29th February 2016, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects I should take for graduation after completion of 12th to appear for civil services exam in future?

After 12 boards in what subjects should i do my graduation my current sub are science and english and my sole aim is to clear civil service exams what subjects carry the most weightage for these exams thank you gurleen kaur

1st March 2016, 10:31 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subjects I should take for graduation after completion of 12th to appear for civil services exam in future?

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc..

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university and age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

Since, there is no limitation on aggregate and discipline of graduation to appear for examination. So, you can pursue any course in graduation.

The examination is conducted in three stage. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
1st March 2016, 11:42 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects I should take for graduation after completion of 12th to appear for civil services exam in future?

There is nothing as such the way you are thinking. You can do your graduation in any stream and clear civil services examination if you prepare well for your examination.

No, such subjects will help you to improve your chances to get good marks in your civil services exam. So, just continue with your graduation in any stream you wish to and slowly prepare for your examination also.
1st March 2016, 11:48 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

There are no such subjects which can enable you to score well in your civil services examination. Civil services examination is a mixture of various subjects. So, you need to prepare it externally apart from your current studies. So, it doesn't matter as to which subject you choose in your graduation.
2nd March 2016, 12:11 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Candidate passed graduation in any discipline are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination.

As according to eligibility criteria to appear for UPSC examination is candidate must have passed graduation in any discipline from a recognised university and age must be between 21-32 years.

So, you are eligible to pursue any discipline in graduation even candidate are also eligible to select optional paper other than graduation discipline. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?