12th August 2015, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Police Service for 23 years old B.Com graduate?

Sir,
I am of 23 years old. I have completed my B.Com and now I want to join Indian Police Service. Can you please let me know about the procedure for joining?

19th August 2015, 08:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Police Service for 23 years old B.Com graduate?

To join in Indian Police Services after completion of your B.Com course, you need to appear in Indian Civil Services examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. To be eligible to appear in IPS examination, you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

3. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IPS examination notification.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Written Test
2. Personal Interview
3. Physical Test
By qualifying in all the rounds of IPS examination, you will be finally selected into Indian Police Services.
19th August 2015, 11:49 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Police Service for 23 years old B.Com graduate?

Procedure to Join Indian Police Service (IPS):

In order to join "Indian Police Service" (IPS) you are required to apply for Civil Services Examination which is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) Every year. For this you are required to give an Entrance Examination called CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test). The minimum educational qualification required to appear in CSAT Examination is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. There is no certain minimum percentage is required in order to be eligible. The minimum age required to be eligible for appearing in Civil Services Prelims Examination is "21 years" and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years. Since your age is within the above mentioned limit and completed B.Com, I am sure you are certainly eligible to apply for Civil Services Exam. After qualifying Civil Services Prelims, you will be called for Main Examination. After successful completion of Main Examination you will be called for Personal Interview and Medical Examination. I suggest you to go through the below links for more details of Civil Services Examination.

Click here for Civil Services Prelims Details

Click here for Civil Services Main Details
20th August 2015, 12:24 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible to apply for Indian Police Service with your qualifications like Age and Educational qualification. If you are interested to become an IPS officer then you need to give a common exam called " UPSC Civil's " .

Details about UPSC Civil's is given below.

<> You should complete at least graduation from the recognized university with minimum percentage of marks.

<> There is No requirement of percentage for UPSC Civil's.

<> Minimum Age : 21 years

Maximum Age : 30 years

<> There is a Age relaxation for the reserved candidates.

<> Final year candidates can also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil's.
20th August 2015, 10:16 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am of 23 years old. I have completed my B.Com and now I want to join Indian Police Service. Can you please let me know about the procedure for joining?
You have completed B.Com degree so you are eligible for Indian Police Service. As per age criteria you can apply for Indian Police Service exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Selection process:-

Written exam

1)Preliminary

2)Mains

Physical exam

Medical exam

Personal inetrview
31st August 2015, 06:26 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends...................

You can eligible to Apply for IPS.

IPS - Indian Police Service

It is one of the Indian Civil Service exam and the exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

There are certain criteria's which you must satisfy to apply for the exam and they may include:

Age limits:

The candidates must be a citizen of India

The candidates must have a age limit of 21-30 years.

For SC/ST candidates it is 35 years.

For OBC candidates it is 33 years.

Education Qualification:

The candidates must have a degree from a recognized university in any discipline.

The candidates who are writing their final degree exam can also apply for this exam.

The candidates are possibly selected through 3 stages:

Preliminary exam.
Main exam.
Interview

You may be given a certain allotment for attempts and they are,for general candidates it is 4 and for SC/ST there is no limit and for OBC candidates it is 7.

For more information regarding the exam visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the Best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?