11th February 2016, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

What are the steps I need to follow for getting admission for Ph.D in Chemistry after completion of M.Sc course?

Sir/Mam,

I have completed my M.Sc this very year and want admission for Ph.D in the same. So, what steps I need to follow now? Can you please help me to find the information which I have to follow next? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the admission process followed for doing Ph.D in Mumbai University after completion of M.Sc course?
  2. What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Chemistry after completion of M.Sc Chemistry with 79% marks?
  3. Steps after clearing NET JRF for PhD entrance?
  4. What are the steps which I need to follow to get the admission for doing Ph.D after completion of MCA course?
  5. Is M.Phil mandatory before PhD?
  6. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in India and aborad based on GATE and CSIR? doing M.Sc Genetics after completion of B.Pharm after completion of M.Sc course?
  7. Can I study PhD after completing M.Ed? Will that be helpful in future for getting a job?
  8. What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D in abroad after completion of M.Sc coure?
  9. Am I eligible to do M.Sc Chemistry course after completion of post graduation in Biotechnology?
  10. How to do Ph.D in chemistry after completing MSc with Chemistry -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I do Ph.D after completion of English through distance education?
  12. How can I get admission in Ph.D? I am a student of MSc Chemistry
  13. What should I do now to do Ph.D in USA after completion of post graduation course in Chemistry majors with 52% marks?
  14. Can I change to another school of CBSE in 12th science?
  15. What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D in European countries after completion of M.Pharm course?
  16. What is the procedure followed to get admission in Guwahati University for Ph.D in computer science?
  17. Which government job I can apply after completion of M.Sc Chemistry?
  18. How to do Ph.D in Chemistry part time?
11th February 2016, 11:58 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the steps I need to follow for getting admission for Ph.D in Chemistry after completion of M.Sc course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have completed my M.Sc this very year and want admission for Ph.D in the same. So, what steps I need to follow now? Can you please help me to find the information which I have to follow next? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon.
The aspirant has to clear the NET examination, so that he can get a PhD seat easily. Then you have to apply to the university either online or offline for studying PhD course. After short listing they call you for an interview. If you have not cleared NET then you have to appear for an entrance examination for the admission. The marks scored in the graduation and post graduation and your knowledge in the subject will help you for the admission. It is always advisable to contact the university in person for more details. There are many colleges/universities in India offering PhD in Chemistry.
12th February 2016, 02:12 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What are the steps I need to follow for getting admission for Ph.D in Chemistry after completion of M.Sc course?

You need to appear for the Entrance Examinations of the Universities that you want to join along with the UGC-NET.
You need to crack these Examinations followed by the Personal Interview.
Once you are able to clear these two hurdles you will be able to take admission to the course of PhD in Chemistry.
You will need good in depth Domain knowledge to be able to crack the Personal Interview.
You need to have more than 50% marks in your Masters Degree to be eligible for the course of PhD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?