2nd March 2018, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

When the notification of Indian Statistical Service exam will be released? Procedure to apply?

Sir, I want to apply for Indian Statistical Service exam. Kindly tell me when I will get notify? I have completed my M.Sc in Statistics from IIT Kanpur. I would also like to know how can I apply for ISS exam. Help me sir regarding this.

Related Questions:
  1. When the notification of Indian Statistical Services recruitment exam will be released? Eligibility to apply?
  2. When the notification of UPSC Indian Statistical Service exam will be released? Eligibility to apply for Statistics graduate? -- [New]
  3. Detailed information and procedure to apply in Indian Statistical Service exam for B.Stats candidate?
  4. When the notification of Indian Statistical Services exam will be released? Detailed information and eligibility to apply for B.Sc(Statistics) final year student?
  5. How to study M.Sc Statistics from Indian Statistical Institution? When the admission notification will be released?
  6. Detailed information about Indian Statistical Service? Benefits of joining ISS for B.Sc(Statistics) student?
  7. Procedure to give Indian Statistical Service exam conducted by UPSC?
  8. When the notification of UPSC Indian Economic Service 2018 will be released?
  9. When the notification of Indian Postal Service recruitment will be released? Eligibility to apply?
  10. Eligibility for ISS examination
  11. Can I apply for Indian Statistical Service examination after M.Sc. (Mathematics)?
  12. Minimum percentage required in B.Tech, 10th and 12th to sit for IES? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. When the notification of West Bengal Co-Operative Service Commission exam will be released? Procedure to apply and suitable books for preparation?
  14. Indian Statistical Service exam question papers
  15. Am I eligible to apply in Indian Statistical Service if having B.Com and M.Com with Statistics?
  16. When the notification of MPSC State Service recruitment will be released? Procedure to apply and date of Prelims?
  17. Solution of last year Indian Statistical Service exam?
  18. Percentage required in B.Stats to apply for Indian Statistical Service exam? Coaching classes for preparation in Delhi?
19th March 2018, 03:16 PM
SABITA THE EXPERT
Banned

Default Re: When the notification of Indian Statistical Service exam will be released? Procedure to apply?

UPSC ISS exam details:

Date of notification - 21st march 2018
End date - 16th april 2018
Date of exam - 29th june 2018
Duration of exam - 3 days.

Eligibility :
i. Candidate must have *Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master’s degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India.
ii. Age limit is in between 21 years to 30 years (5 years relaxation on SC/ST and 3 years relaxation on OBC).

Exams will be held in two parts.

Part I-Written examination carrying a maximum of 1000 marks in the subjects (General English - 100, General Studies - 100, Statistics-I -200, Statistics-II -* 200, Statistics-III - 200, Statistics-IV - 200).

Part II- Viva voce of the candidates who will be called by the Commission carrying a maximum of 200 marks.
19th March 2018, 03:30 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When the notification of Indian Statistical Service exam will be released? Procedure to apply?

Important Dates of Indian Statistical Service Examination dates 2018:

Some of the important dates of Indian Statistical Service Examination 2018 are given below.

>> Issue of Indian Statistical Service Examination 2018 Official Notification - On 21st March, 2018

>> Starting date to apply online - 21st March, 2018

>> Closing date for receipt of applications - 16th April, 2018

>> Date of conduct of UPSC IES ISS Exam 2018 - On 29th June, 2018

The basic educational qualification required for this Indian Statistical Service Examination is, Graduation with Mathematical Statistics or Applied Statistics or Statistics from a recognized university. Or else, Master's Degree in Statistics/ Applied Statistics or Mathematical Statistics from a recognized university in order to be eligible.
20th March 2018, 09:20 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to appear for Indian Statistical Service examination, you should have completed your graduation or post graduation from a recognized university. Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years and age relaxation will be applicable as per government norms. The notification of Indian Statistical Service exam will be released by 21/3/2018.

Candidates who are interested to apply for ISS examination, can visit their official website at (http://upsconline.nic.in) and fill up the online application form. You have to attach the relevant documents and pay the fees through SBI branches/credit/debit card.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?