24th February 2016, 08:54 AM
Unregistered

How much percentage of marks required in graduation to be eligible for civil services interview?

How much percentage of marks required in graduation to be eligible for civil services interview? Can someone please provide me the complete information on the same? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the complete answer soon.

24th February 2016, 06:08 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: How much percentage of marks required in graduation to be eligible for civil services interview?

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC and examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc...

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university in any discipline. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages and have to qualify in all stages for final selection. So, to appear for interview, you have to qualify in first two stages of examination for interview stages.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th February 2016, 07:05 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: How much percentage of marks required in graduation to be eligible for civil services interview?

For Civil Services examination interview, a candidate must clear preliminary and Mains examination then only you can become eligible for interview. Interview is last stage of recruitment process.

Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission and any graduate with passing percentage of marks is eligible to apply for this exam. The age limit is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.
24th February 2016, 08:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much percentage of marks required in graduation to be eligible for civil services interview? Can someone please provide me the complete information on the same? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the complete answer soon.
Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam.

This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For ST/SC category:- unlimited
24th February 2016, 09:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For becoming eligible for civil services exam interview stage you need to crack CSAT and Mains with excellent marks. Your graduation marks is just an eligibility criteria for this exam.

Therefore, perform well in the CSAT and Mains which is the best you can do to become eligible for interview stage.
25th February 2016, 01:35 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is no percentage of marks for civil services examination. The aspirant has to clear two examinations before attending civil services interview. The UPSC is conducting civil services examinations. The eligibility is a graduation in any stream from a recognized university. The upper age limit is 32 years for general category, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. There are Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview for the selection. The aspirant should
complete first the preliminary examination. The website link is http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?