11th May 2017, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join merchant navy after compliting my graduation?

I am a student of commerce and I had complited my graduation BCom. Can I get any apportunity to make my carrier in mechant navy? Can you please let me know the details soon? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the information soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  2. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after graduation if I am 28 years age old?
  3. Can I join Merchant Navy after Graduation if I secure less than 60% marks in 12th?
  4. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  6. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?
  7. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of B.Sc graduation course with 54% marks?
  8. Is there any post graduation course available for merchant navy?
  9. How a B.Com graduate can join Merchant Navy?
  10. Can I join merchant navy after completing diploma in electronics & telecommunication engineering?
  11. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  12. Can medical students join merchant navy? Can they also be eligible for NDA exam?
  13. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of B.A honours graduation and 12th in PCME?
  14. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  16. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy without appearing in NDA entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy?
  17. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  18. Is it possible for me to apply for Merchant Navy if I have not completed my graduation yet?
26th May 2017, 09:57 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join merchant navy after compliting my graduation?

Yes, you are certainly eligible to join Merchant Navy after successful completion of Graduation. There is a certain criteria that is required in order to join Merchant Navy.

>> The minimum educational required to be eligible for joining Merchant Navy is "Bachelor Degree" in Engineering or B.Sc in Nautical Science or concerned degree from a recognized university.

>> In general the minimum qualification is 12th Class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.

>> Some of the posts that include are, Engineer, Deck Officer, Electro-Technical Officer...etc.,
27th May 2017, 01:22 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join merchant navy after compliting my graduation?

With regret I have to inform you that Merchant navy is for science stream students and since you are from commerce background, so you are not eligible for the same.

Following are the eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy:
1) Student must have passed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
2) Age should be within 20 years.
3) Student must be unmarried.
4) He/She should be an Indian citizen..
5) There will be an entrance test followed by screening test and a main written examination.
6) After clearing the examination, there will be an interview and medical test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?