age lying within 18 years to 27 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the service requirement norms.

You must have either completed your graduation degree course or must be in the final year of same in any discpline from a recognized university.

So being a BCA ( Bachelor of Computer Application ) degree holder you are eligible for appearing in tbe same examination if you also satisfy the age criteria.

For details about the same, you can visit the official website of SSC i.e; www.ssconline.nic.in.
30th June 2016, 08:22 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

SSC CGL stands for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination.

Eligibility criteria for SSC CGL exam:

1. You must have done full three years or four years bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year candidates are also eligible for this exam.

2. Age limit is 18-27 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

You are not eligible for SSC CGL exam because you have not done 3 years bachelor's degree.
30th June 2016, 08:44 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible for Combined Graduate Level examination after completion of diploma and two years Bachelor of Computer Application course.

For this examination, valid graduation course of three years or bachelor's degree in engineering or technology is required to apply for SSC CGL examination. Those who are pursuing final year of graduation can also apply for SSC CGL examination.

You must do valid three years or four years graduation to become eligible for this exam.
30th June 2016, 09:22 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, right now you are not eligible to apply for Combined Graduate Level Examination which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC). The minimum educational qualification required is given below.

>> As you have completed 2 years BCA course, I suggest you to pursue the remaining year and complete the Graduation first.

>> The minimum qualification required is "Bachelor's Degree" or Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> Candidates who are pursuing their Final year are also eligible to apply for SSC CGL Examination.

>> As you have not completed Graduation, you are not eligible now. You are eligible only when you complete the Bachelor Degree.
30th June 2016, 10:14 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You will be eligible only after completing graduation and there is no restriction of particular stream. Candidate should be graduate in any of the stream. As per your information you are eligible to write CGL examination.
Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must be a holder of graduation degree from any of the recognized university.

Candidate must have at least 45% aggregate in their graduation.

Candidate age should not less than 21 years and not should not exceed 30 years.
30th June 2016, 10:24 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear you are not eligible to apply for SSC CGL Exam since you have not completed graduation properly. You just completed 2 years of BCA course. That means you need to complete one more year to complete graduation.

More over you completed diploma but to apply or SSC CGL you should have atleast graduation from the recognized university.
30th June 2016, 10:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am Divya and I want to apply in SSC-CGL exam. I have done Diploma and 2 years BCA. So, am I eligible for applying in SSC-CGL exam or not? Kindly tell me about this immediately. Thank you!
Yes, you are eligible for SSC CGL exam.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution. SSC CGL exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.
30th June 2016, 11:47 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The bachelor's degree in Computer application which you have done is of two years and hence you are not eligible for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination.

The eligibility criteria for SSC CGL exam is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. SSC mentions that candidate should have either done three years graduation degree to be eligible for SSC CGL examination.
1st July 2016, 12:45 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You are not eligible for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination after two years of Bachelor of Computer Applications.

For this examination, a candidate must do bachelor's degree which is either of three years or fours years course like Bachelor of Technology.

Your bachelor's degree is not valid for apply for CGL examination.
1st July 2016, 12:54 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

SSC CGL stands for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level examination. The eligibility criteria for this examination is as below:

>>Candidate must have passed or in final year of bachelors' degree from a recognized university to be eligible for this exam. According to rules and regulations of SSC, only 3 years graduation is allowed or valid for this exam. Candidates who have done B.Tech can also apply for this exam.

You can not apply for this examination with two years Bachelor of Computer Application, this is not valid bachelor's degree for SSC CGL examination.
1st July 2016, 01:14 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for SSC Combined Graduate Level exam:

*Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for SSC CGL examination.

*Age limit is 18-27 years.

But two years graduation course is not valid for SSC CGL examination and hence, you can not apply for this exam.
1st December 2017, 07:44 PM
nishanth60

Hi Friend
#The minimum educational qualification required to apply for SSC CGL examination is Graduation in any discipline from UGC recognised institution/university.
#As you have completed 2 years of BCA course,you are not eligible to apply for SSC CGL. You can apply for this exam after the completion of your BCA degree.
#And the age limit to apply for this examination is 18-27 years and the age relaxations are : 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PWD candidates.
#And the selection procedure of SSC CGL examination is written exam which is conducted in 3 phases followed by personal interview.
#For further details please visit www.ssc.nic.in
16th January 2022, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir I did three year diploma in cse and completed three year bca degree . Can I eligible for the ssc cgl. But have not done 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?